03-07-2016 09:52 AM
29 12
tools
    Hi Everyone,
    Its nice to know that theres a site for Lumia 950Xl. I can finally share what Ive experience for the past couple of months and what I am experiencing now. But first let me tell a little bit about me and how I use my Mobile Phone.
    I received my Lumia 950XL last December 12, 2015. I ordered it last Nov. 28, 2015 in Vodafone Shop (but wasnt available). I use my Mobile phone listening to Music (when Im at the Gym), Chat, play some games (when theres a time), use it as an alarm and reminder of tasks and schedules and of course for calling. My previous Mobile phone was (or is) a Samsung S4 and Im sure everyone knows thats an Android Phone.
    Let me Start outside of the phone. The power button and the volume up and down is perfectly placed. Compare to Samsung, I still accidentally hit the power and lock the screen. The 8.2mm (0.32 in) thin looks and feels pretty neat. The Gorilla Glass 3 sucks on Lumia 950XL. Sorry to say this but my Samsung flew more than twice and just gave me dents, dropped flat facing glass more than twice and no scratch or nothing happened. My Lumia was just in front of my pocket jeans and the Glass already cracked. Called the Lumia Support, everything I said was just a fairy tale and have to pay about 125 to repair. Cause of the crack my warranty is cancelled. Great Lumia thanks!
    Camera: No doubt the cameras are great! Since I have the Lumia 950XL I havent touched my DSLR Camera. The Live pictures are nice and fun. But sometimes it doesnt work (havent figure it out yet). Lots of time I have to wait before I can view or zoom the Image. The Videos stutters when its save to MicroSD card even though I have a fast MicroSD card. I recommend to save your Videos in the System itself.
    When the Screen is locked and needed a quick shot of a photo, sometimes the camera button on the side of phone just wont react or work. Lots of time I need to unlock the screen first but then the moments are gone 
    Power: Battery life is not bad. Sometimes I dont need to charge it for a day (maybe because kept going back to my S4).
    Windows Hello: Its still BETA as of now and I hope they are working on it. It needs more improvement. Lots of time it doesnt recognize you, specially while youre walking. Many times it keeps asking to move closerI dont want to kiss my Mobile phone, I need it to recognize me!, I turned it off again cause typing your pin is much faster.
    APPS: This is supposed to be an Octacore Processor! I dont feel or see it! My S4 is still much faster using the same APP.
    Like I said I use my Mobile phone as an alarm toocause of the sounds are overwhelming while its waking youbut those are worthless if it doesnt wake you up. Since I have my Lumia 950XL. I was late for work for more than twice in a month cause it didnt woke me up. At first I thought it was my fault. It just didnt went offbut the display says snooze and dismissgreat!
    Top left of the display comes an Icon that you have a push. So I will scroll down and tap one of the messages or push. When Im done reading or already seen the message in a chat. The pushes are still there although Ive already seen the message. I have to clear them all first. But when I clear them all and go back to my Start page. The Icon on top left of display is still there. Lots of time its annoying cause I keep finding myself dragging down the screen for nothing.
    Ive already experienced System got stuck, crash down while watching Youtube, restarting by itself (no update). When I want to recharge my phone while it is off it keeps restarting by itself, WHY?
    What happened to the Universal App they are talking at the presentation?!...anyway all in all, I dont think my next Mobile phone would be a Lumia nor a Windows phone, if nothing improves or change. Until now I keep finding myself grabbing my Android TAB or Phone cause of the Apps I use and need every day. I use the Lumia just for calling or sometimes pictures, thats it...
    Nowadays your Mobile phone is like your companion or a friend, reminding you, showing you, entertain you etc Lumia 950XL is just a friend that keeps leaving you hanging.
    Its Gorilla Glass 4.

The video to SD card stutter issue was fixed with yesterday's update.

You have to train Hello to recognize you easier. It seem to be faster with the latest update.

There is a trick to the quick camera launch, disable accidental camera launch.

I haven't experienced missing the alarm and lots of people are reporting on that.

I agree that the overall experience on Windows 10 isn't great right now and it isn't doing the 950 XL hardware justice. But I don't know, there is something about its design that made me hate iOS and Android. And the camera is just too good to be true.
    02-21-2016 09:50 AM
    My bad! I know it's Gorilla Glass 4, just miss typed it. But then again, it still sucks and the Microsoft Lumia Support. I've had it 2 days...2 DAYS, and the glass cracked in my pocket! They sent me a faulty glass and I have to pay for the repair?! No thanks!

I will activate hello again and lets see if the update made it better and about the alarm clock.
    Thanks for the tip about the camera.
    02-22-2016 01:14 PM
    QUESTION! Yesterday my Lumia 930's screen tragically smashed. Now i'm left with a decision, do I spend 180 euros on repairing it and hold out for the 'Surface Phone' or do I buy a 950/xl?
    03-07-2016 06:41 AM
    Get a 950 or 950XL :) Sorface Phone (or whatever newer Lumia) is 9 months away (speculating).
    03-07-2016 09:52 AM
29 12