02-10-2018 01:06 PM
720 ... 2526272829
tools
    Same problem with my 950 xl. No matter what the build is, whether Anniversary update or RS2. This problem is driving me crazy. Plus the phone often shuts down randomly with a brief green on screen.
    Had the same problem. My solution was to get a new battery through a third party reseller - now all problems are gone. Give it a go. :)
    10-19-2016 07:39 PM
    Had the same problem. My solution was to get a new battery through a third party reseller - now all problems are gone. Give it a go. :)
    Thanks. Will have to find a place to buy a new battery in India. Have not been able to find one.
    10-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Here are some issues that still need resolving for the Lumia 950 and 950XL:

- Brightness toggle is not responsive at times until you lock and unlock the screen (using the power button).

- Brightness doesn't go as dim like previous Lumias (where there was a hidden option to lower the brightness further) or other AMOLED phones e.g. Samsung S6, S7 etc. The screen is still very bright despite being on the lowest brightness setting which isn't good for night reading. Hopefully Microsoft will address this issue soon.
    10-29-2016 12:33 AM
    hello everyone, im having the random goodbye / blackout screen / phone will not boot back up until plugged in.

i find it very frustrating and sad, in 1) how much i paid for the lumia 950 xl at launch, and 2) how poorly supported these kinds of bugs in the operating system are.

Microsoft wonders why people are jumping ship? the support simply sucks. if this device doesn't sort itself out soon (i have done a hard reset and all of the other fixes people have mentioned, i will be trying a replacement battery next) i will be putting this POS up for sale and getting something that has a stable operating system and doesn't crash 6 million times in a given day.

im pissed because i have been a diehard nokia / MS supported of their mobile phones from day one (yes the novelty of a bad *** camera has worn off).
    11-02-2016 07:40 PM
    Well, all I can tell you is I'm glad that I switched my battery. I got no problems anymore since I did + the battery I've pulled out is now twice as thick as it should be. I guess a bit longer and my Lumia would have turned into a Galaxy Note 7. :D
    11-02-2016 08:34 PM
    Omar Ishak i noticed same thing when i try to restart my phone. Goodbye screen stays there like 3 min,then i can't start phone.
    This is since last windows update. Try to press and hold power and vol + until phone vibrate ...that boot up my phone every time. No need for power cable.
    11-06-2016 07:40 AM
    Little update on dead front camera, finally sent it for a repair (had error code: c00d3704), this is the second time it goes because of the same problem.

Phone got sent over to Ukraine, they probably change internals so i will have my 3rd imei on my phone. :D Phone will be back hopefully next week, already miss the phone.
    11-06-2016 10:44 PM
    dude, why in the world are you on Insider? mobile is not something you should have Insider on if you all ready have win10. Your production build is fine. I run my 950xl stock: it works100% all the time no complaints. My 640xl, however is on Insider. 640 came with win8.1 so thats why i ran Insider. Last update, i ran into the same problem as you after having a previously stable build. Im always having issues and complaints with my 640xl. My suggestion, roll back production. Im a hard core user. Excel spreadsheets, programme strings, photo editing, PowerPoint presentations, email, continuum, bluetooth keyboards, and active precision stylus - all on production build. YOU DONT NEED INSIDER!
    11-08-2016 12:06 AM
    So i got back my XL, front camera module and something related to battery was replaced.. Now i have working front camera once again, hope it lasts.
    11-19-2016 01:55 AM
    This is happening to me as well and im a day one windows supporter both my 1020 and 950xl are doing the same thing and im pretty fed up and just want to move away at this point.
    11-19-2016 08:33 AM
    Well, all I can tell you is I'm glad that I switched my battery. I got no problems anymore since I did + the battery I've pulled out is now twice as thick as it should be. I guess a bit longer and my Lumia would have turned into a Galaxy Note 7. :D
    11-19-2016 09:27 AM
    Have sent my battery for replacement through Microsoft care. They have no idea when they'll get the replacement battery. The Microsoft India twitter support is pathetic. They don't answer anything, just keep sharing one link after another to click! There are also no resellers for the battery in India, neither online nor any physical shop. LLets see how much time it takes for Microsoft to provide me the replacement battery!
    11-19-2016 08:19 PM
    DIM SCREEN BUG FIXED.................
    I had screen dim problems for many months which got worse in time. Sometimes the screen would turn on dim other times it would simply go dim when I needed to see the screen to continue and couldn't until turning phone off and back on. I was almost ready to give up on finding a solution when I decided to open the battery compartment and clean all contacts for battery, sim, SDRAM and reassemble. Walla the phone works like new and has been working perfectly for a couple months now with no further issues. The problem was with contacts (I assume battery contacts) but by cleaning and re-inserting all plug-ins the problem was cured and has stayed that way. ANSWER: BATTERY CONTACTS
    Bretagne1989 likes this.
    11-21-2016 01:27 PM
    So I've had my 950XL for about nine months now, and in the last few weeks it's developed the whole random reboots issue. At first only when the battery got below 30%, but now it can do so when it's as high as 50%. Sometimes it just shuts off abruptly and takes a while to restart; and on one occasion it's turned itself back on a while after I've turned it off. Usually it just goes straight to black, but occasionally there's a flash of green.

In the last day or so, I've started getting interference on the screen - like, flickering horizontal bars in a slightly brighter or darker (not sure which) version of the same colour. I had been planning on getting a new battery, but I'm not sure whether, given this new development, it's actually a battery issue or something wrong with the phone itself. Any advice?
    11-23-2016 01:25 PM
    Exactly the behavior I got before I switched my battery. Get a new one, my phone is workin flawlessly again since I switched it. Also the original battery was bloating around four weeks after taking it of the phone, so I'm quite happy.
    11-23-2016 01:31 PM
    So I've had my 950XL for about nine months now, and in the last few weeks it's developed the whole random reboots issue. At first only when the battery got below 30%, but now it can do so when it's as high as 50%. Sometimes it just shuts off abruptly and takes a while to restart; and on one occasion it's turned itself back on a while after I've turned it off. Usually it just goes straight to black, but occasionally there's a flash of green.

In the last day or so, I've started getting interference on the screen - like, flickering horizontal bars in a slightly brighter or darker (not sure which) version of the same colour. I had been planning on getting a new battery, but I'm not sure whether, given this new development, it's actually a battery issue or something wrong with the phone itself. Any advice?
    Exact problem I was having. Have sent the battery for replacement. It's been around 28 days. Still waiting for the replacement battery. Hoping that i get the battery soon and that it solves the problem.
    Its amazing that despite this issue being such a wide sspread one, there has been absolutely no acknowledgement by Microsoft!
    11-23-2016 03:14 PM
    Are you still having trouble with the phone restarting on its own?
    zimilaci likes this.
    11-24-2016 11:06 AM
    I have received the new battery today. Have inserted it. Has been about an hour, it has not restarted so far. But I have noticed screen flickering issue a few times which was there when I decided to get the battery replaced. Lets see how it goes.
    11-25-2016 08:03 AM
    The screen flickering is not going away. This is frustrating.
    11-25-2016 12:20 PM
    Try to clean your battery contacts in your phone and on the battery.
    Also clean the contacts on your plugins as sim and sdcard as well.
    11-26-2016 11:44 PM
    Try to clean your battery contacts in your phone and on the battery.
    Also clean the contacts on your plugins as sim and sdcard as well.
    How to clean the contacts? I have tried with a soft cloth, but to no avail. I know liquid should not be used.

There is a continuation of this issue, when the battery gets charged to about 99%, the screen turns green and the starts to flicker with horizontal lines running across and finally it looks like all the colour has been sucked out from the screen leaving behind just pale light yellow colour on the screen.
    11-27-2016 02:47 AM
    I have not found any issues yet
    12-03-2016 12:50 PM
    I have a problem when you can hear hissing sound while typing. And then the speaker pops and the hissing sound ends.
    12-07-2016 10:29 AM
    Same is happening to me.... before the update I had no such problem....

any solution besides buying a new battery?
    01-17-2017 06:35 AM
    Microphone is at an unusable level. Requires use of blue tooth headset. Confirmed with recording app. Automatic switch to speaker disabled.
    01-21-2017 12:47 PM
720 ... 2526272829