[Showing Off] My 950 XL Start + Lock Screens

TankWart

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This is my thoughts too. Some of these really are very beautiful start screens, but in my case I would prefer to have the information provided by the live tiles. However, it is nice to have the option to go either way.

-Skippy
Dito. I tried both but ended here:wp_ss_20151206_0004.jpg

Edit:my Lockscreen:wp_ss_20151206_0009.jpg

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
As beautiful all these full screen images with minimal icons in offset positions, I think you are missing the benefits of why windows phones OS is so great: live tiles and quick access to many apps on one screen. You might as well be an android user who does not have this benefit. I would rather categorise my most used apps in folders or in sections and have my screen estate covered in tiles so I can unlock and tap with minimal scrolling or hunting through app list. This is not a bash at the lovely layouts, just I think you are missing out on quick access and glanceable(?) information.

And that's why Windows 10 aims to be the best of both ios and android. It has a lot of customizability right out of the box with no extra installations needed like on android. It has that locked down OS of iOS that helps with security. And I hope it will have the apple software update capabilities where it doesn't require every carrier to roll out on their own time.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Dito. I tried both but ended here:View attachment 118380

Edit:my Lockscreen:View attachment 118386

Nice one.. A couple of questions though:

1) which clock app is it you're using here? And how reliable is it? Most apps I tried always took a couple of seconds to update when returning to the home screen after unlocking the device or closing an app.

2) how the hell did you manage to have data sense show a live tile? Oo Or is this a different app? Neither data sense, nor battery sense or storage sense have live tiles for me on WM10. They do on WP8.1 of course.

TankWart

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Nice one.. A couple of questions though:

1) which clock app is it you're using here? And how reliable is it? Most apps I tried always took a couple of seconds to update when returning to the home screen after unlocking the device or closing an app..

It is called "Clock Tile DIY" and works quite fast, although I have seen a blank tile before. Most of the time it updates in the first second.

2) how the hell did you manage to have data sense show a live tile? Oo Or is this a different app? Neither data sense, nor battery sense or storage sense have live tiles for me on WM10. They do on WP8.1 of course.
You can long-click on Data-Sense in the settings and pin it to the startscreen. I struggled with this as well....

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It is called "Clock Tile DIY" and works quite fast, although I have seen a blank tile before. Most of the time it updates in the first second.

Thanks, I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

You can long-click on Data-Sense in the settings and pin it to the startscreen. I struggled with this as well....

That's what I did with all the sense apps. But none of them was showing a live tile. Did you try battery sense and storage sense as well?

[Edit]

Just noticed that I had to setup limits for data sense in order to get the live tile working. So this one's sorted now. Battery Sense and Storage Sense are still static tiles with links to the according settings though.

TankWart

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed that I had to setup limits for data sense in order to get the live tile working. So this one's sorted now. Battery Sense and Storage Sense are still static tiles with links to the according settings though.
Here as well. They may change it later.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20151208_0001.jpg

Very similar to my start screen for my 640 XL. Photo is one I took in Puerto Morelos Mexico about 3 years ago. And I have zero shame in bragging that it's already 70 degrees in my city at 9:30 in the morning in December.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb