[Quick Impressions] Who Just Got The Lumia 950 XL?

bluekalo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I am super impressed and very happy with the camera so far! I came over from the Alcatel IDOL S4; it was the perfect phone for me....except for the camera; it was too weak to overcome all of the other phone strengths. the 950 XL camera is noticeably all-around better (focus, colour, detail, balance, exposure, speed). Super happy with it!

super camera

Shawn Garvey1

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I just got mine a few weeks ago; despite all the doom-and-gloom about the future of the platform. I had my beloved Nexus 6 for a long time, but after switching to Cricket and getting a Lumia 650 for free and using it as a test run for a few weeks, I got myself the 950 XL and am really glad I did. I have no complaints as regards apps given how I use the phone, and the way it integrates with my Surface Book is a productivity dream for me. Love the OS, LOVE the camera, the fact that there's still a removable back for switching out batteries and extra storage with the microSD is nice to still see around on a phone. The screen is gorgeous, love the battery life...very happy camper here!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got a 950 XL. Switched from an Icon on Verizon to this on T-Mobile, which has been a nice surprise. I'm getting equally good coverage and better LTE speed. Not sure if I'm happier with the phone upgrade or getting away from Verizon. Anyway, so far, so good. The camera rocks, loving the expandable storage, and battery life has been great. Those last 2 were my only real complaints with the Icon. I'm also really liking Windows Hello.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm thinking of mailing my L950XL DS to MS and telling them to shove it. I've bought 3 batteries, one was OEM and another was the listed as one registered with the same model number as my phone, the 3rd one had a higher number than my device. My device says RM-1116 and the one I bought said RM-1118 so that one was restarting at a ridiculous rate. The OEM was a bit better but still the same result, bought one said RM-1116 as my phone and I thought it was the one and surprise surprise it restarted as well. This is getting beyond ridiculous especially for a device with hardware that rivaled many of the "high-end" devices. Will MS EVER GET ANYTHING RIGHT?????

george-x

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Got it a month ago. I had a Lumia 640 LTE before.

Arrived with version 1511 10.0.10586.318. 1st upgrade was to 1607 10.0.14393.1066, and 2nd to 1703 10.0.15063.251

Very happy with the camera, both photos & videos look great. Didn't pay for it, I got it from work, our supplier was clearing stock and price was 299 euro (inc. vat).
I hope MS supports this phone and it gets a few future updates. I won't complain anyway, it is much better than anything I had for a long time now.

2 crashes/reboots until now.

The battery was completely empty when i got it, I found that a bit strange.

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So, I've had the 950xl since it was released, Dec. 2015. Never owned anything but a windows phone, started with win mobile flip phone. Just wondering how everyone is using theirs. What apps are you using? I do wish we had more apps, especially useful daily apps e.g.: banking apps, shopping, Amazon, public transportation, etc. There's so many companies that offer an app but not for WP, it's very disheartening and frustrating. That's the only reason I'm considering going over to android when I get frustrated enough or the phone dies.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Didn't write before my conclusion is being made after month of using... but now I can say with honor: I love my 950 XL!

My previous BlackBerry Z10 was good... but 950 XL is even better.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
So, I've had the 950xl since it was released, Dec. 2015. Never owned anything but a windows phone, started with win mobile flip phone. Just wondering how everyone is using theirs. What apps are you using? I do wish we had more apps, especially useful daily apps e.g.: banking apps, shopping, Amazon, public transportation, etc. There's so many companies that offer an app but not for WP, it's very disheartening and frustrating. That's the only reason I'm considering going over to android when I get frustrated enough or the phone dies.

I agree. Lets hope meanwhile Microsoft does something about it. ;)

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I got my 950xl this past Thursday. Came from 2 928's>2 Icon's to this. I had one Icon on 8.1 and the other on 10, really liked both, but liked 10 better. I wanted the xl since a friend showed me his. I've always been a Verizon guy,of course we all know about their love for wp, NOT. I had seen adds for Mint sim and went for that as well since I couldn't use it on an Icon. So far loving this phone, except for the bluetooth issue, I'll be reading up on that shortly. I love Pandora in my car, I hope there's a fix. There are a few quirks, but I expect them, no phone is perfect! Now go ahead and make that folding surface phone that we're waiting for!!

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got my 950xl this past Thursday. Came from 2 928's>2 Icon's to this. I had one Icon on 8.1 and the other on 10, really liked both, but liked 10 better. I wanted the xl since a friend showed me his. I've always been a Verizon guy,of course we all know about their love for wp, NOT. I had seen adds for Mint sim and went for that as well since I couldn't use it on an Icon. So far loving this phone, except for the bluetooth issue, I'll be reading up on that shortly. I love Pandora in my car, I hope there's a fix. There are a few quirks, but I expect them, no phone is perfect! Now go ahead and make that folding surface phone that we're waiting for!!
What Bluetooth issue? I've been using my 950xl playing music and calls over Bluetooth to various cars and devices flawlessly since I got it last year

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
...Just wondering how everyone is using theirs. What apps are you using? I do wish we had more apps, especially useful daily apps e.g.: banking apps, shopping, Amazon, public transportation, etc. There's so many companies that offer an app but not for WP, it's very disheartening and frustrating. That's the only reason I'm considering going over to android when I get frustrated enough or the phone dies.

In Dec 2015 I could install most of apps I needed for my brand new 950XL, but week after week apps started not function until totally disappeared. Only few developers reminded me of discontinuing their apps for Windows Mobile phones...like eBay, Amazon, Air Canada, SNCF, banks...etc. So basically my 950XL was useful for only 3 months then after its just like the cheapest flip cell phones of 2000s era. Smart brain of 950XL is called Cortana who is so stupid I ask her what time is it? it tells me time in another city in another country I have no clue where it is. Microsoft Store did not even had a battery for 950XL anytime since 2015. I cannot believe they sell a product without spare parts being readily available in their stores.:sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077