09-30-2017 09:36 AM
539 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Mozo must have 3 employees.
    They are switching between doing MS cases and Nintendo Amiibos.
    Idiosyncrasy likes this.
    12-17-2015 07:10 AM
    CLARIFICATION NEEDED!!!

All,

Based on marketing speak, am I to assume that Mozo cases support Qi and if I purchase any other case, it may not? By that I mean even the "wrapper cases" that go over the original back? Will it be too thick to register with the wireless charging pads?

thanks
    12-17-2015 08:25 AM
    The Incipio works with QI. Not too thick.
    12-17-2015 08:28 AM
    Getting the feeling that Mozo are shafting there suppliers because they cant keep up with demand. My supplier just told me on twitter that there due date for stock to arrived has been changed again. very poor busyness practice if that's the case.
    Sadly that makes sense, why would they shaft they're customers for 2nd party consumers?? I personally gave up on waiting for the 950XL and MobileFun Mozo case, I'll wait until Jan/Feb when both demand and prices settled down..
    12-17-2015 11:39 AM
    Received my Mozo black case for the 950XL today from Mobile Fun.
    12-17-2015 01:50 PM
    Received an email from Mobile fun a couple hours ago telling me that they won't have the white Mozo back in stock until the 18th of January 2016.
    12-17-2015 02:05 PM
    I just cancelled my order with Mobilefun after reading all the crap on here. You either know what you have in stock, or you don't. Can't stand when companies cant get something this basic down, including Microsoft
    12-17-2015 02:31 PM
    Charger: LOVE,LOVE,LOVE IT, have it on my desk and it is soooo accomodating: http://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Wirel...pUvbUpU3345962

NCP Cover: I liked the Incipio (tried it at the MS Store), I like the way it covers the side buttons - but still gives you some sense of what your depressing. May buy this one as a alternate/stand-by.

SCREEN COVER: 950xl TruShield screen protector - I got this one and it went on very easy (twice, I messed up the 1st time) no bubbles at all, fit flush on my phone. NOTE: No longer listed as available on amazon.

KuGi COVER: fit great, looked good, felt good - just didn't like the way it left the original side buttons exposed (I really don't like OEM buttons) http://www.amazon.com/Lumia-quality-...pUvbUpU3345962

VALKYRIE Front/Back PROTECTOR: I have this on order, thought it look good and I had order a similar style (from China) and liked the concept for certain applications, so I plan to use this style as a second choice for extra protection: Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, VALKYRIE Lumia 950 XL Flip Slim Wallet Case For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with Card Slot Flip Cover and Stand Feature - Carbon Fiber Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

TPU COVER: using this one now, I like it…and it protected my phone when I dropped it from above waist high, onto a hard tile floor, and suffered NO (none) damage. The problem with this case though, is that it is hard to distinguish between the volume up/down buttons from the power button. frustrates the heck out of me: http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-Mat...pUvbUpU3345962

Still looking for "the" GREAT CASE :(
    jmajid likes this.
    12-17-2015 03:25 PM
    I faced the same issue as others, corners didn't stick, most noticeably on the top and bottom left. I've ordered a different one to see if it works better.
    I just installed the Mr Shield screen protector. I think better than testing your luck with tempered glass. So far so good, will reply if I run into any issues. As one of the reviews mentions, the cut outs in the screenshot aren't accurate, it has all the required cut outs.

URL: Amazon.com: Mr Shield For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Anti-Crash Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    12-17-2015 08:20 PM
    So the iDOO Qi Wireless Charger Stand hits the 950XL receiver dead on??? I had to do the base modification which sets the phone on its side for my Nokia DT910 to make it work with my 640XL and really don't like having it lying on its side especially with glance screen on night mode or when the alarm goes off..
    Edited: decided to just order it, good reviews and seems it works with all large phones like the XLs.. Amazon offers it a couple $$ cheaper directly from iDoo.
    http://www.amazon.com/3-coils-Foldin...pUvbUpU3346391
    Last edited by Captpt; 12-18-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    12-17-2015 09:11 PM
    Did anyone here, who ordered their case directly from Mozo get it delivered or get shipping information in the last few days? I ordered on 23 Nov (Black, 950XL) but haven't received anything.

Just want to get a sense of shop-to-ship wait times.
    12-18-2015 12:23 AM
    I emailed mobilefun and they're ignoring me now...
    12-18-2015 01:06 AM
    Mozo have screwed up here, suspect the Far East will be onto this pretty quickly and offer better colour ranges for less money.
    12-18-2015 06:26 AM
    12-18-2015 09:17 AM
    Mozo have screwed up here, suspect the Far East will be onto this pretty quickly and offer better colour ranges for less money.
    Likely China will beat them to it.
    bells0 likes this.
    12-18-2015 10:47 AM
    So the iDOO Qi Wireless Charger Stand hits the 950XL receiver dead on??? I had to do the base modification which sets the phone on its side for my Nokia DT910 to make it work with my 640XL and really don't like having it lying on its side especially with glance screen on night mode or when the alarm goes off..
    Edited: decided to just order it, good reviews and seems it works with all large phones like the XLs.. Amazon offers it a couple $$ cheaper directly from iDoo.
    http://www.amazon.com/3-coils-Foldin...pUvbUpU3347272
    Captpt: I have used this charger with 4 different cases (2-TPU, 1-wallet style case, 1-OtterBox on my old 920) and all were recognized by the Idoo. I was also able to put the 950XL in landscape mode, and it seemed to be detected easily (I forget what case was on it at the time, probably one of the TPUs). I like the way: it holds the phone; adjusts to the users desired/comfort angle; is easy to fold and pack, if you want to take it with you for travel. So far, this charger is the best 950XL accessory I have purchased for the 950XL, with the TruShield coming in at a close second.
    Captpt likes this.
    12-18-2015 10:49 AM
    I have been using the Black Mozo replacement back for 950XL two days now...works fine and looks great. Well worth the wait from Mobile Fun.
    12-18-2015 12:46 PM
    So far, this charger is the best 950XL accessory I have purchased for the 950XL, with the TruShield coming in at a close second.
    You did seem extremely pleased with it which totally helped with my decision to not wait for a reply..
    Thank you for the heads up on the charger, its does look to be super versatile!!! It took a lot of willpower not to plop a extra $10 down for one day shipping though lol..
    mtf1380 likes this.
    12-18-2015 01:44 PM
    It took a lot of willpower not to plop a extra $10 down for one day shipping though lol..
    I know that feeling ;^)

I did notice something yesterday. I have an old fatboy pillow charger downstairs, and when I removed the 950XL from it yesterday morning, my charge was only showing 32%, (after sitting on the charger all night) which was odd...because usually if it is not seated correctly, it will chime almost incessantly, and the phone was hot as hell when I removed it. When I took the phone upstairs and placed it on the Idoo it registered a connection immediately, but also seemed to charge at a slower rate than it had been. I attributed it to the Phone doing another battery adjustment, and not to either charger, I could be wrong on that assumption - but due to the past characteristic, I am probably more right, than wrong on this one...or, impatient...or, both (probably the latter:)

So I am running a test on the IDoo right now. At 2:54pm the charge read: 81 percent, it is now 3:10, and the charge reads 87 percent.

When you receive your unit and have played with it a little, let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    12-18-2015 03:12 PM
    Yeah know...overall I am pretty friggin happy with what I have, and what's to come with this phone, BUT....

I wish that some smart entrepreneur would develop a COOL, BUNDLE, that consisted of: a Back replacement case, that would allow you to open a section (without have to remove the back itself) that gave you access to the Battery compartment, a replacement battery, and mini battery charging cradle with a usb connector. Allowing you to charge your phone and the extra battery at night, and switch the battery mid-day (when needed) without any effort.

