Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got the red Mozo 950XL back cover yesterday. Question to others that have it:

It appears the power button's height is slightly shorter / more recessed than the volume buttons above and below it (and camera) as you look at the side. Is this intentional for a different tactile experience or did I get a lemon? Quick search through here didn't yield a hit. :) Thanks -

My covers power button is also slightly recessed. I believe that's the design. I like it as it helps to separate the buttons.

gunmetalskyline

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks the Noreve cases for the 950 XL are available for pre-order ,with "deliveries kicking off 1/7" . They have quite the extensive list of nice looking leathers and other materials to customize your rear shell or flip cases with. Sorry if someone already mentioned this.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got the brown Mozo cover, was using the Jack Spade case before. The Mozo case feels very nice I like that the size is reduced compared to the Jack Spade case. Now the phone is back to the thin and sleek form that I prefer.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a nice Mophie charging pack that I use to use with my Lumia 928. I bought this little Micro USB to Type C converter (see link below) and my Mophie works like a champ now with my Lumia 950 XL. It took forever to get over here from China but it was worth the wait.

High Quality USB 3.1 Type C Male to Micro USB Female Converter Micro USB Connector USB C Adapter-in Mobile Phone Cables from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

sph0308,

Looks good. I bought this one a couple of weeks ago,

Amazon.com: TechMatte USB-C to Micro USB Adapter Convert Connector for Nexus 5X 2015, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 2, Upgraded and Approved to Meet USB-C Standard (2-Pack, Black): Computers & Accessories

my looks to cost more and only claims to be micro-USB, not the 3.1 yours claims to be....kudos!

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Ordered leather wallet case for 5 euros including postal fees. Ill give out pictures when it actually arrives, we'll see what it actually looks. :D Ive had good luck so far with my old phone, with the cheap cases that is.

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
So i ordered a case 27th of December and it finally arrived today.

Have to say.. Approx 5 euros incl. Postal , the quality is stunning.. Feels great and looks great in my opinion, only downside is that it doesnt have a magnet flap for some reason..

Here is few pics, one on the right is 5euro case, one on the left is 20 euro case.. Quite the difference, cheaper is far better.

gerryf19

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the following case from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186FNDQI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It comes in a typical plastic case
casebox.jpg

There is a tempered glass screen protector, a clear TPU case, and a real aluminum bumper
openbox.jpg

Once you get the whole thing assembled (a little tricky since the aluminum bumper is pretty rigid), you end up with a overall slim case that seems to offer very good, if not great protection.

Here is the front
front.jpg

Back--a little glossier than I would have preferred
back.jpg

And side
side.jpg

It maintains overall thinness. There is a nice lip that raises the screen off a surface about 3/32 of an inch (a little more than my previous tpu case) to protect the phone glass when laying face down.

The TPU case has raised buttons so that you can actually operate your power, volume and camera keys. The TPU is not very "grippy" (as is the case with a lot of TPU cases) but the aluminum frame has some sharp edges which adds to the "gripability.".

All cut outs are accurate: speakers, headphone and power provide plenty of clearance for accessories and sound.

And while the case adds a little bulk, it does allow for wireless charging with my CHOE Stadium Qi wireless charging pad, so that is a plus.

The case comes with a tempered glass screen protector, but I did not apply it. I've heard too many stories about the glass "lifting" up on the corners, which will drive me crazy. Plus, I have owned an htc arrive, iphone 4, lg g2 and never once scratched my phone face, so I am pretty confident I can maintain the appearance of gorilla glass 4

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the following case from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186FNDQI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It comes in a typical plastic case
View attachment 120618

There is a tempered glass screen protector, a clear TPU case, and a real aluminum bumper
View attachment 120619

Once you get the whole thing assembled (a little tricky since the aluminum bumper is pretty rigid), you end up with a overall slim case that seems to offer very good, if not great protection.

Here is the front
View attachment 120620

Back--a little glossier than I would have preferred
View attachment 120621

And side
View attachment 120622

It maintains overall thinness. There is a nice lip that raises the screen off a surface about 3/32 of an inch (a little more than my previous tpu case) to protect the phone glass when laying face down.

The TPU case has raised buttons so that you can actually operate your power, volume and camera keys. The TPU is not very "grippy" (as is the case with a lot of TPU cases) but the aluminum frame has some sharp edges which adds to the "gripability.".

All cut outs are accurate: speakers, headphone and power provide plenty of clearance for accessories and sound.

And while the case adds a little bulk, it does allow for wireless charging with my CHOE Stadium Qi wireless charging pad, so that is a plus.

The case comes with a tempered glass screen protector, but I did not apply it. I've heard too many stories about the glass "lifting" up on the corners, which will drive me crazy. Plus, I have owned an htc arrive, iphone 4, lg g2 and never once scratched my phone face, so I am pretty confident I can maintain the appearance of gorilla glass 4
Glad you posted this because I ordered the gold version from Amazon a couple of days ago and will arrive next week. Now I wish I had ordered the black one but looking forward to it! If I like it, I will order the black one. Is it hard to put it together?

gerryf19

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Glad you posted this because I ordered the gold version from Amazon a couple of days ago and will arrive next week. Now I wish I had ordered the black one but looking forward to it! If I like it, I will order the black one. Is it hard to put it together?

The metal band does resist you quite a bit. I was reading someone else who had some trouble and I think they put it on wrong. Put it on with the button side first into frame and just slowly work it on and it will go.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The metal band does resist you quite a bit. I was reading someone else who had some trouble and I think they put it on wrong. Put it on with the button side first into frame and just slowly work it on and it will go.

Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Reposting to the correct thread.
I encounter a lot of dirt On the job, spent my summer trying to find a solution for my "mobile" needs.
For the 950XL, I have chosen a semi hard shell PSVita "zipper box".
It is large and bulky, but it fits the phone with whatever low profile case I choose for the phone to wear, plus, several cables, ear buds, and BT devices also fit in the box.
The zipper box fits easily in the front pocket of my cargo pants and Levi jeans.
I realize this is an extreme measure, but using my Sony SBH54 BT HEADSET to issue Voice commands, while listening to music, I have been able to work for several hours without having to remove my phone from my pocket or open the zipper box.
There have been bugs, and it is not perfect yet, but hopefully the device will smooth out by the time my work moves back outside.
Right now I am painting inside, and in one move I got paint on both the front and back of the zipper box, saving my phone, and proving my "use case".
PSVita box inventory: OEM USB to C cable, USB to Micro USB 3" cable, AUX audio cable 3', headphone ext cable 6', wired ear buds, 2 BT devices with ear buds, a tie clip to help with wearing cables, and the phone.
Obviously I do not close the phone glass against anything hard in the box.
The long cables are all coiled neatly and secured with Velcro ties.
The spaghetti looking wires are the BT ear bud wires, the wired ear buds are in the small Zip lock bag.
I had a lot of choices to put inside the box, obviously audio is important to me.Screenshot_2016-01-17-01-47-36_1.jpg

gerryf19

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Case looks nice but the reviews on Amazon has me a bit sceptical. Especially the comments about ever having to remove the aluminum frame.

Oddly, I do not see a comment about removing the metal frame. It is quite a sturdy frame and took some effort to get it on, but I have not encountered any other issues. I wish the tpu gel case were a bit more "tacky" for more grip and a less glossy for fingerprint avoidance, but overall still a pretty decent case.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Oddly, I do not see a comment about removing the metal frame....

Quote from Trinh Le's review on Amazon.com:

"Onto the bad. Let's just say that it is a fingerprint magnet. I spent about five minutes trying to put it on and once everything was finished, I realized that my fingerprint was everywhere on the case. Secondly, this is one of the hardest case to put the 950xl in that I have ever owned. I spent roughly five minutes putting my 950xl in and taking it out just so that I can push in the corners to get it to slide in - forget trying to take it out afterwards which leads to the next flaw. Taking it out is a tad bit tough, probably even tougher than trying to get it in and the aluminum frame is so easy to bend. I literally had to bend the frame back to get it back into shape again because trying to get it out, you have to bend the case a little bit due to how tightly packed it is, in doing so, will cause the metal frame to bend."

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at a LifeProof Universal "Box" but it was too small.
Also checked out a Scuba "Box", too small.
Hoping for some longer Clear Boxes in the near future.

The other problem, clear "Box" covers still shut off the Glance screen as the Proximity sensor is covered.(Helps save battery and screen, as I have Glance set to always on).

If I cannot see the Glance screen anyway, it does not matter if the "Zipper Box" is opaque or clear.

The PSVista case I got at a local game shop, from the discount bin, like new, for $10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb