02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Anyone else seeing the center button start to sink lower than the two outer buttons? I'm seeing this after 2 weeks of use.
    12-08-2015 08:08 PM
    Anyone else seeing the center button start to sink lower than the two outer buttons? I'm seeing this after 2 weeks of use.
    I got mine yesterday and it came like that. I believe it's designed like that so you can feel the difference between the volume and power. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Just looked on images online and they all seem to be like that. You must have missed it and just noticed now.
    12-08-2015 08:20 PM
    I got mine yesterday and it came like that. I believe it's designed like that so you can feel the difference between the volume and power. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Just looked on images online and they all seem to be like that. You must have missed it and just noticed now.
    Very possible. Just felt lower recently. I'll keep an eye on it.
    12-08-2015 08:23 PM

Very possible. Just felt lower recently. I'll keep an eye on it.
    12-08-2015 08:24 PM
    I didn't see this specifically discussed, so I thought I would bring it up. Mine will overheat or heat significantly (very warm to touch on back and sort of warm on the screen) in the lower left side when its facing me. It will then shut off completely. Let it cool for a few seconds and it turns back on. Still happening after the update today to 10586.29. Prior to today I have done a complete system reset without restoring from backup. Last I checked, I could not reset through the PC recover tool. I can consistently get this to occur by doing heavier and hotter tasks. Like streaming audio while wirelessly charging. Pulling it off the wireless charger and immediately playing a game. (Something as innocuous as Candy Crush.) Extended web browsing with multiple tabs. If there is no heat problem, it does not shut off. I went from Friday afternoon to Monday morning without a shut down. But I was using it lightly all weekend. I discovered what I think is the problem yesterday and have intentionally been trying to tax it. Although its nothing I wouldn't do with my 920. Anyone else having this problem?
    12-08-2015 10:56 PM
    I get that too, it doesn't happen all the time, but seems to linger occasionally after certain things played sound. And the speaker seems to pop at random times.
    It is funny, and still was not solved with the latest Whatsapp update.
    - I noticed that the noise is only happening after listening to an audionote; but only after when I locked the screen.
    Whenever the screen is on, there is no popping noise...

AS for the Whatsapp audio notes... previously I had problems with audionotes. It deepened my voice during recording (whatsapp recorder)
    Now with the update :D I cannot listen my sent audionotes....

btw : Is there anyone who can tell me where, in what path I can check the audionotes?
    12-09-2015 03:11 AM
    I can't update apps, it just says pending...
    12-09-2015 06:32 AM
    I had a nightmare pairing the 950 XL with my Ford car stereo. Only way I could make it work was force a wrong pin into the phone then a new pin would appear and work. No idea if it was the phones fault or the 5 year old stereo.
    Same here, had to put a random pin in before my ford would show the real one. Seems to be working fine after that, but I have only made a couple of calls, and haven't tried music streaming etc.

EDIT:

I can't get car navigation to work, whenever I try to get car directions in the map app it says it can't find a route. If I then try public transport it finds a route fine. I didn't do a restore just added my MS account. Anyone else had this problem?
    12-09-2015 07:46 AM
    I'm finding that since the latest build .29 my 950xl gets warmer than before. It rarely got warm previously. It's not hot but before I didn't even notice the warmth. Like if I'm playing candy crush soda the phone gets warm, before it was still cool. Going to try a bunch of games to see how it fairs.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-09-2015 08:00 AM
    I have this problem. And worse, playback of music keeps stopping using headphones. Looking at the Equalizer app, I can see that it keeps switching between Speakers and Headphones - which is causing the playback to stop. Basically, I cannot use the phone to play music. Therefore, I will return it.
    12-09-2015 09:24 AM
    Same here, had to put a random pin in before my ford would show the real one. Seems to be working fine after that, but I have only made a couple of calls, and haven't tried music streaming etc.

EDIT:

I can't get car navigation to work, whenever I try to get car directions in the map app it says it can't find a route. If I then try public transport it finds a route fine. I didn't do a restore just added my MS account. Anyone else had this problem?
    I have a 2015 Fiesta with the Ford Sync. Had no problems with it so far, works better than my last car :)

Had a problem with my MS Band pairing at one point, where my Band said it was synced up and my phone said it had failed, but second time was the charm.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:06 AM
    I can't update apps, it just says pending...
    I did it one by one, its like a mini pc. Imagine you downloading 50 apps at a time, it hangs. I think its got to do with internet speed too.
    12-09-2015 06:24 PM
    i tried that already. hopefully this hard reset will do the trick...
    12-09-2015 07:01 PM
    not a bug, but I'd like the choice of setting the lockscreen timeout to 'disabled' be added to the 950 and 950 XL, I had it on the 640 XL and 830. Having Pandora running over Continuum only to be cut off because the phone shuts off after 5 minutes is pretty useless.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-09-2015 07:57 PM
    After I got the new OS update my glance screen will only display in red, regardless of what option I set in the settings.
    12-10-2015 02:57 AM
    First real fault for me on .29... Was wireless charging my phone, sent a text via Cortana on my PC, the phone half woke up (top half of the screen woke up whilst the rest was black), vibrated like mad non-stop for about a minute before restarting its self.. HMM
    12-10-2015 04:55 AM
    On my 950 XL, there are faint bands of what appears to be glue marks visible on the very bottom of the screen (where the on-screen buttons would be). They are only visible when viewed from an angle, and under direct light; it is very difficult to see when the screen is on.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-10-2015 05:35 AM
    Had two issues with the camera over the last two days. Firstly had a 'split screen' effect when recording video. Was also there when I played the video back but thankfully disappeared after a reboot. Secondly, my camera just locked up after taking a photo. The photo never appeared in my camera roll. Had to reboot to get the camera working again.

EDIT: also forgot to say, I can't get my phone to pair with car via Bluetooth at all. It doesn't even find it. My 1020 and 635 both pair fine.
    12-10-2015 09:57 AM
    So my email images started working yesterday.

What did I do to make that happen?? Nothing that I know of.
    12-10-2015 10:49 AM
    My driving directions have started working as well, they didn't after the 29 update, but tried again today and they were working. I don't think maps has updated but I can't see how to check that like you could in 8.1
    12-10-2015 10:50 AM

Outlook update I do believe :)
    TennisGuy45 likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:51 AM
    I've tried every game since I updated the device. Very gpu driven games like asphalt 8, dungeon hunter 5, minion rush and mass effect. None of these games make my unit warm, but for some reason candy crush soda makes it pretty warm, not hot though, but just found it odd given the game. Not even the original candy crush saga does that. My guess is something to do with the application itself. So not going to see this as an issue really. The battery has been lasting pretty long for me even when gaming. Though I think it could last longer. In general .29 is pretty nice and stable and haven't experienced any big problems.

One small issue I have with mail is sometimes when I swipe right to delete it shows "deleted" but the mail still stays there. I think it only happens when I tap a mail notification to open mail. Doesn't happen if I open mail directly.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-10-2015 12:03 PM

We made some updates. :)
    12-10-2015 02:36 PM
    Just picked up my 950 xl and although very excited I think the screen is no good. No matter what I display the screen is brighter one side than the other like on greys left side os bright right side darker grey. Has anyone else had this issue please?
    12-10-2015 03:58 PM
    Just picked up my 950 xl and although very excited I think the screen is no good. No matter what I display the screen is brighter one side than the other like on greys left side os bright right side darker grey. Has anyone else had this issue please?
    Hard reset, if it doesn't fix just return it for a new one.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    12-10-2015 04:48 PM
720 ... 89101112 ...