Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's a cautionary tale. I picked up this piece of gusa to have ready for day one (while I wait patiently for the Mozo wallet case to ship):
Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Luxury PU Leather Case Flip Cover with Card Slots & Stand For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's cheap and bulky. I didn't expect much, honestly. But here's the rub... the magnet clasp isn't shielded in any way. So it wiped my debit card.
Take my inability to buy a latte as fair warning...

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's a cautionary tale. I picked up this piece of gusa to have ready for day one (while I wait patiently for the Mozo wallet case to ship):
Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Luxury PU Leather Case Flip Cover with Card Slots & Stand For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's cheap and bulky. I didn't expect much, honestly. But here's the rub... the magnet clasp isn't shielded in any way. So it wiped my debit card.
Take my inability to buy a latte as fair warning...

looks curiously ALOT like the one i purchased...
Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, Abacus24-7 Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Leather Lumia 950 XL Flip Cover with Card Holder and Kickstand - Black Flip Case for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Phone [Lumia 950XL case]: Cell Phones & Accessories
thanks for the warning... will see how to shield or remove that magnet

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site

i have it too and its rather bulky... tempted to just rip the TPU case off of the flip cover and just use the tpu case lol...
i was also worried about the magnet.. good thing i dont use the card holders

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Sigh.... Dropped my phone on pavement the day before my case and screen protector get delivered. Put various knicks in the back cover, and a small crack in the glass on the front. Luckily it didn't shatter and the crack is at the bottom edge not on the screen. Probably post pics tomorrow so people can witness my shame and see how the 950xl fares with chest height drops onto pavement.

maximum360

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I put a glass screen protector on mine [I likely won't need it due to the GG4 but at the least it retains less oil and smudges than the standard screen], put a cheap rubber case yesterday and was sure to get the warranty from the MS store as soon as possible [Black Friday].

snoopy1492

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I put a glass screen protector on mine [I likely won't need it due to the GG4 but at the least it retains less oil and smudges than the standard screen], put a cheap rubber case yesterday and was sure to get the warranty from the MS store as soon as possible [Black Friday].

Could you give us the name or a link for the tempered glass screen protector you bought. I'm having a hard time finding one that just works.
You don't have any problem with the proximity sensor ?

maximum360

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a simple on from Amazon. Not sure if I can recommend it thought. Install was pretty simple but the bottom left edge and top right edge are not completely adhering to the screen. Not sure if the issue is the handset screen or the screen protector itself. I may try another at some point. It's enough to be a bit annoying though.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I got a simple on from Amazon. Not sure if I can recommend it thought. Install was pretty simple but the bottom left edge and top right edge are not completely adhering to the screen. Not sure if the issue is the handset screen or the screen protector itself. I may try another at some point. It's enough to be a bit annoying though.

I'm wondering if the production of the phones leaves these parts of glass slightly "warped" where the tempered glass protectors don't fully adhere to the glass. I have gone through three glass screen protectors and after application, the middle looks and feels fantastic, but I have three spots (Sound like the same areas you have) where the protector just doesn't stick to the screen. Doesn't hurt usability, but it doesn't look as "pretty" as I want a new phone to look.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with the Incipio tempered glass screen protector confirm whether there's a cutout for the infrared light (and whether it's necessary for Windows Hello)?

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't hurt usability, but it doesn't look as "pretty" as I want a new phone to look.
Same here. I got a two pack protector from Amazon. The first one I slightly damaged, causing it not to stick on the bottom right, but both aren't sticking to the top left or bottom left. And to make matters worse, I applied the second one slightly crooked. I'm sticking with it for now, and guessing I won't notice it after about a week.

bicubu

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I bought my glass tempered on Amazon and it works perfect for my wife also its very easy to apply on. Sorry they required 10 posts in order to post link I'm not there yet but if you search: icarez glass tempered screen protector for Lumia 950xl ( it s in a red box) you should be able to check it out.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Sigh.... Dropped my phone on pavement the day before my case and screen protector get delivered. Put various knicks in the back cover, and a small crack in the glass on the front. Luckily it didn't shatter and the crack is at the bottom edge not on the screen. Probably post pics tomorrow so people can witness my shame and see how the 950xl fares with chest height drops onto pavement.

Did you have MS Complete on it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb