[Quick Impressions] Who Just Got The Lumia 950 XL?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Most phones and laptops and tablets available from the Microsoft Store are eligible for Complete, including flagship Lumias. I had complete on my 1020 and on my 1520. Others have confirmed they've gotten Complete for their Lumia 950 XLs.

Unfortunately, I think you have to go in-store to register for Complete. That, or call Microsoft Customer Service and pray.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
is it possible to replace the cable on the wall charger or maybe use a europen wall charger and to plug in the TYPE C data cable ?

Nope... I'd be surpised if the European versions of the phone don't come with a plug that fits the country it's sold in.

RoieK

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
it will be sold with the right wall charger but if I buy it from the US it Is a little bit cheaper...(buying it SIM FREE)
in Europe if you be the 950xl in France you get the Display Dock and the DT-904 (wireless charger)

it is a great phone specs wish but is it a good phone for a first time WP user (to start of with the BEST?)

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For those that have their XL's (and have owned a 1520), can you tell me how the external speaker compares? The 1520 speaker is loud, which is something I appreciate.

As well, curious how good the vibrate function is. Last couple Lumia's I've owned had very weak vibe functions so I can never feel my phone ringing in my pocket.

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone is getting really warm. I just finished the setup and it is charging now. How about yours? Hope there is no heat issue with this phone....

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
The warmth that you're feeling now is as warm as it gets. Once all your apps are updated and everything is synced it cools down.

To be fair it doesn't really stick out more than a few millimeters and even with the back off the only way you'd be able to bend it would be from the top if you dropped it with the back off. You need to press pretty hard to get any sort of give on that port.

WP_20151125_16_58_49_Pro_LI.jpg

Last edited:

jamielife

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
For those that have their XL's (and have owned a 1520), can you tell me how the external speaker compares? The 1520 speaker is loud, which is something I appreciate.

As well, curious how good the vibrate function is. Last couple Lumia's I've owned had very weak vibe functions so I can never feel my phone ringing in my pocket.

Both audibly and visually (did a pretty lazy sound test using my PCs microphone setup function) my 950xl is louder.

Great picture.... Swaying ne towards the xl. How does it compare to the 920? You like? Thanks for the image.

Pretty much just getting everything reinstalled, but I do so far. I haven't used the 920 in a couple years now (switched to the 1520). However, it's really a total upgrade to both. Much faster, lighter, and the experience feels smoother. My main concern was the size compared to the 1520. If you like larger screens (like me) I was worried I'd miss the extra real estate. Although honestly, I havent even noticed it, it doesn't feel like a loss. Coming from the 920, I think you'll love it either way.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Had mine since noon, I was out and about after a while so still updating apps once I got home.

So far I like it a lot. Screen is big and easy to read, but not as big as the 1320 I had for a while which was TOO big. The iris scanner works quite well except for outside sometimes, additional training may help. Continuum is wild! I used it simply with the MS miracast dongle I already had on my 70" flatscreen and the touchpad on the screen functionality built in.

Once the Lumia offers app downloaded I used that to grab the dock from the store, says 4 - 6 weeks to ship...

jamielife

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I get Complete on everything at my local store. I had it on my Band 1 and Lumia 1520, and have it on my Surface Pro 4, Band 2 and Lumia 950XL. I'm in the US, in case it makes a difference.

I'm US as well. I think the issue is ordering online. It looks like you have to do it at checkout to get it online, and I don't remember seeing that option. I may have missed it. I was reading that you have 45 days to take it to store and activate it, so I might have to take the 2 hour drive up to my nearest MS Store to do it. Definitely, not trying to pay full price for another 950xl again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo