02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 12345 ...
tools
    Having this same issue too, not sure what to do about it. Definitely doesn't happen on my 928.
    "No graphics on outlook mail"

Having the same issue here never happen on my 1520
    KjBleau, dbdayton and Eaglefinder like this.
    11-27-2015 11:55 AM
    Has anyone else had their phone restart itself randomly without prompt for absolutely no reason? I've had my phone in front of my for 30 minutes and it restarted itself about 4 times.
    Um.... My phone has locked me out of it for two hours for Security Reasons.... um....
    11-27-2015 12:18 PM
    Starting to have the same issues others are reporting:

* 5GHz connections stop working if idle too long. Have to reboot to get them back.

* Auto-brightness is totally broken. I like to keep the brightness low (10-15%) but whenever I wake the phone back up, it resets to 50%. Weird thing is that settings still shows it set where I had it. If I reboot the phone, brightness and the setting will be at 50%. If I turn auto-brightness off, brightness doesn't change when I turn the screen on and off. But it still resets to 50% when I reboot (but the setting doesn't compared to when auto-brightness is on).

* Bluetooth connection is flaky. Especially with a Band 1. I have a hard time keeping them connected especially if I reboot.

* Random reboot overnight.

I think the brightness bug is what's destroying my battery life because it's pretty poor so far.
    11-27-2015 12:22 PM
    I have actually had this happen with my ASUS RT-AC87R. I had initially set it up once with my 5GHz network, and it was working fine for a few hours till I found it back on my mobile network. I opened Wi-Fi settings and it listed nothing even after I waited a moment for it to search. Toggling Wi-Fi on and off did nothing to remedy this. I rebooted the device and everything worked normally, though it happened one more time an hour or two later, and this time when I went into Wi-Fi settings it only displayed 2.4 GHz networks and would not display my 5 GHz one. Again I rebooted my device, and it has worked fine since.
    I have the same exact issue with my router (RT-N66U).
    11-27-2015 01:25 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I've just received my 950 XL today.

For some reason, when I charge my 950 XL with the included usb C charger, if i disconnect it and plug it back it it won't charge unless i reboot the phone. Ex. phone is charging fine, disconnect phone, plug it back in and it won't charge. Reboot and it works again. Any one else have this issue?
    I've discovered a bug related to the charger/charging, it's different than yours though. With the charger unplugged from the wall or power outlet, if you plug the USB Type-C connector to the phone, it will make the charging sound as if it's started charging, and the charging icon also appears. The status will disappear after 5-10 seconds, but if you keep leaving the charging cable plugged to the phone, after another 5-10 seconds it will make the charging sound again. The charger is completely unplugged from the wall. I tried checking this with the data cable that came with the phone, it doesn't have the same problem.

Can anyone else try this? I hope this is only a software bug that can be fixed with future updates.
    Bartdog likes this.
    11-27-2015 01:38 PM
    One issue I'm having is that the Lumia 950 XL only charges from 2of4 of my qi Wireless Chargers:
    Charging from DT-903 works just fine.
    Charging from MD-100W works just fine.
    Charging from DT-910 does NOT work at all.
    Charging from CR-201 does NOT work at all.

My Lumia 1520 works fine on all 4 of these qi wireless chargers.
    greynightshirt likes this.
    11-27-2015 01:54 PM
    Has anyone else had their phone restart itself randomly without prompt for absolutely no reason? I've had my phone in front of my for 30 minutes and it restarted itself about 4 times.
    That's exactly what has been happening for me. It basically renders the phone unusable.
    11-27-2015 02:10 PM
    So far I am very unimpressed with battery life.
    Barely getting 12 hours of use before battery going critical.
    This is with moderate usage, no gaming.
    It seems the screen is absolutely draining the battery. I tried reducing brightness to 25% but does not seem to make much a difference so car.
    I woke up at 4:30 today and it was down to 60% by noon and I was not talking on it more than 10 minutes and had some moderate web surfing for black friday deals.

Mail will not download any images no matter what I do. This is consistent across my outlook, gmail, and verizon accounts.

Brightness seems to have a mind of its own. I set to 25% but then it seems to get brighter on its own.
    ferretzombie and KjBleau like this.
    11-27-2015 02:17 PM
    I am having the same battery life issues. This is the third day of full charging. Woke up this morning at 100% and it's at 56% 3 hours later - location and Bluetooth off, not one phone call. Simply reading news and adjusting settings. I am also having the same issue with brightness control - it has a mind of its own.

I have been waiting for this device since July. I was an avid Apple fan, but tired of the locked down system, then got a Samsung Note Edge and hated Android. I had a Lumia 640 that I paid $50 for at Wal-Mart to test Windows in the interim. Loved it. Great battery, flawless transitions, no app crashes. I was excited to get the Lumia 950XL which I paid full price for from Microsoft since no carrier was carrying it. After using it now for several days, I'm somewhat satisfied, but the battery life on this phone, especially given the great specs, has much to be desired. I hope this gets fixed soon as my frustration level is high and if I need to go back to another OS, MSFT will lose me forever because I can't keep holding out hope for promises and rumors that never materialize.
    KjBleau and Expat-GAD like this.
    11-27-2015 02:38 PM
    There is a post in the Microsoft Community forums about the Outlook image issue (which I am having as well). People have reported that doing a reset will solve it but I haven't tried yet because I'm assuming that they are talking about a software reset which would be annoying to do at this point.
    LuvMeSomeWP and JettleMania like this.
    11-27-2015 02:43 PM
    I am having no Outlook image issues - running WM10 on a L920, L1520, 950 XL, L520 (and friend's) L1020
    11-27-2015 02:58 PM
    Will go on record for the poor battery life, the images missing in email and poor brightness control as well. Sluggish apps I put down to installing on the SD card. May see if I can figure out how to move them to see if that makes any difference.
    RJD1 likes this.
    11-27-2015 03:10 PM
    Battery life on 950XL was not nearly as good as my 1520 with latest WI build on first couple of recharges. I have now gone below 20% three consecutive times and the battery life is getting better each time. I am still not getting a full day of use when using for email, web, music, corp email but getting close.

and, I am having the mail photos issue as well - MSFT will hopefully respond quickly as many of these phones will go back and no more sellouts by us loyalists...
    Last edited by RJD1; 11-27-2015 at 04:09 PM.
    11-27-2015 03:36 PM
    One issue I'm having is that the Lumia 950 XL only charges from 2of4 of my qi Wireless Chargers:
    Charging from DT-903 works just fine.
    Charging from MD-100W works just fine.
    Charging from DT-910 does NOT work at all.
    Charging from CR-201 does NOT work at all.

My Lumia 1520 works fine on all 4 of these qi wireless chargers.
    It works fine with my Spigen F300W wireless charger.
    11-27-2015 03:37 PM
    Same issue. I'm a heavy emailer, too. Sucks.
    11-27-2015 03:39 PM
    My Lumia 950xl keeps restarting randomly. Also when app trashing phone restarts.
    11-27-2015 04:15 PM
    Here's one involving languages. Go into set up to languages and you are offered the chance to "Add a language". To me, addition means to get something in addition to what you had so I decided to add French. Well, it didn't just add it, it changed the language to French. No big deal, change back to English which remains on the phone - or so I thought. Yes, it indicates that English is still on the phone, but you can't change to it. So, it appears that you can't add a language, only change one. This is odd. I got an international 640XL and could change languages. No idea what the reasoning is here.
    <TED>
    11-27-2015 06:04 PM
    Yes I have mine propped up on a stand within visual range and have noticed it reboot without warning at least 4 times. Twice yesterday and at least twice That i have seen today. take note that yesterday mine would report that it had rebooted. Today it is not saying anything. So there is a possibility that the phone has rebooted more than twice and i have been out of the room or just didn't notice. Not impressed so far.
    11-27-2015 06:22 PM
    I can't sem to receive MMS messages on TMobile. I can send them, but I can't receive.
    11-27-2015 07:33 PM
    I can't download word suggestions for the Canadian English keyboard
    11-27-2015 07:41 PM
    If your phone is rebooting itself randomly, my advice is attempt a hard/software reset and do NOT restore it from backup. Failing that, it's possibly a hardware defect and should be replaced. At least one person I know had this issue and is replacing hers.

All of the other issues I've seen listed are a combination of known bugs in the W10M build installed on these (10586.0) versus latest Insider Preview-- 10586.11. So hopefully that's good news for most of us coping with those bugs, and this includes the battery life issues. EDIT: I had crappy battery life on my 640 with 10581 Preview build and 10586.11 was great with battery, so I'll expect that we see this build or newer in very near future.

Also, if you are experiencing severe battery drain, my advice is disable Windows Hello for now. Also regarding Windows Hello, I'd love to have audible instructions for those of us who wear glasses and are blind as bats (yeah, I'm 20/2000 vision so I count in that), but calling it "unusable" just makes you sound snobby. Relax... just lower the glasses on your nose enough to look over it and watch the green bar. If it turns yellow, move closer or further from the phone.
    snakebitten likes this.
    11-27-2015 08:50 PM
    This will be a two part reply addressing both personal experience issues with the 950xl and some solutions as I travel the learning curve. This model is my first foray into the Windows Phone world so please bear with me.

1. The LTE connectivity issues on AT&T was a headache with my international unlocked dual SIM model. The solution however was quite simple. As long as the SIM is an LTE compatible AT&T variant, one need only call AT&T and register the IDEI number of the device. The particular representative I spoke with need to simply verify my account and then update it. That was it. After shutting down (NOT a soft or hard reset) and restarting the Lumia I needed to go back into Settings->Network & Wireless->Cellular & SIM and then turn Data Connection back to 'On'. DO NOT alter the SIM card APN settings as it isn't necessary. You can also do the update through the SIM card but it is easier to just shut the phone off and then turn it back on.

2. APP compatibility. I expected this as it is a new OS but I must admit that it is very frustrating to discover that some apps are incompatible, others crash at startup, yet others still are unstable to the degree that a soft reset is the solution to recovering from their execution. An annoyance but not brand killing

3. Intermediate sounds. Sounds such as the keys on the keyboard ticking or other UI do not always emit.

4. The novelty of Windows Hello is enduring but when it tells me that it is looking for me I am not always sure where exactly it might be looking.

5. The Lock Screen, and this is more a personal preference issue rather than a 'bug', should allow ANY app in quick status (Like the calculator!).

6. Edge is often slow or even becomes unresponsive. Initially I believed this to be a website or connectivity issue but have discovered through use at multiple access points that this is specifically a Browser problem. How or where can I tweak settings for Edge (if possible on the phone)?

7. I've gotten Black Screened but still have had the navigation bar as I pilot through the device. For example: swiping back from the apps to the Start Screen it will swipe instead to a black screen with nav. bar. If I lock the device and then reopen the Start Screen is back.
    11-27-2015 09:09 PM
    Probably more of a WP10 defect, but I was not happy that the downloaded USA map on my SD card didn't get recognized by the 950XL. Had to download the whole 4GB+ thing again, which is somehow going very slowly over a fast Wifi connection. Took about 6h after all the apps downloaded. Not great.
    11-27-2015 11:33 PM
    Fixed my Tmobile MMS issues... Removing the APN settings fixed the problem a hard reset.
    11-27-2015 11:37 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me and try plugging in the charging cable (the one permanently attached to the charger) with the actual charger unplugged from the power outlet? For some reason my 950 XL will still make the charging sound and status with just the charging cable being plugged.

Thanks in advance.

11-28-2015 12:39 AM
720 12345 ...