Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Tempered glass screen protectors for this beast, with shipping to EU any recommendations?
On Amazon/Ebay I can only find those 1? ones from China and I don't want to wait so long for something that will probably not even work properly.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got my case and screen protector last night from Amazon.

I am extremely pleased with what I bought. I prefer the thin TPU style cases that protect without added heft or bulk.

My case was KuGi TPU case. I bought white but its really clear with a whiteish cast.
The case looks great and is very light. For $6.50 I am extremely pleased with it.
I really like that it ever so slightly wraps around the front creating a very small lip. This protects the edges of the phone completely and also protects the screen allowing you to place the phone face down without it touching.
Fitment is perfect, as Ace Ventura would say "Like a glove!".
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NC2HSK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

For the screen protector I bought something called Mr. Shield.
Supposedly it was supposed to be better than tempered glass.
The screen protector came in a little warped and I was afraid it would not go on the phone correctly, but it went on just fine.
Installation was a breeze, bubbles came out with little effort, and the protector fitment was good.
Clarity is pretty good but there is some minor distortion across the top if you hold it in the sun just right.
The bottom left corner had a small imperfection in it but that part is where the bezel is so you never see it when looking at content on screen.
For whatever reason this product is no longer available.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014SJ9RHU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Milan Secerov

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone by any chance know a store that sells the Mozo covers and ships to Serbia? Their official store doesn't say anything about shipping to my country. Thanks!

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I got a simple on from Amazon. Not sure if I can recommend it thought. Install was pretty simple but the bottom left edge and top right edge are not completely adhering to the screen. Not sure if the issue is the handset screen or the screen protector itself. I may try another at some point. It's enough to be a bit annoying though.

That is the same for me with
the 9H glass....

CraigGB

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey, just wondering if anyone from the UK had any suggestions for a glass screen protector that doesn't cover the proximity sensor, I've seen quite a few suggestions by Americans but they are all only sold in America unfortunately and I can't find them here. problem is currently there is only no name brands that are pretty hit or miss when it comes to what you get, I went for the most expensive one I could find but it covers the proximity sensor so it doesn't work most of the time. :(

any help would be appreciated :)

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a Caseformers Ultra Slim Armor myself as a temp until I settle on a more permanent option. It's cheap but provides a nice fit, finish, and a little extra protection.

I did have the D&P (Official Microsoft 'partner') Ballistics Glass screen protector but the fit just wasn't exact enough to suit my tastes. At nearly $700 for the 950xl I wanted precision fitment and look, so I'm shopping for a better option while keeping faith in the GG4 to hold up to its namesake.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Got the caseformers case for my 950XL Overall, I like it. As other reviews have mentioned the stand isn't particularly robust, but I think it'll stand up to reasonable daily wear and tear. Plus at 10 bucks on Amazon prime, it's cheap to replace. It looks fantastic, already got a few complements in yuppie SF.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I actually got on this thread to see if I was the only one having issues with this product (Incipio 950xl Tempered Glass Screen Protector). I had three different ones installed at the MS store by two different associates and myself and always had bubbles in the corners of the screen, no dust under screen, just areas that wouldn't stick to the screen. I installed them on different days to see if the bubbles would work their way out, but no dice. Huge thanks to the MS store for letting me try three different protectors, but I can't recommend this one.

I also tried several different protectors and had tthe same issue. The phone glass may be slightly warped.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Got the caseformers case for my 950XL Overall, I like it. As other reviews have mentioned the stand isn't particularly robust, but I think it'll stand up to reasonable daily wear and tear. Plus at 10 bucks on Amazon prime, it's cheap to replace. It looks fantastic, already got a few complements in yuppie SF.

which color did you get?
does it actually wrap around to the front of the screen or corners to give them some protection? perhaps a lip?
cant tell from the amazon pictures...

AceLimbu

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Bought 2 cases for less then ?4, one in brown and one in black. As i aint a big fan of carrying wallet, these cases are mint and cheap :) from amazon well its called NOKIA LUMIA 950 XL - GBOS? (Yeah the seller made a mistake with the branding, but just got them and they are good)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sigh.... Dropped my phone on pavement the day before my case and screen protector get delivered. Put various knicks in the back cover, and a small crack in the glass on the front. Luckily it didn't shatter and the crack is at the bottom edge not on the screen. Probably post pics tomorrow so people can witness my shame and see how the 950xl fares with chest height drops onto pavement.

Feel your pain! xmas party last week and I don't remember how it happened but some dented corners and light damage to glass corners... also circular light scratches on screen if you look at angles. Oh well. I'm always cursed like this and I always avoid putting more protection! hmmmm I'm not learning!!! lol

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a red flip case and a white leather back coming from mozo hopefully sooner than later

Don't know what's going on at Mozo? Ordered my case 3 weeks ago told it should ship on the 14 but not holding my breath.Are they struggling with demand or just not capable of manufacturing more then a few cases a week who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss