Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

IANOR

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Does a mozo cover have smoother buttons, than the stock back cover on the 950xl?
I find the sharp edged buttons really annoying... and of course the crackling on almost all edges and sides of the stock cover. I really hope a mozo will be better?

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Does a mozo cover have smoother buttons, than the stock back cover on the 950xl?
I find the sharp edged buttons really annoying... and of course the crackling on almost all edges and sides of the stock cover. I really hope a mozo will be better?

Crackling? Haven't experienced this on my stock case.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
No crackling here either on the stock (white) case.

Jason Siva

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Orzly?

They've got a nice range of cases and accessories. I'll post them up on a separate thread later today. You should add them to the original list.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Orzly?

They've got a nice range of cases and accessories. I'll post them up on a separate thread later today. You should add them to the original list.

I just bought the ORZLY fusion bumper for 950 XL myself (Amazon UK, only ?10) though I still havent received the phone yet LOL. It feels surprisingly solid and sturdy. I bought that instead of other cases mainly because it has raised lip on the front part which you can safely place the phone face down. I hate using a screen protector.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just bought the ORZLY fusion bumper for 950 XL myself (Amazon UK, only ?10) though I still havent received the phone yet LOL. It feels surprisingly solid and sturdy. I bought that instead of other cases mainly because it has raised lip on the front part which you can safely place the phone face down. I hate using a screen protector.
Same here, also no phone, I wanted something minimal but still offers some protection whilst not hiding the phone

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like that it ever so slightly wraps around the front creating a very small lip. This protects the edges of the phone completely and also protects the screen allowing you to place the phone face down without it touching.

Does it sit above the camera on the back to keep the camera glass when sitting down? I would assume so, but am curious. Thx!

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Review: StilGut Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Before I begin let me explain why I wanted to create this thread.

I've had my 950XL since release date here in the UK and wanted to buy a (glass) screen protector to protect it. Since it was a new device and no one reviewed any screen protectors I had to pick one I thought would do it's job. I wanted to base it on other reviews too but couldn't find none for the StilGut screen protectors, so I took a bit of a gamble.

So here I am today. I have had my screen protector for a few days. Paid around ?20 for it from Amazon and I'm loving it!

The box looks great and very professional. In the box you receive pretty much 2 sets of everything. Yes, you get two screen protectors, essentially making each one ?10, which isn't bad. You get the protectors, alcohol wipes and non alcohol wipes, as well as the StilGut branded cleaning cloth.

The installation was really easy. I've managed to apply the screen protector without any issues, no bubbles, marks or anything trapped underneath. It took literally 5 minutes (including cleaning the screen a dozen times).

The screen feels great, like it's not on and it doesn't seem to be attracting any fingerprints, which is always good. I'd say it's almost a perfect fit, as good as you can get really. It covers around 99% of the screen and has cut outs for the camera, mic and the area where the Microsoft logo is. The front camera still takes great pictures, people can still hear me on phone calls and the Iris scanner works great.

Now, since I haven't dropped my phone I can't comment whether the protector will actually protect it but it hasn't got any scratches from a few days of using it. All in all I would recommend it.

I will however be trying other protectors once I've used both the StilGut ones. And I'll post reviews of them too.

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Review: StilGut Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Before I begin let me explain why I wanted to create this thread.

I've had my 950XL since release date here in the UK and wanted to buy a (glass) screen protector to protect it. Since it was a new device and no one reviewed any screen protectors I had to pick one I thought would do it's job. I wanted to base it on other reviews too but couldn't find none for the StilGut screen protectors, so I took a bit of a gamble.

So here I am today. I have had my screen protector for a few days. Paid around ?20 for it from Amazon and I'm loving it!

The box looks great and very professional. In the box you receive pretty much 2 sets of everything. Yes, you get two screen protectors, essentially making each one ?10, which isn't bad. You get the protectors, alcohol wipes and non alcohol wipes, as well as the StilGut branded cleaning cloth.

The installation was really easy. I've managed to apply the screen protector without any issues, no bubbles, marks or anything trapped underneath. It took literally 5 minutes (including cleaning the screen a dozen times).

The screen feels great, like it's not on and it doesn't seem to be attracting any fingerprints, which is always good. I'd say it's almost a perfect fit, as good as you can get really. It covers around 99% of the screen and has cut outs for the camera, mic and the area where the Microsoft logo is. The front camera still takes great pictures, people can still hear me on phone calls and the Iris scanner works great.

Now, since I haven't dropped my phone I can't comment whether the protector will actually protect it but it hasn't got any scratches from a few days of using it. All in all I would recommend it.

I will however be trying other protectors once I've used both the StilGut ones. And I'll post reviews of them too.

Are these the screen protectors you are taking about?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3337695

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Its been a while since I put a case on a Nokia phone, (yes I know this is a MS Lumia, but I believe this is the last Nokia designed device??)

So I got some questions before I make my purchase/ or get MS Complete:
I'm looking at this Incipio case

1. Can anyone share their thoughts on the incipio Case on the 950xl?
  2. How much thickness does it add?
  3. Dunno what Flex[SUB]2[/SUB]0 polymer is, but I assume its another blend of silicone??
  4. Does the soft silicone actually work as shock dampers?
  5. How does it feel compared to the PC case of the 950xl?
  6. What kind of wear/tear can I expect on the silicone?
  7. Does the Silicone leave any residue when you remove the case? Any adhesive on the inside?
  8. Did they add any stiff members in the case or is the entire thing soft silicone?
  9. Is the entire outer surface free of split lines? (the extra material left over when the mold that makes the part doesn't seal properly)
  10. Does the silicone make the buttons harder to press?

I'm also thinking about getting a tempered glass shield installed
  1. Does the bonding with the tempered glass actually provide any support in strengthening the screen from impacts?
  2. Any recommendations?
  3. I found one that is 0.2mm thick link
  4. Any one got that one? How does the surface of the glass feel? Does it cover Windows Hello's LED? Where does the top edge of the glass end with respect to the infrared LED?
  5. Does the edges of the glass have fillets to prevent getting caught on stuff?
  6. I'm a little weary about the small loop back section near the selfie camera. Seems like it would peel easily.

Heh, thanks in advance for your time. Sorry for all these questions, but as a mech engineer that work with these materials, I have a lot of questions and see things that I would have done differently...:sweaty:

Last edited:

Ajay Desai

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
which color did you get?
does it actually wrap around to the front of the screen or corners to give them some protection? perhaps a lip?
cant tell from the amazon pictures...

Sorry for the late reply, I got the Cement Gray, it looks great! I think it might look better on a black Lumia than the white, but the contrast is so precision, I really have no complaints. As for the lip, it has a great over edge lip, completely protects the display, and allows you to put the phone face down with no fear of scratches.

One thing I will add, is that the case fits extremely tight, infact, I cannot take the case off without the back cover of the Lumia coming off as well! It's not a big deal, as once the case is off you have the flexibility to pull the cover off. There is no "scary feeling" of almost breaking something when pulling the cover off.

IANOR

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site

Anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb