The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-10-2018 01:06 PM
720 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Have sent my faulty device back to expansys today asking for a refund and not a replacement..... beware, once i reset my phone to ensure no personal data be left on it, I had the "Bitlocker" screen appear which the WDRT then did no recognise my phone.

Gone back to my 640xl which seems to run smoother! Shame that they have pushed out some defective devices and now seriously considering my options as to what my new daily driver should be.
    01-04-2016 04:58 AM
    I have already set according to your suggestion previously and the notification does not work. Currently on Build 29. How do I get Build 36?

Could it be becuase of my Microsoft Band 2 as I am getting notifications there?
    It could be due to Band 2. But all other notifications - Calendar, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. make a sound! So...I am not sure...It's quite frustrating.
    01-04-2016 06:59 AM
    Eye scan keeps switching off after varying amount of times, anyone else ?
    I have to restart the phone to get it back.
    I also loose the screen lighting up with notifications, again until I restart.

This is not very good?

Software bug thing that can be updated ?
    Exactly the same issues with my one, together with no living images at all.
    I think I am going to perform a hard reset and see what happens. Again...
    01-04-2016 09:13 AM
    Anybody getting navigation bar constantly on screen and not disappearing? only happened tonight after I restarted phone to get windows hello back on.

Running latest 29 firmware O2 uk.
    Last edited by Brian McMahon; 01-04-2016 at 05:19 PM.
    01-04-2016 04:22 PM
    Any way to auto-hide the navigation bar?
    01-04-2016 05:59 PM
    I want a straight awnser.. I have a Lumia 950XL and just love the phone! Its Amazing! but i have read about people get a replacement becuse of the issue with lifting in the corners with different screenprotectors and the redyeye issue, where all darker Pictures with people and animals get redeyes that cant be taken away.

I have this so called "issues", but have never thought about them.. now I dont want a deffect phone! So are these two problems really a problem? Will a replacement dont get the lifting issue? or the redeyes issue?
    01-05-2016 06:00 AM
    Tried everywhere in settings can't see it. Only problem is the nav keys are showing on the lock screen as well. Hard reset tonight i think
    01-05-2016 07:30 AM
    Hi all. I have had my 950xl for a few weeks now and while I am liking it more and more I have an issue with blue tooth. when connected to either my car or any blue tooth speaker the phone continually drops Bluetooth connection then needs to repair. this is quite annoying and does not seem to be getting any better. I am running the .29 OS and do not have the latest firmware as it has not hit the US yet. is this an issue with my phone or are others seeing this as well?

also does anyone who has the latest firmware know if this is fixed in that update?

thanks,
    01-05-2016 10:01 AM
    Well, to be honest I had the screenprotector issue, but with a different brand, it was normal... so I guess its rather a protector quality issu...

As for the Pictures and red-eye... I guess it needs only software fine tuning.... I would not care if I were you ... :)
    01-05-2016 12:17 PM
    Guys, is there any chance to charge the phone without turning it on ?
    01-05-2016 12:18 PM
    I have started to notice some quirky bugs on my phone that I have not been in other forums (AFAIK). Anyone else sees this?

1. Inconsistent keyboard: Swype works fine in most applications, it doesn't in a few. Swype feature doesn't work in Edge address/search bar (feature or bug?) Keyboard adds a space in most applications after swyping a word, differs within edge. So can't swype functionality is very broken and interrupted. This is super frustrating
    2. Some applications are not able to pull licenses from store, my TubeCast Pro acts like regular TubeCast.
    3. Video recording is super buggy, can't open recorded videos.
    4. Burst shots don't work
    5. Windows Hello locks up, "Too many tries, please use pin" without even trying to unlock phone. (One more thing that bothers me about hello is, even when there is no need of a pin code i.e within 2 mins of phone unlock, hello kicks in. Best experience would be hello kicks in only when PIN is needed)
    01-05-2016 01:44 PM
    New one! For some reason, my camera started displaying everything upside down today--pictures are captured upside down, the icons and menus are upside down--but everything else, including the photos app, displays in the correct orientation. Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions for a possible fix?
    01-05-2016 05:11 PM
    Just tried Windows Hello--it's in the correct position. Changing rotation lock does nothing. Power+Volume Down does nothing. Only app that is doing this... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: Installed new firmware, problem didn't immediately resolve but it did eventually flip back to the correct position. No idea what caused the problem or fixed it.
    Last edited by jazzedmurf; 01-09-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    01-05-2016 06:24 PM
    Guys, is there any chance to charge the phone without turning it on ?
    It's still a shame you still can't do this on Windows phone. One work around I use is to is too switch on sim pin, that way you can charge your mobile in peace without anyone contacting you.
    01-06-2016 01:43 AM
    Sorry first reply post for message above.
    01-06-2016 01:45 AM
    Airplane mode :)
    01-06-2016 02:13 PM
    Hi all. I have had my 950xl for a few weeks now and while I am liking it more and more I have an issue with blue tooth. when connected to either my car or any blue tooth speaker the phone continually drops Bluetooth connection then needs to repair. this is quite annoying and does not seem to be getting any better. I am running the .29 OS and do not have the latest firmware as it has not hit the US yet. is this an issue with my phone or are others seeing this as well?

also does anyone who has the latest firmware know if this is fixed in that update?

thanks,
    Having the same problem too. I'm on insider .36 OS. Highlighted it in Windows feedback
    01-06-2016 08:11 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem with my 950XL and Bluetooth handsfree Nokia CK-100
    01-07-2016 01:19 AM
    No issues with bluetooth in my car nor with my headphones. Had minor sound drop first days before update.
    01-07-2016 01:29 AM
    Bluetooth has been rock solid for me in the car for audio streaming.

My MS Band is another issue, pretty sure that's not the phone's BT.
    01-07-2016 06:07 AM
    New one! For some reason, my camera started displaying everything upside down today--pictures are captured upside down, the icons and menus are upside down--but everything else, including the photos app, displays in the correct orientation. Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions for a possible fix?
    Just tried Windows Hello--it's in the correct position. Changing rotation lock does nothing. Power+Volume Down does nothing. Only app that is doing this... Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Hey buddy, do you have a MOZO back cover by any chance?

I was having this, I was frustrated because start screen was normal, but every other app I opened was rotating (the ones that support rotation), email, message, everything, I swithced the phone off several time, even rotation lock didint work, then I removed the MOZO cover while the phone was on and VOILA, everything worked (maybe also with the original cover, maybe not) try and see.
    01-07-2016 07:06 AM
    Bluetooth has been rock solid for me in the car for audio streaming.

My MS Band is another issue, pretty sure that's not the phone's BT.
    So far audio streaming does not face any problem. It's only when performing voice call.
    01-08-2016 04:50 AM
    Just got the new firmware update and still having the same issue with Bluetooth dropping. Anyone else still effected even after firmware? Also the has restarted twice since the update due to SIM changes. Anyone else have multiple SIM change restarts?
    01-08-2016 10:55 AM
    Just got the new firmware update and still having the same issue with Bluetooth dropping. Anyone else still effected even after firmware? Also the has restarted twice since the update due to SIM changes. Anyone else have multiple SIM change restarts?
    It say here that you may need to use the CONNECT toggle to select your device????? I am using a Plantronics Savi 7xx and it is like going through a friggin maze to get connected on the second call. I had it down pat 2 weeks ago, went out of town, returned...and now I have to remember the dog and pony show, to use my damn Headset.

untitled1.png

Mutant, if you try the above (or have tried the above), please let me know if it was successful for you. I'm sure my customers just love my hanging up them.
    01-08-2016 11:28 AM
    I had Bluetooth issues with my last Android phone and same with this one. I think it might be my car.
    01-08-2016 11:32 AM
720 ... 1617181920 ...