Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The metal band does resist you quite a bit. I was reading someone else who had some trouble and I think they put it on wrong. Put it on with the button side first into frame and just slowly work it on and it will go.
I got mine today and it was quite easy to install following your tip. I got the gold version and it looks great and adds a premium look to my phone. I ordered 5 different cases for my 950 XL and this one so far is the best, glad I ordered it, I love it! It also arrived earlier than expected.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Quote from Trinh Le's review on Amazon.com:

"Onto the bad. Let's just say that it is a fingerprint magnet. I spent about five minutes trying to put it on and once everything was finished, I realized that my fingerprint was everywhere on the case. Secondly, this is one of the hardest case to put the 950xl in that I have ever owned. I spent roughly five minutes putting my 950xl in and taking it out just so that I can push in the corners to get it to slide in - forget trying to take it out afterwards which leads to the next flaw. Taking it out is a tad bit tough, probably even tougher than trying to get it in and the aluminum frame is so easy to bend. I literally had to bend the frame back to get it back into shape again because trying to get it out, you have to bend the case a little bit due to how tightly packed it is, in doing so, will cause the metal frame to bend."

I got mine today and I had no problem putting it on and no problem taking it off. The metal band is very sturdy which I'm glad that it is. Best case I ordered for my 950 xl and I have 5 different cases and this one looks the best and provides great protection as well.

abrichman

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Just got the red Mozo 950XL back cover yesterday. Question to others that have it:

It appears the power button's height is slightly shorter / more recessed than the volume buttons above and below it (and camera) as you look at the side. Is this intentional for a different tactile experience or did I get a lemon? Quick search through here didn't yield a hit. :) Thanks -

No, you aren't alone. My fit on the power button was initially non-distinct from the others but after 20 hours, it was halfway below the buttons. Now 18 hours later, it's nearly at the surface on the bottom side, a mm up on the upper side. I have contacted them about returning it. Beyond looking bad, it's nearly (already after two days) so low on the lower end to distinguish. The picture is from yesterday when it was still prouder than now.nPd1Ioc.jpg

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone seen a waterproof Otterbox/Lifeproof style 950XL case yet? I've been looking and have yet to find one.

Considering the Lifeproof case for the iPhone 6+ is $66, and then the Glance screen will not come on because the proximity sensor is covered, I am no longer looking at this brand.
I might consider an OtterBox if the sensor is uncovered, but then it wont be waterproof. OtterBox also lets in too much dust, not worth the money.
I would be happy with a thicker rubber and plastic shell case, if it fits in my PSVita zipper box, and is less than $20.

jblanken64

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
Considering the Lifeproof case for the iPhone 6+ is $66, and then the Glance screen will not come on because the proximity sensor is covered, I am no longer looking at this brand.
I might consider an OtterBox if the sensor is uncovered, but then it wont be waterproof. OtterBox also lets in too much dust, not worth the money.
I would be happy with a thicker rubber and plastic shell case, if it fits in my PSVita zipper box, and is less than $20.

If I was able to have a waterproof case in the Otterbox style, I wouldn't care about the proximity sensor. I'd like to be able to use my phone as a GPS on my motorcycle and not worry about the environment. I normally use the phone without a case, but in the instances that I want to really protect it (motorcycling, hiking, etc.), the slight reduction in functionality is a worthwhile tradeoff to me. My kids used Otterboxes for their iPhones and I don't recall them having issues with their proximity sensors. Perhaps they either didn't notice or didn't care. Of course maybe the sensor tech is different between the phones as well.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
If I was able to have a waterproof case in the Otterbox style, I wouldn't care about the proximity sensor. I'd like to be able to use my phone as a GPS on my motorcycle and not worry about the environment. I normally use the phone without a case, but in the instances that I want to really protect it (motorcycling, hiking, etc.), the slight reduction in functionality is a worthwhile tradeoff to me. My kids used Otterboxes for their iPhones and I don't recall them having issues with their proximity sensors. Perhaps they either didn't notice or didn't care. Of course maybe the sensor tech is different between the phones as well.

I think Windows Phone is the only one that uses Glance Screen, and it does not come on if the proximity sensor is covered.

Just seeing this one for the first time.
Amazon.com: Tigra? BikeConsole SMART 5 Waterproof Shock-Protected Universal Smartphone Hard Case Bike Mount Holder, Screens 5.3"-5.9" - HTC, LG, Xperia, Galaxy Note 2/3/4 & more - full list in description: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or maybe this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Bike-Mount-Ho...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3383389

jblanken64

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I think Windows Phone is the only one that uses Glance Screen, and it does not come on if the proximity sensor is covered.

Just seeing this one for the first time.

Tigra link omitted

Or maybe this one?
Zipper case link omitted.

You're right. WP is the only phone with a glance screen. Others use proximity sensors to turn the screen off when you put it to your ear, or remove it from your ear, or to detect whether or not to register touches when you have it at your ear.

The Tigra case you cited above looks interesting. I had not seen that one before (and I've done a ton of searching). The challenge is finding a proper mounting interface.

The zipper case may be ok in some cases, but I'd worry about overall ruggedness.

Thanks for the links.

Joey.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the Mozo black leather back on my L950XL and im wondering if anybody knows if theres a case that would fit over it?

It would need to be quick and easy to get on and off. As I will only be using it in my car for mounting while driving. I plan to adheive the Steelie magnetic phone socket to the case to attach it to the exsisting Steelie ball mount in my car.

https://www.niteize.com/product/Steelie-Car-Mount-Kit.asp

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my 950XL from local brick & mortar MS Store yesterday. Ordered this from Amazon. Need something rugged with good protection with a kickstand for when watching vids.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3384800

71Pp1Eg5byL._SL1500_.jpg

EDIT: Just got this case. It's actually pretty good. The orange piece is made of hard rubber, not the soft rubber I was expecting, but it works. Requires a bit more force to activate the buttons. Bonus: It made the polycarbonate OEM case stop creaking. Now to check if there are any other cool rugged cases.....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos