Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I hope this will be fixed, but in Edge browser, when there is websites and you can press image to view more images, browsing through them is painful.

You dont smoothly just go through them, it lags and moves badly to the other picture, you have to swipe multiple times.

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I hope this will be fixed, but in Edge browser, when there is websites and you can press image to view more images, browsing through them is painful.

You dont smoothly just go through them, it lags and moves badly to the other picture, you have to swipe multiple times.

An example link would have been useful...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I get the same erratic movement/response when in the MS App Store (most of the time), it's like the images are not loading fast enough, so the touch gestures don't respond until they do - this can be dangerous because in some cases (ie: when in EDGE) the subsequent touch gestures can be stored and an unintended link can be opened as a result?

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I get the same erratic movement/response when in the MS App Store (most of the time), it's like the images are not loading fast enough, so the touch gestures don't respond until they do - this can be dangerous because in some cases (ie: when in EDGE) the subsequent touch gestures can be stored and an unintended link can be opened as a result?

Yes exactly.. Ive always used desktop version and on heavy websites Edge just cannot handle it.. You press and press and press the same link button but nothing happens, then you somehow press another and boom.. Wrong link, even an ad what you press, which is annoying as hell, i dont want to press ad's nor i want to waste time opening 10 wrong links. These things must be fixed, smoothness must be improved same as performance overall.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
HELP!!!

I am trying to use a Plantronics Savi W720, and I am only able to use once in a row...then, no response. This I killing my productivity.

JSwierczewski1

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I am also on latest 29 build. What can I say, it is drama! Bluetooth working for a while and only occasionally, pair fine with my car hands-free but after 15-30 seconds keeps disconnecting and trying to connect again, connecting for short while again, reboots the phone, on and on, and on, and on! Another thing the battery and how quickly it gets drained, how the phone gets really hot and how it switches itself off, leaving you with no clue that you are out of reach. Really looking forward to improvements in new release of the soft.

JSwierczewski1

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I had Bluetooth issues with my last Android phone and same with this one. I think it might be my car.
It is not your car. It is Lumia Soft and drivers - Ichecked that with car hands-free, bluetooth hedphones of different makes including Nokia and Monster, checked on hands-free conference Platronic and Jabra.
Lumia keeps loosing the bluetooth abillity....

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
HELP!!!

I am trying to use a Plantronics Savi W720, and I am only able to use once in a row...then, no response. This I killing my productivity.

Question:

If I have the 950XL connected to the computer, and Data Link enabled (meaning that it is not JUST charging, via the USB connection) – could this configuration interfere with the Bluetooth’s ability to function correctly on my Plantronics Savi W720 Headset?

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am also on latest 29 build. What can I say, it is drama! Bluetooth working for a while and only occasionally, pair fine with my car hands-free but after 15-30 seconds keeps disconnecting and trying to connect again, connecting for short while again, reboots the phone, on and on, and on, and on! Another thing the battery and how quickly it gets drained, how the phone gets really hot and how it switches itself off, leaving you with no clue that you are out of reach. Really looking forward to improvements in new release of the soft.

I'm having the same problem too. Try disabling the "use alternate Bluetooth connection for speech" and also turn of the read text aloud by Cortana when connected to Bluetooth. Should help, I guess.
BTW, I'm on .63 with the latest firmware on 950 XL.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
i found a.. defect(?).. of 950xl's camera. I took pictures with very short shutter time, 1/2000s, with flash. if the object is static, no problem. here's an example:

12473625_156679378035867_7692429587693880467_o.jpg

but if the object is moving, it will distort:

12471362_156678968035908_16966444415229138_o.jpg

12493562_156677704702701_9044432294184742472_o.jpg

the above three photos used the same settings but distortions were clearly seen in the last two. maybe the camera is not fast enough to handle this?

neJANIS

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is just getting tiresome, since phone is already out for almost 2 months but still is buggy as ****.
I had problems with wifi connection since day one, but now it is just not possible to use it anymore. After few hours of using wifi signal keeps getting lost and it is impossible to connect to any wifi if you don't restart the phone. After restart same think keeps happening again and again. Besides while there is this glitch (can't find any Wifi network despite there are many) battery keeps draining like crazy and it gets pretty hot now and then.
Anyone know is this software glitch that will be fixed (I mean if it is it's pretty ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed in 2 months while this phone is out) or there is some sort of hardware defect and I need to bring it to service?

I mean I love WP and waited for this phone for a long time, but this is just not normal, especially for a phone that costs 700 EUR.

And another thing that annoys me - a lot of applications in store shows in wierd languages (like Arabic or French), not in English. How can I fix this?

Last edited:

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, this is just getting tiresome, since phone is already out for almost 2 months but still is buggy as ****.
I had problems with wifi connection since day one, but now it is just not possible to use it anymore. After few hours of using wifi signal keeps getting lost and it is impossible to connect to any wifi if you don't restart the phone. After restart same think keeps happening again and again. Besides while there is this glitch (can't find any Wifi network despite there are many) battery keeps draining like crazy and it gets pretty hot now and then.
Anyone know is this software glitch that will be fixed (I mean if it is it's pretty ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed in 2 months while this phone is out) or there is some sort of hardware defect and I need to bring it to service?

I mean I love WP and waited for this phone for a long time, but this is just not normal, especially for a phone that costs 700 EUR.

And another thing that annoys me - a lot of applications in store shows in wierd languages (like Arabic or French), not in English. How can I fix this?

See if you have a pending phone update, that will suck the life out of the phone fast.

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you get annoyed by the fact that the microphone on the bottom of the screen picks up so much dirt/dust?
Not really a bug/deffect but just a "design" flaw?

Vagner Tavares Jr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I got my phone no more than 3 weeks ago and now it wont stop restarting. I waited for the battery to drain on its on and see if the fluke went away, but no luck. Anyone had the same problems recently

But from day one i found out that it was over heating and battery wasn?t lasting as long as it should in my opinion. Plus some of the apps i have paid for are not working properly, ie: Age of Empires touch sensors are off. ANd I think my wireless charger never worked with the 950xl...but it works fine with my 920...

I will be sending it back and asking for a new one, but if the problem persists, I will be swapping OS systems. =Os

mervs2402

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I've just received my 950 XL today.

I've discovered a bug related to the charger/charging, it's different than yours though. With the charger unplugged from the wall or power outlet, if you plug the USB Type-C connector to the phone, it will make the charging sound as if it's started charging, and the charging icon also appears. The status will disappear after 5-10 seconds, but if you keep leaving the charging cable plugged to the phone, after another 5-10 seconds it will make the charging sound again. The charger is completely unplugged from the wall. I tried checking this with the data cable that came with the phone, it doesn't have the same problem.

Can anyone else try this? I hope this is only a software bug that can be fixed with future updates.

I can still confirm this is still present. I took a video to send the Feedback to Windows.

Before I realized this, my battery was drained out completely within a couple of hours.
View attachment 120477 View attachment 120478

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I can still confirm this is still present. I took a video to send the Feedback to Windows.
https://youtu.be/XFdXyqSf-84

Before I realized this, my battery was drained out completely within a couple of hours.
View attachment 120477 View attachment 120478

I personally wouldn't call this a bug. USB-C charging is a lot different than what we were used to. The USB-C charger needs to communicate with the charger to determine how 'fast' it can charge. When you're attaching a charger, you are asking the phone to perform this task. Yes, even unplugged. The phone is still completing the 'function' you have asked of it, which is to determine the charging speed. Without this feature, we wouldn't get those fantastically fast charging times. It's similar to the QC 2.0 technology, Microsoft hasn't confirmed if this device actually uses that 'brand' of technology anywhere in the specs, but I get the feeling it is, or is a subset of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss