Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I got my phone no more than 3 weeks ago and now it wont stop restarting. I waited for the battery to drain on its on and see if the fluke went away, but no luck. Anyone had the same problems recently
Mine was restarting every once in a while but I just went to the new insider build and I had a restart then a second one within 5 minutes while I was in MS chat for troubleshooting this afternoon. I'm sending it in to see if they can find out the cause or even reproduce it without taking up too much time. This is the only thing that is annoying me with this phone. I haven't had any problems with MS support, so hopefully all goes well when I eventually get it back into my hands.

mook6_99

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 950 XL ran into a glitch while being restored with the Windows Device Recovery Software and the phone became completely wiped. This happened nearly a month ago (6th of January) and I am still waiting for the device to come back from being repaired, has anyone else had issues with repairs taking a long time?

I have called and there is no new information.

richardmalec

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with video recording on 950xl where the video freezes for a short time, I have tried 4k, 1080p at all fps and get the same issue, this shouldn't be happening?

nvally

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Sd card

Anyone having issues with video recording on 950xl where the video freezes for a short time, I have tried 4k, 1080p at all fps and get the same issue, this shouldn't be happening?

Try to save your video on the phone, not on Sd Card. Or you should buy a faster Sd card.

Loreto 10

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL is running build 10.0.10586.63 I have opted out of the Insider program and have limited myself to production builds only..
I am satisfied with the 950XL and the phone has lived up to most of my expectations..however my only gripe with the 950XL..is to do with its build quality of the phone..now I am not complaining about the plastic casing..I actually like the idea of a plastic casing..easier to replace if scratched..But the tactile feel of the volume up & down and the power keys leaves a lot to be desired..they feel kinda loose in their sockets and make the phone feel chinzy..
Aprart from the build the OS still feels unfinished and needs some refinement..Here is a list of bugs that I have had so far..
- The phone restarts a lot by itself..I think at least 3-5 times/day
- The photos app has crashed on me a couple of times over the last week
- Photo alignment gets offset and jumbled up when scrolling images in an album
- Edge browser is awesome with its speed and UI..I feel like I am browsing on my laptop..However..the browser has some refinement issues too..many of the clickable links don't function properly..I mean I want to click a website link from the search results and many a time..the phone ends up selected the text for a copy paste function rather than taking me the webpage linked to the hyperlink..

That's all I can think of right now..
and
Despite all the bugs the Windows 10 mobile has a ton of features when compared to windows 8.1 and feels more like a fully customizable desktop OS than a barebones mobile/tablet OS, which is good in terms of productivity (apps like Office, Outlook Calendar, Wunderlist, Notiny, Edge that sync seamlessly with your desktop OS..a feature that android and iOS do not offer)..But windows 10 mobile still has stability issues..& with so many cry babies out there..Microsoft needs to iron their OS to be taken seriously..

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950 XL is running build 10.0.10586.63 I have opted out of the Insider program and have limited myself to production builds only..
Same here. It's hard enough to work around the bugs without having to get used to new ones on a regular basis. :) I have to say, apart from the couple well-know issues (caller echo when Hey Cortana is on, lack of visual voicemail, navigation prompts come over voice call profile) I find the OS remarably stable lately. The phone no longer gets hot often if ever at all.

One minor thing: the shutdown procedure seems a little unclear. It takes a long time (half a minute?) to be able to restart again, but during this time there's nothing on the screen saying that shutdown is still in progress.

Also, if in the car I ask cortana "Shuffle my music" she says 'Alright, playing your music" or something like that, but often the music doesn't start. In other cases the screen will show a rotating pattern of dots, as if Groove is working on the playlist and not finishing.

Oh, and the track info often doesn't display on my car's head unit, even though Groove clearly has the right info. This never happened on WP8.1.

OK, so still some issues I guess, but no show stopping bugs so far.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Not sure about whether it's a built issue or whether it's an issue with the App. Just received a Facebook Messenger message and the phone showed the banner for it and the vibration constantly on. Had to take the battery out to fix (guess that's why they made the battery accessible!). Using build .71 with the old firmware as it's not out in my region yet.

Also had a few random reboots as well.

earthbellybutton

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I got OS build 10.0.10586.29. Yesterday, I had the speakers plug in my phone and I try to listen fm radio. I tap the dots menu and I did try to listen via phone speakers, but then the phone reboots. I had been trying a couple of times but the same results. Remove the battery, same results. My husband phone is working fine when he does the switch, from the speakers to the phone speakers. My question is: do you think this problem can be fix by a software update or I should return the phone ?!

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a strange mark just under the bottom left hand corner of the speaker, and it appears to be a glue mark under the glass... Solutions?

Same here! I just noticed it 2 weeks ago... I've tried everything to get rid of it (I thought it was a smudge at first)... Haven't been able to do anything about it.

Mine is even in the same spot as yours!

earthbellybutton

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I got OS build 10.0.10586.29. Yesterday, I had the speakers plug in my phone and I try to listen fm radio. I tap the dots menu and I did try to listen via phone speakers, but then the phone reboots. I had been trying a couple of times but the same results. Remove the battery, same results. My husband phone is working fine when he does the switch, from the speakers to the phone speakers. My question is: do you think this problem can be fix by a software update or I should return the phone ?!
Sorted out: Hard reset ��

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I am satisfied with the 950XL and the phone has lived up to most of my expectations..however my only gripe with the 950XL..is to do with its build quality of the phone..now I am not complaining about the plastic casing..I actually like the idea of a plastic casing..easier to replace if scratched..But the tactile feel of the volume up & down and the power keys leaves a lot to be desired..they feel kinda loose in their sockets and make the phone feel chinzy..
Aprart from the build the OS still feels unfinished and needs some refinement..Here is a list of bugs that I have had so far..
- The phone restarts a lot by itself..I think at least 3-5 times/day
- The photos app has crashed on me a couple of times over the last week
- Photo alignment gets offset and jumbled up when scrolling images in an album
- Edge browser is awesome with its speed and UI..I feel like I am browsing on my laptop..However..the browser has some refinement issues too..many of the clickable links don't function properly..I mean I want to click a website link from the search results and many a time..the phone ends up selected the text for a copy paste function rather than taking me the webpage linked to the hyperlink..

That's all I can think of right now..
and
Despite all the bugs the Windows 10 mobile has a ton of features when compared to windows 8.1 and feels more like a fully customizable desktop OS than a barebones mobile/tablet OS, which is good in terms of productivity (apps like Office, Outlook Calendar, Wunderlist, Notiny, Edge that sync seamlessly with your desktop OS..a feature that android and iOS do not offer)..But windows 10 mobile still has stability issues..& with so many cry babies out there..Microsoft needs to iron their OS to be taken seriously..

To add to this post my main gripe is that plastic they have chosen is the most slippery I have seen on a phone, using with one hand is very dangerous, have to try and avoid using a phone until I can use both hands (not having longest fingers btw)...
Case would probably solve that, but it adds to size and I like to enjoy phone as it is.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
When connected via Bluetooth if I turn off the Bluetooth device I get the phone still trying to play sounds via it. Fixed on restart.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
New one for me: on my linked inbox (four accounts) while checking mail I see progress dots running along the top, and they never stop running.

Edit: this has since resolved itself, maybe server issues

Last edited:

yannisnm

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Guys something's got to be done with this annoying restart reboot all the time, Also there is liittle bug of loosing the signal during the call. Unfortunately in my country MS dosnt support phones. So can someone pass these complains to MS so she can fix the bugs or provide me a link to complain. (950 XL Dual SIM)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This one is hit or miss, but often the iris scanner doesn't come on until the audio popover (track info, pause, skip) has closed. That's kind of annoying. You hit power to quickly unlock, and then you have to wait for two or three seconds before the phone even tries to recognize you.

Happens at least with podcast lounge for me, but I think others as well. Maybe it's a WP8.1 app issue?

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit that the latest update was quite good... :) no hissing noise, no hanging apps... faster "multitasking" I am impressed... Now I just need the 5.1 audio recording and I am ok :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3