02-10-2018 02:06 PM
720 ... 45678 ...
tools
    i wish and probably expect a new build released before christmas. This build was compiled 4th of november so there was a month to make adjustments.
    11-30-2015 10:55 AM
    Well, at least they're prepping to make the 950 (and presumably the 950XL) part of the insider preview:

Musicman247 likes this.
    11-30-2015 11:53 AM
    Joe 920,

Really good news! Dual SIM support will be required since they surprisingly released it amongst US consumers. And, to be honest, my 1520 runs 10586.11 much better than my 950XL runs 10586. I will immediately enroll the 950XL in preview!
    11-30-2015 12:46 PM
    As I write this I have just seen this start to happen and it wiped out the playlist that I just created a few minutes ago. I want to love this phone but it's sure making it hard.

Yesterday after all app updates Groove updated info for 4000+ songs. Today it started updating songs again, even though I have not added anything. That can't be good for battery life.
    11-30-2015 05:35 PM
    Yes... I'm having this issue as well

Data sync cable not working

I used the usb type c cable that came with the phone and connected it to my desktop and it will not recognize it also used it in usb outlet in my car for charging it and it wont charge anybody else have this problem
    11-30-2015 05:48 PM
    I am having an issue where none of my outlook emails can display images. I get the error:

The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.

I can't think of what may have caused this because when I first setup the phone I was able to click on the download email and images at the end of the message and everything displayed just fine. The only change I made today was connect to my work exchange server which does force an encryption policy.

So far searching shows that other folks have seen this with the outlook email client on Windows 10 desktop and all solutions point to creating a new account and deleting the old one. Well this is not possible on the phone unless you do a factory reset. Looking for options.
    11-30-2015 09:08 PM
    I am having an issue where none of my outlook emails can display images. I get the error:

The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.

I can't think of what may have caused this because when I first setup the phone I was able to click on the download email and images at the end of the message and everything displayed just fine. The only change I made today was connect to my work exchange server which does force an encryption policy.

So far searching shows that other folks have seen this with the outlook email client on Windows 10 desktop and all solutions point to creating a new account and deleting the old one. Well this is not possible on the phone unless you do a factory reset. Looking for options.
    Search for this thread in the forums. I'm still too new to post links apparently. "why-email-doesnt-shown-graphics"
    11-30-2015 09:28 PM
    My friend texted a bunch of pictures to my phone (950xl) from her iPhone 6. When I open the pictures, they're all thumbnail size. When I save the pictures, they're still thumbnail size. What gives?
    11-30-2015 10:50 PM
    Joe 920,

Really good news! Dual SIM support will be required since they surprisingly released it amongst US consumers. And, to be honest, my 1520 runs 10586.11 much better than my 950XL runs 10586. I will immediately enroll the 950XL in preview!
    I had the same feeling with my 930... Enrolled in the insiders program yesterday so hoping for a new build soon...

For now I just can't use Bluetooth because when it is enabled and connected to my band 2 or my car, my phone just reboots after 15 seconds in a phone call...
    12-01-2015 01:26 AM
    Does anyone have issue with bad photo quality when you choose infinity focus in manual focus mode? 950 XL photos with infinity focus looks really bad and blurry and my 1020 doesn't have this issue. Looks like my 950 XL can't focus on "infinity" properly and I hope that this is software issue and not hardware fault.
    12-01-2015 02:23 AM
    Does anyone have issue with bad photo quality when you choose infinity focus in manual focus mode? 950 XL photos with infinity focus looks really bad and blurry and my 1020 doesn't have this issue. Looks like my 950 XL can't focus on "infinity" properly and I hope that this is software issue and not hardware fault.
    I tried taking a picture of the moon last night and it didn't turn out very well. But I don't really know how it normally is
    12-01-2015 02:07 PM
    I get this error when connecting my 950 XL to either USB3.0 ports on my laptop

12-01-2015 02:50 PM
    OK this was weird, I got a call, Hello came on, cell reception dropped to zero before I could pick up, and once the call was disconnected (due to reception dropping), cell reception came back at full power. I really hope that this was a one time glitch, because if I can't use it as a phone it's game over.
    12-01-2015 02:58 PM
    There is a post in the Microsoft Community forums about the Outlook image issue (which I am having as well). People have reported that doing a reset will solve it but I haven't tried yet because I'm assuming that they are talking about a software reset which would be annoying to do at this point.
    The reset definitely worked for me. (And I did not restore a backup.)
    12-01-2015 03:33 PM
    Visual voicemail is not working on my phone... anyone else having this issue?
    Yes, for sure Visual Voice Mail (VVM) does not work on the 950xl.
    12-01-2015 03:36 PM
    I have the same problem. The Band 2 is connected via blue tooth but can't sync. I've reinstalled the software and cycled power on both the Band and the XL. In addition I've repaired the Band. It is interesting to note that this occurred after the update the phone suggested and that the options for pairing on the Band 2 included only "Pair to iPhone".
    I had this problem. Try factory resetting your band 2 and try again. This worked for me.
    12-01-2015 03:39 PM
    I get this error when connecting my 950 XL to either USB3.0 ports on my laptop
    Does the standard allow ports to put out different levels of power and still be USB3? Maybe that model laptop can't supply the power the phone want's to recharge.

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? I know a lot of 3rd party cables don't work right.
    12-01-2015 03:50 PM

Unfortunately, only a factory reset fixed this for me. (And I did not restore from a backup.)
    12-01-2015 03:54 PM
    I bought two 950XLs for the wife and my self. BOTH of the phones have the same problem. No data, no MMS messaging (neither send nor receive). I have called ATT support twice and gone to their device support center once. [I have made an appointment at the Microsoft Store and they were no help whatsoever, pulling up threads in this very forum that I was already familiar with. I have also done the online chat and they said to check with my carrier. DOH] I have entered all the correct apn settings and tried different combinations. I even went out to the floor model of the 950 and copied the settings it had. The name of the apn was slightly different for internet, and the MMS apn was not visible. There was an extra setting to use enhanced lte speed, which our phones don't have.

One idea I have is to buy two 950's from ATT on contract, swap out the sims and then return the 950's (IF the 950XLs start working of course). If that crazy idea doesn't work, I'm afraid I'll have to return both of them to the Microsoft store.

Any chance that will actually work?
    12-01-2015 09:18 PM
    Does the standard allow ports to put out different levels of power and still be USB3? Maybe that model laptop can't supply the power the phone want's to recharge.

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? I know a lot of 3rd party cables don't work right.
    i don't know anything regarding the standard. I was using the data cable that came with the 950 XL
    12-01-2015 10:07 PM
    The reset definitely worked for me. (And I did not restore a backup.)
    I did do the reset AND restored from backup and it still solved my Outlook images problem. With restoring from backup, doing a reset is almost painless (except for the old apps you might still have that don't save their settings in the backup).
    12-02-2015 01:58 AM
    Hmmm, ever since I got my XL we started to have connectivity problems in our house. I never thought that it was the XL causing the problem. We have laptops and tablets that lose their connections and cannot reconnect. We have to reset the router. Are you saying that you force the XL to connect on the 5ghz band? How do you do that?
    12-02-2015 08:23 AM
    Hmmm, ever since I got my XL we started to have connectivity problems in our house. I never thought that it was the XL causing the problem. We have laptops and tablets that lose their connections and cannot reconnect. We have to reset the router. Are you saying that you force the XL to connect on the 5ghz band? How do you do that?
    Quite a few of us are experiencing WiFi connectivity issues with our dual band routers. No fix that I know of yet.
    12-02-2015 10:04 AM
    I would like to know if anyone has found a setting, maybe in the equalizer or elsewhere, that would make the sound quality of the phone tolerable? I am experiencing some of the same issues as a lot of you guys, and gals, and nothing that I absolutely can't live with, until MS fixes the bugs. BUT, I would rather take a beating then to listen to anything that is coming from my speaker...grrrrrr! I am hopeful it is my fault, and "I am just out of adjustment" (wouldn't be the first instance). Please help if you can, or I may wind-up pulling a Vincent van Gogh. Thanks!
    12-02-2015 10:32 AM
    I would like to know if anyone has found a setting, maybe in the equalizer or elsewhere, that would make the sound quality of the phone tolerable? I am experiencing some of the same issues as a lot of you guys, and gals, and nothing that I absolutely can't live with, until MS fixes the bugs. BUT, I would rather take a beating then to listen to anything that is coming from my speaker...grrrrrr! I am hopeful it is my fault, and "I am just out of adjustment" (wouldn't be the first instance). Please help if you can, or I may wind-up pulling a Vincent van Gogh. Thanks!
    Hey there,

The equalizer can be found under the settings and then extras .

What Audio problems are you experiencing?
    12-02-2015 10:45 AM
720 ... 45678 ...