02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    After the .164 update I'm experiencing the proximity sensor issue.

When on a call, the screen is just black all the time, and the proximity sensor does not switch on the screen. I have to press the power button twice to bring up the call screen. Also, when I'm making a call, screen goes black just after I push the call button, and I have to press the power button twice to see what's on the screen.

Anybody experiencing the same, or it's just my bad luck?
    03-11-2016 09:38 AM
    Phone's edge browser does not seem to be able to display twitter images. I don't use the app. Html5 non standard issue?
    This issue is resolved with the OS update, I guess they included some edge changes. specifically 14283.1000 update
    03-11-2016 05:46 PM
    I purchased the 950XL from the MS Store yesterday. When I got home, I updated the phone and signed up to the Insider Fast Ring. Everything was running fine until 20 minutes ago. A bunch of apps updated and now the weather app, photos app, and money app keeps crashing. Also, my SMS history is not syncing.
    03-12-2016 12:04 AM
    I purchased the 950XL from the MS Store yesterday. When I got home, I updated the phone and signed up to the Insider Fast Ring. Everything was running fine until 20 minutes ago. A bunch of apps updated and now the weather app, photos app, and money app keeps crashing. Also, my SMS history is not syncing.
    The preview updates may have lot of bugs. I suggest reset your phone using recovery tool then update to the latest build 164. Use it for some time. The build is good. Then choose fast ring and you can update to Redstone builds. I updated to it and I had lot of bugs too. I was unable to play video in edge, mytube etc. There was a security problem as the phone was unlocking without password. Thus I reset it back and got the build 164 through normal update.
    03-13-2016 01:52 AM
    Okay... so... my rich capture is on, flash is on, yet I can't adjust my photos? the frick? And when I click the edit button nothing happens. Yet I can delete or share without issue.
    03-16-2016 01:55 AM
    Just for understanding, the fast ring is in the development branch - aka Redstone. The builds there are relatively fresh. They are running fine for me, but YMMV. You can do several things now. Proceed in this order, from easiest / quickest to... harder ;) If it does not solve your problem, do the next step. Sorry, if there are too easy / obvious things in here.

First of all check, if there is and / or make a backup in settings -> update&security -> backup -> more options -> backup now. Takes some time, ensure that it finished. Have you carried your backups over from 8.1? Or did you do a fresh install without using a backup on a windows 10 installation? It would be good to start with 10, sometime.

Now, for actual solving:
    - Search for updates in the store install, reboot. Solved?
    - Do a soft reset - hold 'Vol down' and 'Power' key until the phone vibrates, release. Solved?
    - Change the scaling in settings -> system -> display -> size of text, apps... e.g. so one notch smaller, reboot. Why? This causes all universal apps to be reinstalled. Like... weather, photos ;) You can watch / trigger the reinstall by going to store, check for updates, install all of them. You can now check, if the apps are working. You can change the dpi setting to the original setting, will update / reinstall the app again, same process as before. Solved?

If you are here and it did not solve your problem, you will need to hard reset. This will solve your problems and give you a fresh start. You can go the Threshold branch, pretty sweet and stable, or the redstone branch, bleeding edge.

Threshold:
    Use WDRT to install whatever it offers you. It will be a 10586 build. When installed, sign in but do not choose backups. Only install insider app, choose slow ring and install whatever itz offers you. It will be 10586.164, as of today. After it is installed, HARD RESET the phone once again (settings -> system -> info -> reset phone). Now you can set it up normally, e.g. restore your backup.

Redstone:
    Use WDRT to install whatever it offers you. It will be a 10586 build. When installed, sign in but do not choose backups. Only install insider app, choose fast ring and install whatever itz offers you. It will be 14283.1000, as of today, the REDSTONE build you are having today. After it is installed, HARD RESET the phone once again (settings -> system -> info -> reset phone). Now you can set it up normally, e.g. restore your backup.

Please tell us, how it went :)
    Corwin
    mtf1380 and kristalsoldier like this.
    03-16-2016 06:17 AM
    Folks, new here and new user of Lumia 950XL. I had my reservations while buying this phone, but I am possibly looking at my worst fears coming true.
    I am facing the following issues with the phone.
    A) keyboard disappearance- any msging app(SMS, Skype, WhatsApp) does not let me type megs quickly and then move on to the next. The keyboard becomes un responsive, disappears and then o have to type the msg box again to get it back. After doing this 10-15 times, the keyboard refuses to open up anywhere (touch is fine, but no keyboards anywhere.. msg, mail, settings, contacts). Sorely disappointing. This is more the case I feel after the latest update I received 10.0.10586.164
    B) random reboots- this happens every 5-6 hers. And usually after I try all the msging nonsense above. The phone heats up and boom..restart.
    I tried searching for a solution, bit not sure what it is. Any ideas for people who have similar issues experiences.
    (I have a SD card in the phone and a few apps reside there)
    03-19-2016 01:51 AM
    Folks, new here and new user of Lumia 950XL. I had my reservations while buying this phone, but I am possibly looking at my worst fears coming true.
    I am facing the following issues with the phone.
    A) keyboard disappearance- any msging app(SMS, Skype, WhatsApp) does not let me type megs quickly and then move on to the next. The keyboard becomes un responsive, disappears and then o have to type the msg box again to get it back. After doing this 10-15 times, the keyboard refuses to open up anywhere (touch is fine, but no keyboards anywhere.. msg, mail, settings, contacts). Sorely disappointing. This is more the case I feel after the latest update I received 10.0.10586.164
    B) random reboots- this happens every 5-6 hers. And usually after I try all the msging nonsense above. The phone heats up and boom..restart.
    I tried searching for a solution, bit not sure what it is. Any ideas for people who have similar issues experiences.
    (I have a SD card in the phone and a few apps reside there)
    KIYR: How long have you have the L950XL? is it possible that your data, and apps are still updating? Have you tried a soft reset? I had an issuse with the 950XL's keyboard when I first got the phone, but my issue was that I could not see whatr I was typing because the keybouard was "floating" (had to press and hold the keyboard and drag it to the bottom of the screen to get it to stick in place).
    03-20-2016 11:13 AM
    It's a pity that the equalizer doesn't have an effect on the bt Connection with my car
    03-20-2016 03:28 PM
    I dont think so these issue occur until you started using excessive internet
    03-21-2016 06:44 AM
    For the record, my current issues with the 950XL (running Insider build on the slow ring):

1. Cortana does not work from Band 2

2. Sometimes, notifications for emails, alarms, etc. on Band 2 occur hours after they occur on the 950XL

3. Music playback is awful. Playback continuously stops after playing one or two songs regardless of the source (Groove, Pandora, etc.). After playback has stopped, clicking the next track button from the controls causes lots of flickering of the track name, and ultimately doesn't work.

4. When removing the headphones from the audio jack, the audio volume controls stick on the headphones profile.

5. The Hulu app locks up on the 950XL
    04-03-2016 12:04 AM
    Hi, My 950 XL had a problem
    i can't change or set new app in SHOW QUICK APP STATUS
    When i click then will jump to home screen .... i format many times already
    Once i just format and it can set, after (maybe few days or a while) cant set it anymore

Please help ...
    04-15-2016 10:27 AM
    Bummer. The only think I can think of is that you might have been using a backup made under 8.1 to restore it? Then, it seems to be crashing when trying to build the list - maybe some weird named app in there? Just speculating here.
    04-18-2016 11:00 AM
    "New" used 950 XL DS here.
    updated to *.218 upon boot up.
    Transferring music to 200GB SD, phone reboots periodically.
    Ha, changed to a 128GB SD and it seems to have corrected itself.
    Guess it doesn't like 200 GB cards ....or just this one.
    04-20-2016 07:59 AM
    Anyone else have headphone issues after updating to slow ring 295? no headphone work on my 950XL now. :/
    04-22-2016 02:45 AM
    My 950XL doesn't like my 128GB card on .218, a UHS model, and a very reputable manufacturer.
    I've crashed my Win10 desktop (explorer process, not the entire machine, but there's a huge interrupt storm and a timeout, followed by the crash) numerous times, just trying to transfer about 0.5GB of photos off my phone...
    WiFi is MUCH more reliable, I gave up on USB for now, and am just transferring direct to my NAS.

-pete
    04-23-2016 03:35 PM
    My Lumia 950XL Dual SIM (bought at Microsoft Store) is having all kinds of issues. The phone is always rebooting after launching apps, especially games.
    Sometimes I turn it on and go to settings and it won't launch, but it just reboots. I play a game and during a game it reboots. I launch a podcast and it reboots. I try and view mail and it doesn't show anything and says it needs to sync, but I just looked at email a couple minutes before. After I reset it, then I can see the email. I'm afraid there will be more issues as I start using more apps and services.

Software Version: 1511
    OS Build: 10.0.10586.218
    Firmware Version: 01078.00038.16025.39005
    Hardware Version: 4.0.3.1

Should I take it back to Microsoft for a replacement?
    05-09-2016 03:15 PM
    Should I take it back to Microsoft for a replacement?
    If you haven't tried it, a hard reset without restoring from a backup afterwards might be worth a try before taking it back. (I'm not usually a fan of that method, but it might be easier than taking it back.) Of course, a hard reset reset erases anything so back up any important photos, music, app data, etc., first.

If it still has the same problem, then I would definitely take it back because it shouldn't be behaving that erratically. Mine rebooted after the camera caused an issue yesterday, but that's pretty rare.

Of course you can just take it back without a reset, too. Just another option to try.
    05-10-2016 02:00 PM
    In the last couple of days I went through 3 950 XL's...all of them couldn't focus properly to infinity in manual mode (picture would end up blurry).
    I'm now without a 950 XL as I returned the third device and asked for a refund...got tired of all the hassle.

I really liked the phone and right now I'm considering to go out and get another one...but I'm afraid I'll end up having the same issue.
    Do you guys have the same issue on your 950 XL? Is it really that common or am I just that unlucky??
    05-13-2016 06:44 PM
    Running Threshold 10586.318 here. Have had a problem with Tile View under personalization since last build. Keeps reverting to full screen picture every once in a while. I have hard reset this phone before the latest build installed but this bug has persisted since the hard reset. Anyone else seen this happen? I want my Tile View!
    05-17-2016 10:11 AM
    Running .318; Non-insider; 128GB
    Facing problem with lock screen. Whenever Iris scan fails I'm prompted to to key in the pin using the full QWERTY keyboard and no Done button or OK button to accept the keyed in code.
    Whenever the Iris scan is successful. Home screen still shows up the qwerty keyboard & then minimizes & disappears.

This is driving me crazy & not liking it at all.
    05-17-2016 10:42 AM
    After the .164 update I'm experiencing the proximity sensor issue.

When on a call, the screen is just black all the time, and the proximity sensor does not switch on the screen. I have to press the power button twice to bring up the call screen. Also, when I'm making a call, screen goes black just after I push the call button, and I have to press the power button twice to see what's on the screen.

Anybody experiencing the same, or it's just my bad luck?
    Having the same problem, though my screen wont go black during calls so im pressing buttons by accident.. Sucks
    kastron likes this.
    05-19-2016 01:34 PM
    Hi, i have problem with gray colors on my lumia 950 xl. For example when i have gray background such as setting have. On higher brightness setting gray is true gray but when i change brightness to lower settings gray start showing greenish tint, usually visible in dark. Is that normal on amoled displays or i have defective device?

left side brightness 15% right side 100%

tint.jpg
    Last edited by kastron; 05-24-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    05-21-2016 08:14 PM
    It is usual on Amoled.
    05-22-2016 11:07 AM
    Its visible only on gray background that is strange.
    Have anyone this "strange" greenish grey tint?
    05-22-2016 12:55 PM
720 ... 2122232425 ...