02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Mine was fixed by new OS update and a phone reset.
    01-08-2016 07:56 PM
    New OS update makes if auto hide.
    01-08-2016 07:57 PM
    Not on mine.
    01-10-2016 04:52 AM
    Hey buddy, do you have a MOZO back cover by any chance?

I was having this, I was frustrated because start screen was normal, but every other app I opened was rotating (the ones that support rotation), email, message, everything, I swithced the phone off several time, even rotation lock didint work, then I removed the MOZO cover while the phone was on and VOILA, everything worked (maybe also with the original cover, maybe not) try and see.

I don't have a MOZO back plate--it's the white OEM plate with an Incipio case. I was actually only experiencing the 180 rotation on the 1st party camera app; photos was normal, 3rd party camera apps were normal, Hello was normal. Even in the affected camera app, the image in the viewfinder was correct but the menus, words, icons and resultant pictures were upside down. The FW update didn't fix it right away, but it has seemed to fix itself since then. Hope this info helps! Are you still experiencing this?
    01-10-2016 10:52 AM
    Just for fun, here's a graph of the length of this thread since it got started. The good news, it's slowing down. The bad news: it's still growing pretty quickly!

thread-length-950xl.jpg
    flohdaniel likes this.
    01-10-2016 11:45 AM
    I don't have a MOZO back plate--it's the white OEM plate with an Incipio case. I was actually only experiencing the 180 rotation on the 1st party camera app; photos was normal, 3rd party camera apps were normal, Hello was normal. Even in the affected camera app, the image in the viewfinder was correct but the menus, words, icons and resultant pictures were upside down. The FW update didn't fix it right away, but it has seemed to fix itself since then. Hope this info helps! Are you still experiencing this?
    Not anymore buddy, but was annoying as hell!
    01-10-2016 12:37 PM
    After the new firmware update my WIFI keeps dropping all the time!!! Before it would never do it.... Any solution?
    01-10-2016 01:46 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the bottom back speaker? Mine had no output with music, video or games. Only top back speaker had output. Got a replacement phone and this one has the same issue.
    01-10-2016 09:04 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the bottom back speaker? Mine had no output with music, video or games. Only top back speaker had output. Got a replacement phone and this one has the same issue.
    We all have that issue, as there is only one back speaker, left of the camera...
    01-10-2016 10:50 PM
    Its strange when I play music with the on board speakers it would play fine. It would also play fine with the headphones that came with the phone.

But what it would not play smooth with is when its lined out to the AUX IN of my car music player.

The music always plays jittery i.e it would stop and start.

To see if the cable is okay I tried with my Lumia 640XL and it worked like a charm.

For some reason when I Line Out the Gadget App does not launch on its own.
    01-11-2016 12:21 AM
    I hope this will be fixed, but in Edge browser, when there is websites and you can press image to view more images, browsing through them is painful.

You dont smoothly just go through them, it lags and moves badly to the other picture, you have to swipe multiple times.
    01-11-2016 04:00 AM
    I hope this will be fixed, but in Edge browser, when there is websites and you can press image to view more images, browsing through them is painful.

You dont smoothly just go through them, it lags and moves badly to the other picture, you have to swipe multiple times.
    An example link would have been useful...
    01-11-2016 08:41 AM
    An example link would have been useful...
    http://m.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/inserat...sb=p#desImages

Using mobile version of the site..

Other problems in the browser, often no response at all when trying to press links on desktop mode, poor performance too. Any fixes?
    01-11-2016 09:29 AM

I get the same erratic movement/response when in the MS App Store (most of the time), it's like the images are not loading fast enough, so the touch gestures don't respond until they do - this can be dangerous because in some cases (ie: when in EDGE) the subsequent touch gestures can be stored and an unintended link can be opened as a result?
    01-11-2016 09:29 AM
    I get the same erratic movement/response when in the MS App Store (most of the time), it's like the images are not loading fast enough, so the touch gestures don't respond until they do - this can be dangerous because in some cases (ie: when in EDGE) the subsequent touch gestures can be stored and an unintended link can be opened as a result?
    Yes exactly.. Ive always used desktop version and on heavy websites Edge just cannot handle it.. You press and press and press the same link button but nothing happens, then you somehow press another and boom.. Wrong link, even an ad what you press, which is annoying as hell, i dont want to press ad's nor i want to waste time opening 10 wrong links. These things must be fixed, smoothness must be improved same as performance overall.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-11-2016 09:58 AM
    HELP!!!

I am trying to use a Plantronics Savi W720, and I am only able to use once in a row...then, no response. This I killing my productivity.
    01-11-2016 09:07 PM
    After over a month they finally fixed Groove so it could sync music.
    01-11-2016 09:49 PM
    I am also on latest 29 build. What can I say, it is drama! Bluetooth working for a while and only occasionally, pair fine with my car hands-free but after 15-30 seconds keeps disconnecting and trying to connect again, connecting for short while again, reboots the phone, on and on, and on, and on! Another thing the battery and how quickly it gets drained, how the phone gets really hot and how it switches itself off, leaving you with no clue that you are out of reach. Really looking forward to improvements in new release of the soft.
    01-12-2016 11:07 AM
    I had Bluetooth issues with my last Android phone and same with this one. I think it might be my car.
    It is not your car. It is Lumia Soft and drivers - Ichecked that with car hands-free, bluetooth hedphones of different makes including Nokia and Monster, checked on hands-free conference Platronic and Jabra.
    Lumia keeps loosing the bluetooth abillity....
    01-12-2016 11:11 AM
    HELP!!!

I am trying to use a Plantronics Savi W720, and I am only able to use once in a row...then, no response. This I killing my productivity.
    Question:

If I have the 950XL connected to the computer, and Data Link enabled (meaning that it is not JUST charging, via the USB connection) – could this configuration interfere with the Bluetooth’s ability to function correctly on my Plantronics Savi W720 Headset?
    01-12-2016 11:47 AM
    I am also on latest 29 build. What can I say, it is drama! Bluetooth working for a while and only occasionally, pair fine with my car hands-free but after 15-30 seconds keeps disconnecting and trying to connect again, connecting for short while again, reboots the phone, on and on, and on, and on! Another thing the battery and how quickly it gets drained, how the phone gets really hot and how it switches itself off, leaving you with no clue that you are out of reach. Really looking forward to improvements in new release of the soft.
    I'm having the same problem too. Try disabling the "use alternate Bluetooth connection for speech" and also turn of the read text aloud by Cortana when connected to Bluetooth. Should help, I guess.
    BTW, I'm on .63 with the latest firmware on 950 XL.
    01-12-2016 05:52 PM
    i found a.. defect(?).. of 950xl's camera. I took pictures with very short shutter time, 1/2000s, with flash. if the object is static, no problem. here's an example:

12473625_156679378035867_7692429587693880467_o.jpg

but if the object is moving, it will distort:

12471362_156678968035908_16966444415229138_o.jpg

12493562_156677704702701_9044432294184742472_o.jpg

the above three photos used the same settings but distortions were clearly seen in the last two. maybe the camera is not fast enough to handle this?
    01-13-2016 12:08 AM
    but if the object is moving, it will distort:
    This looks like the standard deformation that you get from a 'rolling shutter', see here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter
    Summary: the image lines do represent a very short exposure time, but different lines are taken at slightly different times.
    01-13-2016 07:31 AM
    This looks like the standard deformation that you get from a 'rolling shutter', see here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter
    Summary: the image lines do represent a very short exposure time, but different lines are taken at slightly different times.
    many thanks. Very helpful. I understand what happened to the last two pictures now. Many thanks..^^
    01-13-2016 10:36 AM
    Well, this is just getting tiresome, since phone is already out for almost 2 months but still is buggy as ****.
    I had problems with wifi connection since day one, but now it is just not possible to use it anymore. After few hours of using wifi signal keeps getting lost and it is impossible to connect to any wifi if you don't restart the phone. After restart same think keeps happening again and again. Besides while there is this glitch (can't find any Wifi network despite there are many) battery keeps draining like crazy and it gets pretty hot now and then.
    Anyone know is this software glitch that will be fixed (I mean if it is it's pretty ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed in 2 months while this phone is out) or there is some sort of hardware defect and I need to bring it to service?

I mean I love WP and waited for this phone for a long time, but this is just not normal, especially for a phone that costs 700 EUR.

And another thing that annoys me - a lot of applications in store shows in wierd languages (like Arabic or French), not in English. How can I fix this?
    Last edited by neJANIS; 01-14-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    01-14-2016 04:36 AM
720 ... 1718192021 ...