09-30-2017 08:36 AM
539 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Here's a cautionary tale. I picked up this piece of gusa to have ready for day one (while I wait patiently for the Mozo wallet case to ship):
    Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Luxury PU Leather Case Flip Cover with Card Slots & Stand For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's cheap and bulky. I didn't expect much, honestly. But here's the rub... the magnet clasp isn't shielded in any way. So it wiped my debit card.
    Take my inability to buy a latte as fair warning...
    StevoPhilo and GSOgymrat like this.
    12-02-2015 12:14 PM
    OK gang, where do we get USB-C car chargers and extra USB-C wall chargers?
    I purchased the USB Type-C Car Charger-CHOE 30W USB 2.0 to Type C Quick Charge 2.0 Adaptive Fast Car Charger from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...pUvbUpU3321874

It seems to work well.
    12-02-2015 12:27 PM
    Hey There,

is there any protective sticker, 3m cover for the back lens?
    12-02-2015 02:40 PM
    Here's a cautionary tale. I picked up this piece of gusa to have ready for day one (while I wait patiently for the Mozo wallet case to ship):
    Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Luxury PU Leather Case Flip Cover with Card Slots & Stand For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's cheap and bulky. I didn't expect much, honestly. But here's the rub... the magnet clasp isn't shielded in any way. So it wiped my debit card.
    Take my inability to buy a latte as fair warning...
    looks curiously ALOT like the one i purchased...
    Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, Abacus24-7 Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Leather Lumia 950 XL Flip Cover with Card Holder and Kickstand - Black Flip Case for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Phone [Lumia 950XL case]: Cell Phones & Accessories
    thanks for the warning... will see how to shield or remove that magnet
    occamsmonkey likes this.
    12-02-2015 02:49 PM
    Picked up the Jack Spade black cover from a local Microsoft store. Attachment 117982
    $50!!!!!! No way.
    12-02-2015 03:22 PM
    i have it too and its rather bulky... tempted to just rip the TPU case off of the flip cover and just use the tpu case lol...
    i was also worried about the magnet.. good thing i dont use the card holders
    12-02-2015 04:13 PM
    Picked up the Jack Spade black cover from a local Microsoft store. Attachment 117982
    how does it fit??? super nice looking
    12-02-2015 04:17 PM
    Sigh.... Dropped my phone on pavement the day before my case and screen protector get delivered. Put various knicks in the back cover, and a small crack in the glass on the front. Luckily it didn't shatter and the crack is at the bottom edge not on the screen. Probably post pics tomorrow so people can witness my shame and see how the 950xl fares with chest height drops onto pavement.
    12-03-2015 02:33 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I put a glass screen protector on mine [I likely won't need it due to the GG4 but at the least it retains less oil and smudges than the standard screen], put a cheap rubber case yesterday and was sure to get the warranty from the MS store as soon as possible [Black Friday].
    12-03-2015 05:54 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I put a glass screen protector on mine [I likely won't need it due to the GG4 but at the least it retains less oil and smudges than the standard screen], put a cheap rubber case yesterday and was sure to get the warranty from the MS store as soon as possible [Black Friday].
    Could you give us the name or a link for the tempered glass screen protector you bought. I'm having a hard time finding one that just works.
    You don't have any problem with the proximity sensor ?
    12-03-2015 08:19 AM
    How's the Incipio NGP case that Microsoft sells?
    12-03-2015 09:30 AM
    I got a simple on from Amazon. Not sure if I can recommend it thought. Install was pretty simple but the bottom left edge and top right edge are not completely adhering to the screen. Not sure if the issue is the handset screen or the screen protector itself. I may try another at some point. It's enough to be a bit annoying though.
    12-03-2015 09:40 AM
    I got a simple on from Amazon. Not sure if I can recommend it thought. Install was pretty simple but the bottom left edge and top right edge are not completely adhering to the screen. Not sure if the issue is the handset screen or the screen protector itself. I may try another at some point. It's enough to be a bit annoying though.
    I'm wondering if the production of the phones leaves these parts of glass slightly "warped" where the tempered glass protectors don't fully adhere to the glass. I have gone through three glass screen protectors and after application, the middle looks and feels fantastic, but I have three spots (Sound like the same areas you have) where the protector just doesn't stick to the screen. Doesn't hurt usability, but it doesn't look as "pretty" as I want a new phone to look.
    206Husky likes this.
    12-03-2015 10:02 AM
    Bloomin Mozo cases are like Hen's teeth in the UK. Looks like i will be going bareback for a while!!
    Muessig likes this.
    12-03-2015 10:04 AM
    Can anyone with the Incipio tempered glass screen protector confirm whether there's a cutout for the infrared light (and whether it's necessary for Windows Hello)?
    12-03-2015 12:23 PM
    Yes, it is cut out.
    ceraf likes this.
    12-03-2015 12:32 PM
    Doesn't hurt usability, but it doesn't look as "pretty" as I want a new phone to look.
    Same here. I got a two pack protector from Amazon. The first one I slightly damaged, causing it not to stick on the bottom right, but both aren't sticking to the top left or bottom left. And to make matters worse, I applied the second one slightly crooked. I'm sticking with it for now, and guessing I won't notice it after about a week.
    NYCMetsPDX likes this.
    12-03-2015 12:34 PM
    I bought my glass tempered on Amazon and it works perfect for my wife also its very easy to apply on. Sorry they required 10 posts in order to post link I'm not there yet but if you search: icarez glass tempered screen protector for Lumia 950xl ( it s in a red box) you should be able to check it out.
    NYCMetsPDX likes this.
    12-03-2015 01:00 PM
    Man I like the look of the Mozo covers, but i really just want polycarbonate back, not leather. Give me orange or yellow, like the 640 or 1020 colors and id be set!
    Really would like a flat yellow with Windows logo on the back.
    12-03-2015 06:07 PM
    Sigh.... Dropped my phone on pavement the day before my case and screen protector get delivered. Put various knicks in the back cover, and a small crack in the glass on the front. Luckily it didn't shatter and the crack is at the bottom edge not on the screen. Probably post pics tomorrow so people can witness my shame and see how the 950xl fares with chest height drops onto pavement.
    Did you have MS Complete on it?
    12-04-2015 12:51 PM
    Tempered glass screen protectors for this beast, with shipping to EU any recommendations?
    On Amazon/Ebay I can only find those 1 ones from China and I don't want to wait so long for something that will probably not even work properly.
    12-04-2015 01:02 PM
    Just got my case and screen protector last night from Amazon.

I am extremely pleased with what I bought. I prefer the thin TPU style cases that protect without added heft or bulk.

My case was KuGi TPU case. I bought white but its really clear with a whiteish cast.
    The case looks great and is very light. For $6.50 I am extremely pleased with it.
    I really like that it ever so slightly wraps around the front creating a very small lip. This protects the edges of the phone completely and also protects the screen allowing you to place the phone face down without it touching.
    Fitment is perfect, as Ace Ventura would say "Like a glove!".
    Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NC2HSK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

For the screen protector I bought something called Mr. Shield.
    Supposedly it was supposed to be better than tempered glass.
    The screen protector came in a little warped and I was afraid it would not go on the phone correctly, but it went on just fine.
    Installation was a breeze, bubbles came out with little effort, and the protector fitment was good.
    Clarity is pretty good but there is some minor distortion across the top if you hold it in the sun just right.
    The bottom left corner had a small imperfection in it but that part is where the bezel is so you never see it when looking at content on screen.
    For whatever reason this product is no longer available.
    Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014SJ9RHU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    jmajid and anthonyng like this.
    12-04-2015 01:11 PM
    Does anyone by any chance know a store that sells the Mozo covers and ships to Serbia? Their official store doesn't say anything about shipping to my country. Thanks!
    12-05-2015 07:17 AM
    They are based in Europe so I think it would be safe to assume it will ship to Serbia!
    12-05-2015 10:23 AM

That is the same for me with
    the 9H glass....
    12-05-2015 01:44 PM
539 ... 34567 ...