02-10-2018 01:06 PM
720 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    No problems over here..
    12-30-2015 03:36 PM
    Is it only me..... ?

sometimes I need to close the apps cause the point accuracy is getting weaker... I mean I click on a picture during selection and it opens a totally different one?
    12-31-2015 10:33 AM
    happened to me as well. reset the phone and good to go...
    12-31-2015 10:43 AM
    Is it only me..... ?

sometimes I need to close the apps cause the point accuracy is getting weaker... I mean I click on a picture during selection and it opens a totally different one?
    Zimilaci, I'm not experiencing anything like that (yet!)...but, if I did I would do soft-reset, I'm too cautious to do a hard-rest.

Happy NEW YEAR...CHEERS!
    12-31-2015 10:44 AM
    Zimilaci, I'm not experiencing anything like that (yet!)...but, if I did I would do soft-reset
    If you haven't done it yet be aware that soft reset now forces you to re-enter your MS account password all or most of the time. Luckily I found out at home where I had the password available or would have been very upset. Now I carry it with me on a piece of paper which I would rather not need to. Entering a maximum length random character password is quite time consuming what with switching between alpha and numeric keyboard more than a dozen times, searching for special characters and needing the shift key a lot. I'm guessing I might have 100 taps to enter my password. So having to reenter it after a soft reset and a few other unexpected times with W10 on my 950XL were just more nails in it's coffin.
    12-31-2015 12:22 PM
    If you haven't done it yet be aware that soft reset now forces you to re-enter your MS account password all or most of the time.
    HoosierDaddy,

Soft-reset = HOLD (Volume-up + Power) until reset occurs, correct?

If so, I have not had any problems with the above procedure (yet), BUT, I do have my "Require Sign-In", set to "NEVER", and will keep it that way until MS improves it's usefulness (for me at least).
    12-31-2015 02:04 PM
    It's not bad. Much better than my lumia 830. I listen to Pandora on speaker a lot and that's heavy usage, I think. Early evening it's time to recharge, but I think that's pretty good.
    I am really crabby about a lot of things, but I don't think it's the phone, it's windows 10.
    12-31-2015 02:24 PM
    I click a lot of apps and it quits and returns to the home page. Very frustrating. It happens a lot, and when I'm attaching a pic to a text most of the time.
    Does a hard reset fix this?
    12-31-2015 02:27 PM
    Eye scan keeps switching off after varying amount of times, anyone else ?
    I have to restart the phone to get it back.
    I also loose the screen lighting up with notifications, again until I restart.

This is not very good?

Software bug thing that can be updated ?
    12-31-2015 04:51 PM
    HoosierDaddy,

Soft-reset = HOLD (Volume-up + Power) until reset occurs, correct?

If so, I have not had any problems with the above procedure (yet), BUT, I do have my "Require Sign-In", set to "NEVER", and will keep it that way until MS improves it's usefulness (for me at least).
    Yep. And I also have require sign in set to never. And Hello would only work maybe 1 out of 5 times and never if I left my glasses on. Taking them off for a 1 in 5 chance of working, is worthless.

And I wasn't saying that I had to immediately re-enter my Microsoft account and password after a soft reset but many of the things I use the phone for did trigger a need. Sometimes one of those was the first thing I did after resetting and sometimes it was a little later.

Some apps and features piggyback if you will on the credentials you enter when you set up the phone. Soft reset appears to break that for some. It never happened before WM10 and it was never a problem on WM10 in my 1520 but possibly because I didn't have to soft reset it every few hours like the 950XL required!
    12-31-2015 05:23 PM
    I already posted this in the Ask A Question section but got no Reply so far, so I try my luck here. I have the 10586.29 firmware on my 950 XL: Since yesterday night suddenly the keyboard covers the lover half of the screen and input fields of any app (Whatsapp, Messages, Edge, proprietary eMail) are not displayed above anymore. If the app positions the input field at the bottom of the screen I can see a glimpse though the gaps between the letter fields apart from that I am typing blindly. I tried rebooting twice and also all keyboard sizes. Any way to change this back to normal?
    01-01-2016 10:31 AM
    HoosierDaddy,

No... I have nothing like that (that I have noticed) when I've done the periodic soft-reset.

For what it's worth:

I have noticed, what appears to be a lot of "behind the scenes" activity, NOTHING I can put a finger on - just tell tale signs (gremlins and breadcrumbs). I, myself see things working great, then out of nowhere stuff happens (especially the last week, maybe too much eggnog?): Notifications, that had worked fine before, all of a sudden start sticking, or displaying inaccurate information; a screen FREEZE when using Bluetooth over the phone (soft-restart to fix, 10 times or more), don't get me started on that day, I couldn't even use the GD phone (NOW that pissed me off, almost threw it out the window), other minor things I can't recall right now.

Here's the thing: last night, things start working much better, and this morning... well... I have not found a problem yet. The notifications for all email accounts are working as they should; took a picture of the dogs and was actually able to control the outcome, as apposed to the other way around. I still struggle with the Bluetooth Headset issue, but I am thinking that most of that now is operator error, and my being so impatient, but no screen freezes.

I figure that a lot of Window 8.1 apps incompatibility with Windows 10 Mobile are the bulk of "my" problems, and that is just a matter of time before ALL the wrinkles are ironed out, I hope. I will say "that this morning's experience was much better, than say the last week, or so."

That said, I did see that a fellow contributor had had a myriad of problems, and once he returned it for a replacement, all was much better. I know that if I knew in my mind that I had a "defective unit" I would NOT hesitate for a second to replace it for a new one - but I would exhaust ALL other possibilities first, because there is too much time involved in switching phones (I'm still not willing to do a hard-reset for this same reason), just to find myself back in the same place (with a phone going through a transition). The general consensus is that one should wait until the bugs are worked out when a new product is introduced - for being subjected to the trials and tribulation's, of undertaking such a venture, is not for the faint of heart - well... I said before, I'm impatient, and GOD knows, I have no heart (LOL).

Anyway: a Very Happy NEW YEAR to you, and all the best in 2016...Cheers!
    01-01-2016 10:54 AM
    I already posted this in the Ask A Question section but got no Reply so far, so I try my luck here. I have the 10586.29 firmware on my 950 XL: Since yesterday night suddenly the keyboard covers the lover half of the screen and input fields of any app (Whatsapp, Messages, Edge, proprietary eMail) are not displayed above anymore. If the app positions the input field at the bottom of the screen I can see a glimpse though the gaps between the letter fields apart from that I am typing blindly. I tried rebooting twice and also all keyboard sizes. Any way to change this back to normal?
    ubo69, I had the same problem with that same issue with my emails. I think you have to:

with the keyboard open: PRESS+HOLD the spacebar on the keyboard, and drag it down to the bottom (I think it is floating now). fixed it for me.
    ubo69 likes this.
    01-01-2016 10:59 AM
    ubo69, I had the same problem with that same issue with my emails. I think you have to:

with the keyboard open: PRESS+HOLD the spacebar on the keyboard, and drag it down to the bottom (I think it is floating now). fixed it for me.
    You are a genius! This worked instantly! Thank you so much! 💓
    01-01-2016 01:14 PM
    Zimilaci, I'm not experiencing anything like that (yet!)...but, if I did I would do soft-reset, I'm too cautious to do a hard-rest.

Happy NEW YEAR...CHEERS!
    Hey there,

well first of all, happy new year to you too....

This problem occurs rarely and I just need to close and reopen the app ...so its not a biggie .... I have done soft and hard reset already :) and as I recall .... since I done one of them happens this to me :)) I can live with it tho.... the only thing what makes me angry is the auto enhancement of the pictures...

I wanted to take a picture of a photo..... yes...sometimes I don't have the scanner around... :D and it ruins it....

well yes...maybe a soft reset will be needed soon . :D
    01-01-2016 01:23 PM
    You are a genius! This worked instantly! Thank you so much!
    Ubo69, thank you and your welcome, but I think it's more a case of...I had already been up that road :)

Glad I was able to help.
    01-01-2016 02:42 PM

I wanted to take a picture of a photo..... yes...sometimes I don't have the scanner around... :D and it ruins it....
    zimilaci,

I took a couple of photos this morning, one of which sounds similar to what you described. A photo, of a photo (but in my case, a photo of some glossy packaging), in the first picture, I had the flash on, and it took for ever to “apply finishing touches”, and when it finished with that process, I tried to enable the “choose the best lighting” feature, but received an error message, time after time…until I just gave up.

wp_20160101_12_38_22_rich.jpg

Second picture was taken WITHOUT flash, and turned out much better, processed “finishing touches” immediately, but did not give an option to “choose the best lighting, I guess because I didn’t use a flash?

wp_20160101_12_42_48_rich_-2-1-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20160101_12_38_22_rich-1-.jpg   wp_20160101_10_10_30_rich-1-.jpg   wp_20160101_10_10_30_rich-1-.jpg  
    zimilaci likes this.
    01-01-2016 04:08 PM
    whoops...the above pics (of the dogs) is just an example of applying the “choose the best lighting” feature (before and after)
    01-01-2016 04:12 PM
    I do not get Outlook notifications. My settings is no banner but just sound (custom) & vibrations. All other app notifications no issue. I do get notified on my Band 2 though.

Anyone has similar experience. Care to share solution? Thanks.
    01-01-2016 10:55 PM
    I do not get Outlook notifications. My settings is no banner but just sound (custom) & vibrations. All other app notifications no issue. I do get notified on my Band 2 though.

Anyone has similar experience. Care to share solution? Thanks.
    Hey Horray,

Check you build version. Build .29, as of yesterday morning, seems to have fixed the Outlook Notification gremlins, were as .36 might not have this fix yet (you should be able to tell if you have the updated OUTLOOK, if an “UNDO” is at the bottom of the page when you delete an email).

For notifications, check:

SETTINGS => PERSONALIZATION => Lock Screen => Choose apps to show quick status => “choose your selections (up to 5)”

SETTINGS => Extras => Glance => Notification icons = On

SETTINGS => SYSTEM => NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS => Show notifications on the lock screen = On

SETTINGS => SYSTEM => NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS => Show notifications from these apps => “apps of concern” = On (ALSO in this area: press+hold on the apps of your chose and turn “on” the appropriate settings you would like).

I hope this helps.
    01-02-2016 09:46 AM
    Anyone else have their phone crashed when you turn off auto brightness, manually place the brightness and then use the quick button for it (25 -> 50 ->75 -> 100).

I havent waited too long after the phone completely freezes, but needs restart anyway. Can someone test it out?
    01-02-2016 03:04 PM
    I am experiencing random reboot... I noticed it when my phone was on table and for no reason it just rebooted. Also I was browsing photos yesterday and suddenly it did again. Any one having the reboot issues?
    yeah, I am. It seemed to start about a week ago; I've had the 950 XL since it was released. I'm on xxx.29.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday (offline) and the audio started to break-up, after about a minute the audio went silent and UI went unresponsive, another minute or two later the phone rebooted itself. I was out walking at the time, a cause could be it was trying to connect to various Wi-Fi AP's as I have the generic xfinity/Comcast AP registered and there are a lot of those in my neighborhood. I figure it's either a WiFi OS issue or a background networking app like WhatsApp etc.

I've also noticed the occasional "your phone needs the pin code because it's rebooted" when pulling it out of a pocket on idle too.

Didn't there use to be a way to submit crashes to Microsoft?
    01-02-2016 03:56 PM
    Is your Lumia 950XL having problems? Sound off here! Maybe even keep track of what's going on.

It is worth noting that with any phone, there are bad units. One may not be representative of the entire lineup. Circumstances vary and others may not be able to replicate your issue right away, or at all. Different batches of production may have different problems. It's simply a reality of manufacturing.

Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!

[TIP
    Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
    Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Software Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Pageas well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.

[/TIP]

[INFO]
    Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Software Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version

[/INFO]

Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.

[INFO]
    When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
    1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
    2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
    3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
    4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
    5.If you dont find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
    6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
    7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping > Upload feedback data."

FAQ - How can I send feedback about my Lumia running Windows 10? - Microsoft - USA[/INFO]
    I've never used the feedback option. I wouldn't even have thought to do it, I would just whine and complain about the features giving me the fits. It's pretty easy to use if I'm not so aggravated I'll take the time to do it immediately when the issue occurs. Thanks for that advice - now I feel like I'm part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
    01-03-2016 09:42 AM
    Hey Horray,

Check you build version. Build .29, as of yesterday morning, seems to have fixed the Outlook Notification gremlins, were as .36 might not have this fix yet (you should be able to tell if you have the updated OUTLOOK, if an “UNDO” is at the bottom of the page when you delete an email).

For notifications, check:

SETTINGS => PERSONALIZATION => Lock Screen => Choose apps to show quick status => “choose your selections (up to 5)”

SETTINGS => Extras => Glance => Notification icons = On

SETTINGS => SYSTEM => NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS => Show notifications on the lock screen = On

SETTINGS => SYSTEM => NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS => Show notifications from these apps => “apps of concern” = On (ALSO in this area: press+hold on the apps of your chose and turn “on” the appropriate settings you would like).

I hope this helps.
    I have already set according to your suggestion previously and the notification does not work. Currently on Build 29. How do I get Build 36?

Could it be becuase of my Microsoft Band 2 as I am getting notifications there?
    01-03-2016 10:47 PM
    I have already set according to your suggestion previously and the notification does not work. Currently on Build 29. How do I get Build 36?

Could it be becuase of my Microsoft Band 2 as I am getting notifications there?
    01-04-2016 02:25 AM
720 ... 1516171819 ...