Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 950 XL

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Share the link please

The Links, please keep it in mind that I was under a red lamp hence the reddish tone, but the main thing is the sound at the moment, which was perfect recorded with the Lumia, and as for the OnePlus2 (he deleted it because of the bad quali ) it was all bad.... and the bass was too much for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSl_Kg6zLSc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbpbSVY3nfg&feature=youtu.be (this is still under publishing ..)

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
vzbEU8g.jpg

Very low light, only small light source from my monitor.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Looking at all these photos is depressing. My 950xl doesn't come close to these. Are you guys manually focusing? How long do you wait before you take the shot? Do you use the hardware button or the onscreen button? I'm trying to figure it out. My 1520 is running circles around my 950xl

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Looking at all these photos is depressing. My 950xl doesn't come close to these. Are you guys manually focusing? How long do you wait before you take the shot? Do you use the hardware button or the onscreen button? I'm trying to figure it out. My 1520 is running circles around my 950xl

What result are you getting? Blurry? Too wide/narrow DoF? Desaturated? Too saturated? There's possibly an issue with the camera if you're getting much better shots out of your 1520.

Some tricks for blurry:
Use the hardware button and depress fully on an exhale.
Use any stationary structure as a brace.
Over light the subject if you have that option. If you're using manual settings, this will allow you to set the aperture and then use the shutter speed to limit light, giving you control over depth of field.
Manual focus if auto is getting stuck on something in the background.
Turn off Rich Capture

Noisy pictures:
Light light light
Reduce ISO by opening the iris (this will shallow your DoF substantially)
Turn off Rich Capture
Manually set white balance

Any photo:
Take a lot of shots. Film costs money, temporary space is essentially free.
Turn off Rich Capture (just keep this off, is what I'm saying...unless you have an HDR shot specifically in mind).
Turn off things like Living Images that complicate a single shot.
Post process a DNG in Lightroom or Photoshop.
Understand the relationship between shutter speed, ISO, and aperture. It's one of those 'pick two' sort of things. If you want high aperture and low ISO, you'll have to up your shutter speed, etc.

But again, you may have gotten a bum sensor or optics. It happens.

farhanmohd

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Here is a photo I took of a menu cover, in a restaurant. The lighting was medium low with candle light and other coloured lighting.

View attachment 119985

http://i.imgur.com/Fes5ERa.jpg

Pretty impressive. Non grainy images like we get with 1020. 930/1520 would had produced grainy images in such light conditions. Seems 950 camera is on par with that of 1020.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Testing dng + PS. Compared to l930 it has a lot less noise

What about JPEG results?

I'm not impressed with 950 or 950 XL pictures for now. The best in this topic are DNG files. But 930 make really beautifull DNGs too, hard to notice any difference from 950 to 930 DNG signature. Only much less noise, but only that.

I'm interested on JPEG results since 930 is really bad on it.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Here are some JPEG (8MP) results as the phone made them, second photo was made accidentally while the phone was in the car holder:)

WP_20151230_14_21_50_Pro (Large).jpg

WP_20160103_09_15_31_Pro (Large).jpg

WP_20160104_18_25_47_Pro (Large).jpg

WP_20160104_18_26_53_Pro (Large).jpg

Sorkstryparen

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
People I need help here.. How do you do to take Pictures in darker conditions without people and animals geting redeyes? I have tried different settings but nothing works.. only with the flash off works.. otherwise peoples Eyes looks like a Little lightblob. And then I cant get rid off it even on the computer.. :/ or mabey my phone is broken?

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
People I need help here.. How do you do to take Pictures in darker conditions without people and animals geting redeyes? I have tried different settings but nothing works.. only with the flash off works.. otherwise peoples Eyes looks like a Little lightblob. And then I cant get rid off it even on the computer.. :/ or mabey my phone is broken?

I was just playing with Creative Studio and there's a red eye tool there. Have you tried messing with it?

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Many of the videos I've seen coming from the Lumia 950/ 950XL seem as if they're shot through a layer of gauze, a white-ish haze.
Anyone care to comment on what could be causing it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720