When I go to China, I use my phone as a camera, almost all day, and I am ALWAYS looking for a quick battery boost. 2 years ago (I was using the 920) I saw my driver for the day, remove the back of this phone and switch out batteries (I was soooo envious). I have an external battery now, but it is heavy....it would be awesome if that option was made available - I mean hell, I'm looking for a new back anyway :^)
    12-18-2015 04:22 PM
    i was using http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-10400mAh...pUvbUpU3348159 to charge my s6 when im on break at work. tried to charge 950xl. wouldnt even charge. some phones will still charge even if they dont have quick charge. so am i correct in assuming that the phone is just not compatible thats why it wont charge using the battery pack?
    12-19-2015 02:17 AM
    i was using http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-10400mAh...pUvbUpU3348639 to charge my s6 when im on break at work. tried to charge 950xl. wouldnt even charge. some phones will still charge even if they dont have quick charge. so am i correct in assuming that the phone is just not compatible thats why it wont charge using the battery pack?
    Kappatau, Thank you for that...I better test my external before I actually need it.
    12-19-2015 12:10 PM
    I know that feeling ;^)

I did notice something yesterday. I have an old fatboy pillow charger downstairs, and when I removed the 950XL from it yesterday morning, my charge was only showing 32%, (after sitting on the charger all night) which was odd...because usually if it is not seated correctly, it will chime almost incessantly, and the phone was hot as hell when I removed it. When I took the phone upstairs and placed it on the Idoo it registered a connection immediately, but also seemed to charge at a slower rate than it had been. I attributed it to the Phone doing another battery adjustment, and not to either charger, I could be wrong on that assumption - but due to the past characteristic, I am probably more right, than wrong on this one...or, impatient...or, both (probably the latter:)
    So I am running a test on the IDoo right now. At 2:54pm the charge read: 81 percent, it is now 3:10, and the charge reads 87 percent.s!
    Hopefully the pillow didn't overcook or damage the phones charging receiver??
    12-19-2015 05:10 PM
    I have purchased 2 TPU cases for my 950XL. Here are my comments on them:

Kugi Blue TPU case

http://www.amazon.com/Lumia-quality-...pUvbUpU3349342

This case looks really sleek on my black 950XL, much nicer than the pictures online. I like that the buttons are exposed, as they are much easier to find and press than on a case that covers the buttons, especially because of the close placement of the on/off button and the volume buttons.The tradeoff is that the outside metal ring of the camera is a little more exposed on this case, though it will keep it from touching anything when placed on a flat surface. Also, because of the cuttout to let the 3 buttons be exposed, the part above them that protects the top edge of the screen is a little weak. The back is matt, while the front and edges are smooth and more transparent, almost giving it a neon look. I have a black phone, which makes the case look a lot darker than the picture, and in my opinion, way nicer than the picture. With the silver buttons and the metal camera ring showing, it looks really sharp, I have to admit. It may be slightly slipperier than my other case. It is transparent enough in the back that the Microsoft logo does show through.

My other case is aTudia TPU case

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-Mat...pUvbUpU3349342

This case is also a very nice looking case. It does protect the metal ring of the camera better, as it wraps around the edge of it. It is all mat, so it may be slightly less slippery. The only drawback to this case is that the buttons are covered. Though it makes that edge of the case stronger, it is tough to find the buttons because of the close placement of the power and volumef buttons. It looks very nice on the phone, but seems to hide the sleekness of the phone.

My ideal case would be one that combines the qualities of both of these cases..the transparent and sleek look. along with the exposed buttons of the Kugi case, with the better protection of the camera ring of the Tudia case. For now, I am using the Kugi case because I like how it is a lot easier to turn the phone on, something that could change if they ever enable double tap to wake up. and because it makes the phone look a lot slicker. If protection is your number one need, the Tudia case maybe better.
    12-20-2015 04:27 AM
    12-20-2015 11:00 AM
539 ... 89101112 ...