Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 950 XL

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Let's see some pictures from the new big bad camera that sits in your pants pocket.

The rear camera is a 20MP, Backside-illuminated PureView sensor with Optical Image Stabilization, Auto focus with two-stage capture key, Fast Focus and high resolution zoom. It has a triple LED natural flash and a true 16:9 sensor size of 1/2.4". And it records at 4k resolution. Not to mention the new and constantly improving Windows Camera software.

Post pictures and videos below. I'm going to go get some popcorn.

[NOTE]
Guidelines:
  • Off-topic Posts will be edited or removed. Please respect our community rules no matter how good your photo is.
  • The moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or remove your posts as necessary so they comply with our Community Rules.
  • The forum will automatically resize your picture thumbnails so the forum structure isn't broken.

Feel free to look over the Community Rules & Guidelines before you post.
[/NOTE]

If you want some great advice on how to fine tune your photography skills, check out Muessig's excellent guide: So you want to take better pictures?

And for more photography info and chatter, check out the photography forums: The Photography Lounge - Windows Central Forums

BeyondGrave

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Camera is really good on macro shots. Haven't tried landscape much, but I hear turning rich capture off on those keeps them from looking blurry and soft. Not sure I can post images because I'm new to these forums.

The odd thing is that the pictures on the device look like they have tons of noise, but when you open them on a PC, they don't. I'm not sure if the phone uses poorly compressed thumbnails in preview or what but I was super disappointed in the quality until I checked them on my desktop. Fairly new to Windows Phone / Lumia so I'm not sure if that's normal.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The camera is very good just right now the files are large and the forum keeps rejecting them asking for me to crop and stuff I have no time for that I will figure out what I need to do maybe i can insert a link via drop box or one drive. Any way its really cool perfect pics each time in low light and outside in good light. I have not had one blurry pic it seems if it does the system says fixing and booooom the image is perfect looking. The only thing I can't find is HDR where is this. Does WM call this something else or what.. thanks

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The camera is very good just right now the files are large and the forum keeps rejecting them asking for me to crop and stuff I have no time for that I will figure out what I need to do maybe i can insert a link via drop box or one drive. Any way its really cool perfect pics each time in low light and outside in good light. I have not had one blurry pic it seems if it does the system says fixing and booooom the image is perfect looking. The only thing I can't find is HDR where is this. Does WM call this something else or what.. thanks
HDR is Rich Capture. On the right side of the view finder you should see a little wand. That's Rich Capture. It's an advanced HDR that allows you to edit the exposure of the picture after you've taken it (it's really cool). If you turn Rich Capture and the flash on at the same time, you activate something called Dynamic Flash, which allows you to edit the flash after you've taken the picture (also really cool).

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
HDR is Rich Capture. On the right side of the view finder you should see a little wand. That's Rich Capture. It's an advanced HDR that allows you to edit the exposure of the picture after you've taken it (it's really cool). If you turn Rich Capture and the flash on at the same time, you activate something called Dynamic Flash, which allows you to edit the flash after you've taken the picture (also really cool).

Thanks and that feature is awesome you can go in and do some nice editing very simple, love how they implemented this. Awesome job they did with this camera it clearly beats out all of my other phones.

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i just picked up my 950xl at the store...
camera is amazing. here's the 1st shot. just resized...

23257840661_c9a92810d1_o.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Request: My primary interest in photography is nature and outdoors. Can someone take some long shots across wide landscapes using autofocus so I can sample depth of field in that scenario?

It would be much appreciated.

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I can jump out to Alki tomorrow and get some shots of Seattle across the water. I'd wager that you're going to get infinite at anything past about 8' though. The lens is incredible, but it can't physically get any longer. Even at f/1.9, I'm guessing you'll get pretty tack sharp shots the entire depth of the image.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can jump out to Alki tomorrow and get some shots of Seattle across the water. I'd wager that you're going to get infinite at anything past about 8' though. The lens is incredible, but it can't physically get any longer. Even at f/1.9, I'm guessing you'll get pretty tack sharp shots the entire depth of the image.

I'm hoping to see that. I did a side by side in a Microsoft Store with a 950 XL and my 1520, but there is only is far you can shoot in there.

If there is a "distraction" in the foreground when using autofocus is really what I'm after. Could probably have worded it better. :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
here's my 1st vid...

thanks for the photos and the videos...
question about the video... shouldnt there be OIS on this?
I read somewhere only digital OIS was present for videos - would have thought it should be hardward OIS for photos AND videos?
seems like there is a lot of bouncing going on....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte