02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Neither hard nor soft reset didn't work.
    I think that's hardware's fault...

Dear Microsoft, If you can't make devices, then JUST SIMPLY DON'T. I PAID FOR THIS USELESS PIECE OF PLASTIC !!!
    Do you have some kind of warranty / consumer laws? If so, get it exchanged or repaired. Do not let yourself be angered about such a thing :)
    06-13-2016 12:10 PM
    Really odd one. On the latest Threshold build (.1000). Uninstalled Skype as I didn't want the integration though I think it's been reduced in this build. Then a mate who has moved to Australia decides he wants to use it so I try and reinstall it and it fails (don't have the error code to hand but it was 0x8020xxxx I think).

So now I have the joy of potentially wiping the device and starting again unless someone has a better idea?
    06-15-2016 05:37 AM
    Oh another one the option to turn the glance screen off when charging has gone. I can turn it off completley but I'd like the option to leave it on for 30 seconds when glancing at it at night but I normally leave it on charge but this option isn't available. Again on build 10.0.14361.0
    06-15-2016 06:20 AM
    Tip: When it is charging and you do not want glance screen on, just cover the proximity sensor. It then will stay off. I, personally do that, as I want to prevent burn in.
    06-16-2016 04:46 AM
    So alarm clock goes off exactly 10:26 am everyday, that alarm is not shown in the menu so its basically "ghost"alarm. Annoying when you cant really do anything about it ..
    06-16-2016 10:46 AM
    950xl dual sim here, literally lasted 10 hours.

The second sim is not detected. Did hard reset, checked updates, got a new sim, tried it on another phone and it works ok. 90% sure it's a HW or FW issue, the OS is running ok (up to date production build).

Will go to the MS store tomorrow and try get a replacement or a refund.

*update: Got new phone no questions asked, guy at the store said it was most likely HW issue.
    Last edited by chris_gt; 06-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    06-17-2016 01:44 AM
    Hi All,

Currently my lumia 950xl is on build 420. I'm experiencing constant reboots with this phone unless I plug in the charger and the restart issue will disappear.

At times the phone would just shut down and every time I tried soft reset it just won't open and the battery would drain. The only solution is to plug in the charger.

Is it SW problem or battery's problem? My Lumia was working super fine before and I love this phone so much. I did hard resets twice already and this problem still lingers.

Appreciate any comment or help on this.
    Bartdog likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:43 AM
    I'm also on 420 and I've been having tons of lockups and a couple unexpected reboots. The lockups seem to happen after being in standby but also when music is playing (or just with groove in the background, paused). I wonder if it has to do with wifi, since wifi now stays connected coming out of standby (since I got the 950XL it takes 30 seconds to reconnect to wifi whenever coming out of standby).

Disappointed that hard resets don't fix this, since that was what I was going to try. I am using the device recovery tool to install the last stable release - I do see there's a minor firmware revision (from 16025 to 16082).
    Braineh likes this.
    06-27-2016 03:11 PM
    Well shoot, after doing the device recovery tool it takes me back to 107, then immediately does an update to 420. So if the instability is in build 420 I am stuck.
    06-27-2016 04:36 PM
    Marketplace stopped working, crashes on opening, any fix for this? Possibly simple one?
    07-02-2016 12:48 PM
    My lumia 950 xl is also restarting several times, sometimes the screen goes black and a noise starts playing, and I can do nothing but restart.
    Then again it happens most of the time. It's been some weeks the problem has appeared. Damn you Microsoft, they don't work enough to improve their mobile version of windows.
    Bartdog and Braineh like this.
    07-07-2016 06:55 AM
    Man.. This 420 update seems to messing me up here. Front camera stopped working (code: c00d3704), market starts working and suddenly crashes on opening, takes a long while to get back up and running.
    07-08-2016 12:52 AM
    The screen on my Lumia 950XL Dual Sim Black(RM-1116) shows pinkish tint on Pure White background while tilting the screen. That is the only defect I could find. The color changes from Pure White to yellowish Pink(parallel to my head to 45 degrees tilt towards my feet)
    07-18-2016 10:27 PM
    Insider Build 14390 and latest firmware. Mine is having random reboots, it happens often when unlocking the phone and when just using it. It does not happen that often when in the charger. Removed the SD card. Did not solve the issue. I have these issues since the latest firmware update. Now I am back to 10586.494. Don't experience these issues today, just reinstalled it. Lets see what the week brings.
    Braineh likes this.
    07-19-2016 06:52 AM
    Screen goes off, sometimes a constant noise starts to play then.
    It keeps restarting and restarting until I connect the charger.
    Microsoft sucks, they are paying windows 10 mobile developers for nothing.
    No fu**ing efforts to make it better, just some random updates that don't do anything.
    Why do you even make phones? They don't sell well doesn't mean you can give up on your customers, it's stupid, we can't do anything.
    Braineh likes this.
    07-19-2016 07:25 AM
    Insider Build 14390 and latest firmware..
    Phone when receiving notifications just vibrates non stop. even after the notifications are done arriving on the phone . this usually happens until i pick up the phone or press the power button
    07-19-2016 10:52 AM
    On the current production build: once in a while the power button doesn't bring up the lock screen. Glance keeps showing. Pressing power again turns off glance. Pressing it again finally shows the lock screen. Minor annoyance only.
    Scott Pisciotta and MAK11 like this.
    07-19-2016 01:15 PM
    On the current production build: once in a while the power button doesn't bring up the lock screen. Glance keeps showing. Pressing power again turns off glance. Pressing it again finally shows the lock screen. Minor annoyance only.
    Build 14393, Firmware 00053.16236

I was having that issue as well. It became an annoyance when someone would call and I wouldn't be able to pick up since the display stayed off. Also had double tap to wake enabled which immediately brought up the lockscreen. From my experience it was related to the power button.

I reset the phone via the About screen. Which fixed the issue and no longer does it.

The new annoyance I have now is. The screen brightness will be switched to the lowest level randomly. Quickest fix is to lock/unlock the device which seems to refresh the level based on the ambient light sensor. Since it's doing it fresh after a phone reset and back restored, I doubt another reset would fix that issue. Prob an OS or firmware bug
    Last edited by lvalen91; 07-22-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    Matt Leib likes this.
    07-22-2016 12:10 AM
    Same firmware, Same build 1493.5 has this issue where I'm unable to interact with the display when calling into voicemail and when ending a call.
    07-29-2016 02:42 PM
    Does the bugs on the lumia 950 xl still draining the battery??
    Thinking on buying one.
    08-03-2016 01:16 PM
    Ive never had an issue. I use my 950xl as a home wifi as well and i get a solid 12-13 hrs on it all day before I plug it in. In normal use, I get 2 days easy of no charge usage.
    08-05-2016 07:17 PM
    Turn off background apps, no problem since then
    08-28-2016 06:58 AM
    On latest public non-insider build...

My and my wife's phones have both become restart monsters, almost to the point of being unusable. It's usually locking up when I unlock the phone and swipe up on the lock screen. It goes blank and unresponsive. Other times, it starts making a steady noise. Once this happened when call was coming in and I wasn't able to take the call. I'm getting extremely discouraged and the wife has said more than once she's about to go back to apple. :'(
    Braineh and Ryan Kwong like this.
    09-08-2016 02:53 PM

My and my wife's phones have both become restart monsters, almost to the point of being unusable. It's usually locking up when I unlock the phone and swipe up on the lock screen. It goes blank and unresponsive. Other times, it starts making a steady noise. Once this happened when call was coming in and I wasn't able to take the call. I'm getting extremely discouraged and the wife has said more than once she's about to go back to apple. :'(
    I'm experiencing something similar. Once every few days, when I turn on the screen and swipe up, the screen shows no pin input buttons. Power button turns off screen, but when I turn it back on, still no input buttons. Holding down the power button to power off the phone does nothing. The only way around this for me is do a battery pull.
    Braineh likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:34 PM

This is a tough one: I hate the suggestion of "hard reset", so I'll suggest a soft reset first. Given that it's happening to both phones, you could look for common apps that you have installed and try uninstalling them one at a time to see if it solves the problem, but my guess is that it's not an app causing the issue.

Last resort: hard reset.

I suppose you could also try jumping on the insider release preview ring (don't go slow or fast ring or you'll start getting RS2 builds which I'm guessing you don't want) or just wait for the next public build to see if that solves the issue.

P.S. - I completely agree, Go 'Noles! (What a game Monday night. Look at my profile pic close enough you'll see my horse is "wearing" an FSU hat and my shirt is sporting a Famous Jameis quote!)
    09-08-2016 03:36 PM
720 ... 2324252627 ...