KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Low light tea

ybPtYi6.jpg

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Many of the videos I've seen coming from the Lumia 950/ 950XL seem as if they're shot through a layer of gauze, a white-ish haze.
Anyone care to comment on what could be causing it?

I noticed it too, on videos posted and my own phone. It only seems to happen in low light situations, natural light looks perfect to me but at night the white haze appears. It seems to be whatever process they're using to brighten up nighttime shots, I'm not a fan of it. Pictures though are still incredible at night time.

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I noticed it too, on videos posted and my own phone. It only seems to happen in low light situations, natural light looks perfect to me but at night the white haze appears. It seems to be whatever process they're using to brighten up nighttime shots, I'm not a fan of it. Pictures though are still incredible at night time.

you have to adjust the exposure during video at night .Reduce it at - 0.7 to - 1.
Check this out taken with my 950
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...346&authkey=!AGZmUf9bhMZGyd4&ithint=video,mp4

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but that dont fix the problem.. :(. Is I the only one having this troubble??
Nope, you are not the only one. When flash fires in low light, people's eyes become white-bluish (not the usual red eyes). Auto red eyes remover apps will not work. I think you can only fix it manually using photoshop desktop.

Sorkstryparen

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Nope, you are not the only one. When flash fires in low light, people's eyes become white-bluish (not the usual red eyes). Auto red eyes remover apps will not work. I think you can only fix it manually using photoshop desktop.

Shouldnt the flash on 950/XL be one off a kind? They promoted the flash to be the best..

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Shouldnt the flash on 950/XL be one off a kind? They promoted the flash to be the best..

It is amazing, makes low light situations look incredible. I have no problems with red eye, even in pitch black if I take a picture with flash there is no red eye, I don't know what causes it on some other devices though.

Sorkstryparen

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
It is amazing, makes low light situations look incredible. I have no problems with red eye, even in pitch black if I take a picture with flash there is no red eye, I don't know what causes it on some other devices though.

I cant understand why? Becuse the camera is Amazing otherwise.. :(. Can someone confirme here that have changed their phone that red/glowing Eyes dissapered.. :)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I cant understand why? Becuse the camera is Amazing otherwise.. :(. Can someone confirme here that have changed their phone that red/glowing Eyes dissapered.. :)

I don't know if this applies, but I left Rich Capture "on" when taking a picture of my dogs using the flash, and was able to remove the glow from their eyes the “choose the best lighting” feature.

Original:

WP_20160101_10_10_30_Rich.jpg

After adjustment with "choose best lighting":

dogs.jpg

Sorkstryparen

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this applies, but I left Rich Capture "on" when taking a picture of my dogs using the flash, and was able to remove the glow from their eyes the “choose the best lighting” feature.

Original:

View attachment 120257

After adjustment with "choose best lighting":

View attachment 120258

Beautiful dogs :) The first Picture is exactly how my look, i have used that setting but the best light is if i slide the slider where the flash dont show.. :p.

Mabey this is not a "problem" but I can only compare to my old L930 where this almost never happend, and if it did Lumia creative studio could fix the red-eyes. But the glowing-eyes on the first Picture there cant be fixed.. well atleast i dont know how.. :).

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok just got home from CES 2016! I was looking for Dan and the rest of Windows Central team but I couldn't find them lol.
Anyways, here's some Faraday Future FFZero1 shots in the mean time. All pics were taken full auto, RC on, but most images didn't trigger RC.

WP_20160109_12_48_56_Rich.jpg

WP_20160109_12_51_26_Rich.jpg

WP_20160109_12_55_28_Rich.jpg

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Extactly, I dont like it. Videos in low light conditions aren't as sharp as they were on the 920. I've made several tests and 920 videos look more sharp in low light. I hope they fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12