Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
So the iDOO Qi Wireless Charger Stand hits the 950XL receiver dead on??? I had to do the base modification which sets the phone on its side for my Nokia DT910 to make it work with my 640XL and really don't like having it lying on its side especially with glance screen on night mode or when the alarm goes off..
Edited: decided to just order it, good reviews and seems it works with all large phones like the XLs.. Amazon offers it a couple $$ cheaper directly from iDoo.
http://www.amazon.com/3-coils-Foldi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3347272

Captpt: I have used this charger with 4 different cases (2-TPU, 1-wallet style case, 1-OtterBox on my old 920) and all were recognized by the Idoo. I was also able to put the 950XL in landscape mode, and it seemed to be detected easily (I forget what case was on it at the time, probably one of the TPUs). I like the way: it holds the phone; adjusts to the users desired/comfort angle; is easy to fold and pack, if you want to take it with you for travel. So far, this charger is the best 950XL accessory I have purchased for the 950XL, with the TruShield coming in at a close second.

GD88

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the Black Mozo replacement back for 950XL two days now...works fine and looks great. Well worth the wait from Mobile Fun.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
So far, this charger is the best 950XL accessory I have purchased for the 950XL, with the TruShield coming in at a close second.
You did seem extremely pleased with it which totally helped with my decision to not wait for a reply..
Thank you for the heads up on the charger, its does look to be super versatile!!! It took a lot of willpower not to plop a extra $10 down for one day shipping though lol..

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It took a lot of willpower not to plop a extra $10 down for one day shipping though lol..

I know that feeling ;^)

I did notice something yesterday. I have an old fatboy pillow charger downstairs, and when I removed the 950XL from it yesterday morning, my charge was only showing 32%, (after sitting on the charger all night) which was odd...because usually if it is not seated correctly, it will chime almost incessantly, and the phone was hot as hell when I removed it. When I took the phone upstairs and placed it on the Idoo it registered a connection immediately, but also seemed to charge at a slower rate than it had been. I attributed it to the Phone doing another battery adjustment, and not to either charger, I could be wrong on that assumption - but due to the past characteristic, I am probably more right, than wrong on this one...or, impatient...or, both (probably the latter:)

So I am running a test on the IDoo right now. At 2:54pm the charge read: 81 percent, it is now 3:10, and the charge reads 87 percent.

When you receive your unit and have played with it a little, let me know what you think.

Cheers!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah know...overall I am pretty friggin happy with what I have, and what's to come with this phone, BUT....

I wish that some smart entrepreneur would develop a COOL, BUNDLE, that consisted of: a Back replacement case, that would allow you to open a section (without have to remove the back itself) that gave you access to the Battery compartment, a replacement battery, and mini battery charging cradle with a usb connector. Allowing you to charge your phone and the extra battery at night, and switch the battery mid-day (when needed) without any effort.

When I go to China, I use my phone as a camera, almost all day, and I am ALWAYS looking for a quick battery boost. 2 years ago (I was using the 920) I saw my driver for the day, remove the back of this phone and switch out batteries (I was soooo envious). I have an external battery now, but it is heavy....it would be awesome if that option was made available - I mean hell, I'm looking for a new back anyway :^)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I know that feeling ;^)

I did notice something yesterday. I have an old fatboy pillow charger downstairs, and when I removed the 950XL from it yesterday morning, my charge was only showing 32%, (after sitting on the charger all night) which was odd...because usually if it is not seated correctly, it will chime almost incessantly, and the phone was hot as hell when I removed it. When I took the phone upstairs and placed it on the Idoo it registered a connection immediately, but also seemed to charge at a slower rate than it had been. I attributed it to the Phone doing another battery adjustment, and not to either charger, I could be wrong on that assumption - but due to the past characteristic, I am probably more right, than wrong on this one...or, impatient...or, both (probably the latter:)
So I am running a test on the IDoo right now. At 2:54pm the charge read: 81 percent, it is now 3:10, and the charge reads 87 percent.s!

Hopefully the pillow didn't overcook or damage the phones charging receiver??

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have purchased 2 TPU cases for my 950XL. Here are my comments on them:

Kugi Blue TPU case

http://www.amazon.com/Lumia-quality...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3349342

This case looks really sleek on my black 950XL, much nicer than the pictures online. I like that the buttons are exposed, as they are much easier to find and press than on a case that covers the buttons, especially because of the close placement of the on/off button and the volume buttons.The tradeoff is that the outside metal ring of the camera is a little more exposed on this case, though it will keep it from touching anything when placed on a flat surface. Also, because of the cuttout to let the 3 buttons be exposed, the part above them that protects the top edge of the screen is a little weak. The back is matt, while the front and edges are smooth and more transparent, almost giving it a neon look. I have a black phone, which makes the case look a lot darker than the picture, and in my opinion, way nicer than the picture. With the silver buttons and the metal camera ring showing, it looks really sharp, I have to admit. It may be slightly slipperier than my other case. It is transparent enough in the back that the Microsoft logo does show through.

My other case is aTudia TPU case

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-Ma...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3349342

This case is also a very nice looking case. It does protect the metal ring of the camera better, as it wraps around the edge of it. It is all mat, so it may be slightly less slippery. The only drawback to this case is that the buttons are covered. Though it makes that edge of the case stronger, it is tough to find the buttons because of the close placement of the power and volumef buttons. It looks very nice on the phone, but seems to hide the sleekness of the phone.

My ideal case would be one that combines the qualities of both of these cases..the transparent and sleek look. along with the exposed buttons of the Kugi case, with the better protection of the camera ring of the Tudia case. For now, I am using the Kugi case because I like how it is a lot easier to turn the phone on, something that could change if they ever enable double tap to wake up. and because it makes the phone look a lot slicker. If protection is your number one need, the Tudia case maybe better.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Kugi Blue TPU case & Tudia TPU case

Hey robertre,

Just goes to show you that different strokes for different folks:). I assessed the exact same two cases only, just the opposite, because of the same issue, the buttons being covered/uncovered.

The Kugi Blue TPU is sitting by the door with a return lable, waiting for UPS, as I type.

Tudia TPU is not currently on the phone, but I am keeping it for a spare. I have to say that the quality for an inexpensive, slim cover has vastly improved since the time I bought one in 2012. I had settled on a Otterbox back then and have used it until just recently. when I knew I was going to upgrade to the 950XL, I prepped my old 920 for my girlfriend by taking off the Otter and going with a slim silicone/hardback I had on the shelf...I actually loved the lack of bulk going from a Otterbox to a slim case (although the Otterbox protected the heck out of my 920...still looks new:)

So that I don't have to write why I favor the one over the other (laziness:), I will CUT&PASTE a review I gave Amazon on the Tudia:

================

Happy with my purchase!

THE GOOD:
The Case is definitely a good and inexpensive solution to the new 950xl, it immediately improved the feel of my phone, taking away the strong treat of dropping the phone due to the phone's innate slick/slippery finish (I Just knew I would drop the phone sooner, than later - due to the phone's slick finish).

The case added a GREAT deal of protection to the face on the phone (the face is raised slightly by the case), and to the camera's lens on the back (same reason, the case is slightly higher than the lens).

The case is very minimal, and allows it to fit in a new holster I purchased and like, and if the case was bulky at all, it would not have fit in my new holster.

I really, really like the way the case covers the function buttons on the side of the phone - it is ascetically pleasing and helps help dirt out.

THE BAD:
Although I like the fact that the case covers the function buttons on the side (see above for reason why), I do not think the design went far enough for optimum use (definitely not your friend when you're in a hurry, and I am ALWAYS in a hurry!). If the manufacturer would either raise the up/down volume, and power nubs more - or even easier, place a small nipple on the up and down nubs (like on a TV's remote) to provide a "feel" reference. I think a combination of both would be the best solution (raise all the nubs, and place a nipple on volume controls).

THE SUMMARY:
Great inexpensive case and solution with some small inadequacies.

NOTE: I did actually drop my phone, on the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen, during this case's installation, and I am both happy and relieved to say that the fall DID NOT damage my phone - grant it that, the phone probably landed in MY favor, but I sincerely believe that if not for this case I would have most probably incurred some form of damage - but note; it does not provide the protect as; say, an Otter Case, nor is it as bulky neither.

Please excuse all grammatical and spelling mistakes - writing is not my strong suit! ;^)-E-<

================

I too am looking for the idea case FOR ME, I know I will get a incipio $20 at MS store, because it too covers the buttons, but the design of the material over the buttons make them a little easier to distinguish.

I know TWO THINGS FOR SURE:

I hate that the power button is in-between the volume up/down buttons! I just CAN'T seem to master the placement:(
AND, the feel of those same, OEM buttons!

I so impatient, and if I have to think/search were the buttons are...well, it's just no fun.

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you still have the packaging, could you double check? I would like to be sure these are the ones you are using currently.

Sorry for the late reply, been a little busy. I checked on Amazon my order history and it looked the same. As for the packaging, it would tell me anything as they don't display it on the listing.

Edit: Mine's still going strong but just a word of warning the upper part of the the screen, really high has a thin line where it isn't protected. I'm assuming that's to make all the sensors work, which they do. But it's a small-ish line near the top.

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply, been a little busy. I checked on Amazon my order history and it looked the same. As for the packaging, it would tell me anything as they don't display it on the listing.

Edit: Mine's still going strong but just a word of warning the upper part of the the screen, really high has a thin line where it isn't protected. I'm assuming that's to make all the sensors work, which they do. But it's a small-ish line near the top.

I decided to jump and buy one based on your impressions and another user. I had some difficulty putting it on due to some dust. The left corners aren't pressed on fully. Hopefully if I place the phone face down, the weight will secure the protector tightly.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered for $8
Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Clear)

It'll do until more interesting cases come out. I'd go naked but I've learned my lesson. It's a beautiful phone and I hate to cover it up. I love the cliphanger, but would never put one on this phone - just too pretty to muck it up with a hanger, but those things are unbelievable. And they stay ON.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered for $8
Lumia 950 XL Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Clear)

Leslielbk, I've Iooked at this case myself, for the same reason as you (an interim until I find one I feel will work best for me). please let us know what you think of this case when you get it, if you don't care. Myself, I am interested in how easy it is to distinguish between the Pwr and VOL buttons, and ease of use of those buttons with the case attached. Thanks!

Loreto 10

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Spigen is hands down the best case maker. I e-mailed them too and got a reply saying that they were not currently working on a case for the 950/950xl. I think if they are a flooded with e-mails requesting a case..they would make one..So now all you 950/950xl owners you know what you should be doing :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte