Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I am pulling the trigger soon for a 950 xl but I am having an issue trying to find a vertical holster case for it, I found one but am wondering if anyone has any experience with any holsters themselves to help me find one. I appreciate any help.

Later

I found one today at O'Reilly Auto Parts store. I went there with a friend and looked around while they got the parts they needed.
$21.26 after tax.
Swivel mount, with a "locking" belt clip.
Semi hard vs soft sided.
Magnetic closure with an extra buckle strap over the closure. The buckle is metal and jingles slighly.
"Tough Tested" is the brand. Nylon material.
Has plenty of room, would easily fit a 6" screen with an Otterbox.
Has an inside long elastic pocket for cards cash etc.
Cons, the top buckle strap is nylon, but the bottom is elastic and more prone to wear.
There are large holes on all the corners and another at the center bottom where the buckle strap is. This pouch will not protect from the elements or a cup of coffee.
But I figured for the few times I am not wearing work pants, and don't want the bulky zipper box, this seems like a worthy useful pouch.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am pulling the trigger soon for a 950 xl but I am having an issue trying to find a vertical holster case for it, I found one but am wondering if anyone has any experience with any holsters themselves to help me find one. I appreciate any help.

Later

I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3625145
with a Fosman case on the Lumia 950XL. It's a snug fit with the case - expanded the holster slightly when I got it, by stuffing it, and hairdrying it.
Got it for half that price, worth it to me.
Plastic swivel clip, appears sturdy, had it for 2 months, use it ~~ 3x week.

Searched Amazon for popular larger phone (iPhone7 plus, Galaxy Note 7, etc.) holsters, until I found what I wanted.

NirosNasaro

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've owned 2 Mozo leather covers so far, the brown cognac ones, the leather ages very nicely and it gets darker, which I like... But I'm having problems with the lock button sinking in.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Do these cases effect the NFC in the back? Is it still usable?
Don't know which of the many case backs you are refering to but some case backs come with the NFC and/or wireless charging and some don't. I believe the Mozos all do. I asked an eBay seller who listed a cover without NFC/charging if (s)he also had it with those features and the answer was yes for just a few dollars more. Don't remember exactly but I think it was $3 extra. So the price difference isn't great between with or without. It seems to be harder to find ones with those probably because a lot of buyers go by price alone.

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to the cases posted above ours, the imak-hk. Thanks for your reply.

I know some of the Mozo's do. I have the notebook case from them. Not really too happy about it, especially for the price. I don't care for it flipping down instead of from the side, no hole at the bottom for the USB-C cable unless you flip it open, and no stand for watching videos.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to the cases posted above ours, the imak-hk. Thanks for your reply.

I know some of the Mozo's do. I have the notebook case from them. Not really too happy about it, especially for the price. I don't care for it flipping down instead of from the side, no hole at the bottom for the USB-C cable unless you flip it open, and no stand for watching videos.
Okay. If you mean the pictures directly above our posts, that picture isn't actually of a case but a replacement back for the phone. The factory back that it replaces contains the NFC and QI. When you remove the factory back, those capabilities go with it. But a replacement back may or may not also have NFC or Qi built in. Only way to know is see a picture of the inside and look at the published specs for the cover.

Also, FWIW, I don't think that back is from IMAK. I haven't seen ANY replacement backs for a 950XL from them, just cases.

Maybe whoever posted the pictures could say what it is and where they bought it, so people can check to see if it includes NFC and/or Qi. Replacement backs are primarily for appearance, if you want extra protection a case is better.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan