Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Some people like their high end flagship to be in a stylish case or cover. Others like it naked. But either way, there's plenty of options. Particularly with the option for removable backs!

Not only that, but continuum opens up a whole slough of options for accessories. Display docks, mouses, keyboards, cables, etc...

What are you equipping your Lumia XL with? And do you have any questions about other accessory options? Pictures are also welcome!

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Requesting: Case and Cover Megathread.

It’s my day off and I’m bored, so I put together a post of covers/cases for the 950XL. I wanted to see if we could start consolidating the posts about covers/cases. I’m sure when it releases we’ll get a sticky, but I wanted to pull together some of the main links that are commonly posted as they relate to the Lumia 950 XL. Cheers.

Lumia 950 XL Cases & Covers
Mozo Accessories (Direct): These are the replacement covers that have been getting the most pub largely because Mozo appears to be the only game in town for replacement covers
MobileFun.com (posted/referenced in multiple previous threads by me and others)
MobileFun.com (e-tailer, multiple cases) (too many to list, They have repeatedly delayed the due dates on the Mozo covers—likely because Mozo is so heavily backlogged that shipments are slow going).

Amazon: (too many to really list. A lot of cheap-looking crap and some functional looking cases as well)
  • Phone Wallet REY+ /G1742 (this is a really nice wallet case that should fit the 950XL without issue). Golla doesn’t ship to North America (indicated on their website, plus I emailed to ask), but if you’re in the EU or have a friend who can ship one, I’d consider it).
Tetded.com

Incipio Cases:
I emailed Incipio and received this reply:
Hello XXXX,
Thank you for your email.
We are working on a case for this device, we will hopefully launch during the Holiday Season. Keep an eye on our website for product updates. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Kind Regards,
Linda | Customer Service Team
Incipio | BRAVEN | TAVIK | IGO

Spigen Cases: (Nada. This is just extra “FYI” stuff)
I emailed Spigen and got this reply:
Dear XXXYYY,
Please know that we currently are not looking into production of products for the Microsoft Lumia 950 or 950XL at this time.
However, we will definitely consider your interest! Thank you for that suggestion.
Thanks again for choosing Spigen,
Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions.
Best Regards,
Diana

Last edited:

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Requesting: Case and Cover Megathread.

I ordered a Mozo red leather back cover for the 950xl from Mobilefun on Wed morning 11/18 and received an email that it had shipped about 30 hours after placing the order.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I ordered a Mozo red leather back cover for the 950xl from Mobilefun on Wed morning 11/18 and received an email that it had shipped about 30 hours after placing the order.
Pictures when it get there, please!

Now if they would just get the Cognac back I've had on order from them for 5 weeks! They confirmed via email on the day of order, mine would be from their first shipment. I'm guessing since the red ones have gotten less press and such, Mozo is having an easier time fulfilling the initial orders. Or red cows are more plentiful.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to see if we could start consolidating the posts about covers/cases. I’m sure when it releases we’ll get a sticky

We were waiting for the release, correct.

Great 1st reply for the newly stuck thread so here we are all premature like. :winktongue:

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Now if they would just get the Cognac back I've had on order from them for 5 weeks! They confirmed via email on the day of order, mine would be from their first shipment. I'm guessing since the red ones have gotten less press and such, Mozo is having an easier time fulfilling the initial orders. Or red cows are more plentiful.

Good for me that not many people looking for Badger Red.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone other than Mozo started making back covers for the lumias yet?
I haven't seen any. Looking for others myself so can change the look.

A related thing I would like to know is how easy is it to remove the NFC and Qi stuff from the factory backs? If moving them to a new back is something most owners can do, it will mean an explosion of alternative backs because they will be cheap. If it's too hard for most, there won''t be so many choices because the cost of the backs will be much higher if they have to come with their own Qi and NFC stuff.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Hoosier, they didn't even have the red listed until November 10,(only white. Black &Cognac), I know because i wrote them inquiring on the 9th.. I changed my mind and went for the black and ordered it last weekend and your order has been in for 5 weeks, the site has gone from saying any of them are "Due in 1-2 weeks" to "Available for pre-order" ??? Something seems off here??

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Hoosier, they didn't even have the red listed until November 10,(only white. Black &Cognac), I know because i wrote them inquiring on the 9th.. I changed my mind and went for the black and ordered it last weekend and your order has been in for 5 weeks, the site has gone from saying any of them are "Due in 1-2 weeks" to "Available for pre-order" ??? Something seems off here??
When I ordered it showed 2 weeks 'till in stock. Then when that ticked down to zero, they sent an email apologizing for a delay but no explanation. The next day it was back to 2 weeks. That ticked down to zero with regular updates along the way and another email and another reset to 2 weeks. Then a day or 2 later it changed to 2 days. Another few days it said 2 weeks again. I'm going to ask them Monday what's going on.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

I also ordered a "cognac" case from Mozo over 5 weeks ago. After their twitter account went silent for 5 weeks I got worried.

I never even received an invoice from them, but they did charge my card immediately. Only after emailing them a few days ago did I get a response and an invoice. They said they would "resend" the invoice (they never sent it the first time), when I received it, it was clear that my order was just placed because it had that days date on it. It shipped the next day. A day or two after that, I emailed them again asking for shipment info to which they finally sent me the tracking number.

It should be here on Monday, but it was like pulling teeth. I won't be doing business with them again.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Something just seems strange, I did email them Friday asking about the changes in 1-2 weeks then pre-order status plus why they charged my paypal when 1st they haven't shipped it and 2nd they don't even have them and chanced the status from when they expect to have them and all I got back was a apology and asked if I wanted to cancel my order???

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Something just seems strange, I did email them Friday asking about the changes in 1-2 weeks then pre-order status plus why they charged my paypal when 1st they haven't shipped it and 2nd they don't even have them and chanced the status from when they expect to have them and all I got back was a apology and asked if I wanted to cancel my order???
I hope they aren't rope-a-doping us. They find out Mozo can't deliver so just keep doing this until people give up. But I guess not or they would have also raised the price a bunch to keep from getting more orders. I can't figure it out.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope they aren't rope-a-doping us. They find out Mozo can't deliver so just keep doing this until people give up. But I guess not or they would have also raised the price a bunch to keep from getting more orders. I can't figure it out.

Thought the same thing but they apparently got a shipment in since they shipped David Lohrentz's Red out within 30 hrs of receiving his order, maybe I should have stuck with Red lol...

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
A related thing I would like to know is how easy is it to remove the NFC and Qi stuff from the factory backs? If moving them to a new back is something most owners can do, it will mean an explosion of alternative backs because they will be cheap. If it's too hard for most, there won''t be so many choices because the cost of the backs will be much higher if they have to come with their own Qi and NFC stuff.
The NFC and Qi Charging on stuck to the back plate with industrial stickers. I'm looking for pictures. I know I saw one in a recent review.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The NFC and Qi Charging on stuck to the back plate with industrial stickers. I'm looking for pictures. I know I saw one in a recent review.

Not questioning you at all Musicman but I an surprised they'd use stickers, I would think the constant heating up and cooling day after day during charge cycles would weaken the stickers adhesive?? Never had wireless charging but I've read the conductive properties causes some heating up, some warmer/hotter then others.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That would be great. Aftermarket could mold in minuscule ridges around where each goes so customers put them in the exact right place, including the other charging bits that AT&T uses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism