Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

chadknc

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
What screen protectors are working with the 950XL?

I did the bundle at the Microsoft Store but they couldn't get the screen protector to adhere properly.

Anyone have success with one?

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone found a cheap source for USB type c 3.1 to type b cables? I need at least 3.... Work/Car/Travel :(
My usual sources amzn and monoprice arnt really cheap or are quite lacking.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone found a cheap source for USB type c 3.1 to type b cables? I need at least 3.... Work/Car/Travel :(
My usual sources amzn and monoprice arnt really cheap or are quite lacking.

i'm guessing you mean Type C 3.1 to Type A? (not type B)
Type A is the standard USB port you see on almost every USB charger and all desktops/laptops that support USB 2.x and 1.x
Also, you should try to get USB Type C 3.1 to USB 3 Type A (with the blue insert)

EDIT: adding link to this...
http://www.windowscentral.com/prep-lumia-950-lumia-950-xl-usb-type-c

Last edited:

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I did the bundle at the Microsoft Store but they couldn't get the screen protector to adhere properly.

Hmm, that's not good. That's an expensive tempered glass one as well, correct?

I got this one, it comes in a two pack, so you get two shots at putting it on: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft Lum...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3320323

I've never had a tempered glass screen protector before, and it is noticeably thick, still getting used to it.

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Bought this case. The photo shown is a good representation of the color on a black phone. Fits very well. One nice feature is that the volume up/down bottons are bit higher than the power button, so it is easier to find the power button by feel
Mint green case

I have this belt clip. With the case above on, it is a snug fit, but too much so - the phone will not fall out if you turn it upside-down. I was hesitant because of the magnetic clasp (magnetic clasps used to muck up the L920's magnetometer, but no issue for the L950)
Belt clip

Purchased this USB C OTG cable. Really nice, this one is getting lots of use already
OTG cable

For cables I decided to consider only those that Benson Leung @ Google likes. The Cambond 1 ft cable is really nice for car charging (I hate a meter of wire dangling around while I drive). Unfortunately it is sold out (I literally bought the last one!)
Cambon 1 ft cable

Anker 3m USB C cable

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to mention this here (in case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere): I bought both the Mozo replacement cover and the Jack Spade case (@ MicrosoftStore). They aren't compatible. The Mozo cover is just large enough that it prevents the Jack spade case from fitting correctly. I was hoping they'd work together, but it seems like I'll be alternating between them depending on the situation.

I'm now thinking of going Mozo cover and a sleeve of some sort.

I'm not understanding why you would want to cover the Mozo cover with a Jack Spade case. Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

I actually got on this thread to see if I was the only one having issues with this product (Incipio 950xl Tempered Glass Screen Protector). I had three different ones installed at the MS store by two different associates and myself and always had bubbles in the corners of the screen, no dust under screen, just areas that wouldn't stick to the screen. I installed them on different days to see if the bubbles would work their way out, but no dice. Huge thanks to the MS store for letting me try three different protectors, but I can't recommend this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05