Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Get it, soooooo worth it, received mine today, totally transformed the phone.

No more squeaky back cover , which on a ?500 phone is quite frankly disgusting Microsoft!!!!!
A firmer surround in metal with firmer buttons.
And a less slippy leather back that just feels premium in the hand.
The weight of the unit goes up to similar to the 930 but personally it now feels the weight it should for 500 bucks.

So so sooo pleased now with my phone.

Note: many cases if you choose to buy one for when out and about, might not fit, my TUDIA case no longer fits, this is due to the extra silver bezel around the rear camera that the MOZO case now includes over the standard rear case, just don't drop it !

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact case and I have no problem charging my 950 xl.

Hey Winboy, Your exactly correct, mine too.

The first night I was so impressed with the aesthetics, I only did a quick check of my 2 wireless chargers and ALL was well, showing that the phone (950XL) was charging as it should, on both chargers. The next day I was sitting at my desk, were I have a new iDoo wireless charger, and placed it on the charger while I was working on the computer and noticed that it was a little warmer than I remember from the last 2 cases (I think), so I tried to do a little more testing. I put it on the charger for just a couple of minutes, took it off, checked the Battery and had actually lost 1%. So, I did another test (longer, this time) for maybe half hour, and only increased Battery by maybe 3-5% and the case was pretty warm. Ran another test (even longer) couple hours, and made the same observation, seemed to be warm and charging slower. That is when I updated my Post, for I was concerned that I may steer someone wrong, and wanted to make readers aware.

I am so glad for your reply, because I can also confirm that after placing the 950XL on the wireless charger last night with 77%, it was fully charged this morning, AND not warm at all.

For my reference, how do you like the case? I myself find it quite useful.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Talking about the micro sd, have you recorded some 4k videos?

Hey Ronaldme,

Dang good question, I have been so busy that I realized that after reading your question, I didn't really know. So I did some quick tests.

Test 1 - (the very first video with the SD Card) conducted out with Sun low in the sky: aimed toward the WEST (bright due to sun), and quickly started to pan left, to the East. the video on the screen was out-of focus for the most part, the screen had 4 very DISTINCT quadrants (look like patch work), overall: terrible.

Test 2 - conducted INSIDE: awesome, but noticed I had inadvertently given the video recorder and chance to "boot-up" (for a lack of a better term).

Test 3 - back OUTSIDE (again aiming West): Awesome!

Test 4&5 - OUTSIDE : Very impressive, but I did detect the need for the video recorder to load first, a delay of some kind, so it appeared?

Bottom LINE: the SD Card seems to preform as it should (with exception to Video - Test 1, whatever that was????). No complaints with the SD card in any areas (I can say that now, thanks to your question), so far.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
FWIW MobileFun shows the Cognac backs "now shipping".

Unfortunately, my order placed October 16th went from status "paid, pending stock" to "unknown" and no shipping notification. What is wrong with that company?

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey Winboy, Your exactly correct, mine too.

The first night I was so impressed with the aesthetics, I only did a quick check of my 2 wireless chargers and ALL was well, showing that the phone (950XL) was charging as it should, on both chargers. The next day I was sitting at my desk, were I have a new iDoo wireless charger, and placed it on the charger while I was working on the computer and noticed that it was a little warmer than I remember from the last 2 cases (I think), so I tried to do a little more testing. I put it on the charger for just a couple of minutes, took it off, checked the Battery and had actually lost 1%. So, I did another test (longer, this time) for maybe half hour, and only increased Battery by maybe 3-5% and the case was pretty warm. Ran another test (even longer) couple hours, and made the same observation, seemed to be warm and charging slower. That is when I updated my Post, for I was concerned that I may steer someone wrong, and wanted to make readers aware.

I am so glad for your reply, because I can also confirm that after placing the 950XL on the wireless charger last night with 77%, it was fully charged this morning, AND not warm at all.

For my reference, how do you like the case? I myself find it quite useful.

I love it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Heads up for anyone that still wants a Mozo case, the Cognac / Silver XL case is in stock at mobilefun.co.uk again. Get it while it's hot!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll be selling an unopened Mozo Cognac Lumia 950XL back soon. MobileFun finally shipped mine 10 weeks after I ordered it. Unfortunately, I just returned my 950XL. LoL

Maybe MobileFun was trying to look out for me with all the delays.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I'll be selling an unopened Mozo Cognac Lumia 950XL back soon. MobileFun finally shipped mine 10 weeks after I ordered it. Unfortunately, I just returned my 950XL. LoL

Maybe MobileFun was trying to look out for me with all the delays.

HoosierDaddy, what price are you looking for?

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
HoosierDaddy, what price are you looking for?

Would the Cognac back cover be this one?
Mozo Accessories

I would be interested depending on your offer.
Yep, that's the one.

I'll post in the classifieds when it get here. They told me months ago they would ship it DHL express to make up for the delays but they ended up shipping it regular British postal mail so who knows when it'll get here, not that I care much now.

For a local sale, I just want what I paid which was $44.xx. Will obviously want more if shipping. Lets not talk about it in this thread.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yep, that's the one.

I'll post in the classifieds when it get here. They told me months ago they would ship it DHL express to make up for the delays but they ended up shipping it regular British postal mail so who knows when it'll get here, not that I care much now.

For a local sale, I just want what I paid which was $44.xx. Will obviously want more if shipping. Lets not talk about it in this thread.

I'd Like to buy it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
HoosierDaddy,

Like I said, I'd like to buy it - but you might want to get a replacement 950XL first, before you decide anything final?

Dadulka

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of a all metal shell for Lumia 950 (XL)? I don't want to add bulk to a sleek phone (I'd rather take the risk), just change the back cover/battery cover, and keep the original dimensions. A Lumia 950 (XL) with Aluminium all around and back instead of Polycarbonate, especially in some tint/hue of pink or champagne? Anyone else interested in something like that?

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of a all metal shell for Lumia 950 (XL)? I don't want to add bulk to a sleek phone (I'd rather take the risk), just change the back cover/battery cover, and keep the original dimensions. A Lumia 950 (XL) with Aluminium all around and back instead of Polycarbonate, especially in some tint/hue of pink or champagne? Anyone else interested in something like that?

Sorry but I don't want aluminum, it is fragile, exerts a little pressure bending the polycarbonate back cover and try the same with aluminium.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not possible to have a real metal back without some modification to the phone body to change how the backs attach.. Even if it didn't interfere with the signals, the covers come off and on by bending them. That's why the Mozos have a metal looking coating around the edge of the polycarb shell. Someone might make a polycarb back that has the metal look everywhere but nobody is yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire