Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
First real fault for me on .29... Was wireless charging my phone, sent a text via Cortana on my PC, the phone half woke up (top half of the screen woke up whilst the rest was black), vibrated like mad non-stop for about a minute before restarting its self.. HMM

Delitus

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
On my 950 XL, there are faint bands of what appears to be glue marks visible on the very bottom of the screen (where the on-screen buttons would be). They are only visible when viewed from an angle, and under direct light; it is very difficult to see when the screen is on.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Had two issues with the camera over the last two days. Firstly had a 'split screen' effect when recording video. Was also there when I played the video back but thankfully disappeared after a reboot. Secondly, my camera just locked up after taking a photo. The photo never appeared in my camera roll. Had to reboot to get the camera working again.

EDIT: also forgot to say, I can't get my phone to pair with car via Bluetooth at all. It doesn't even find it. My 1020 and 635 both pair fine.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My driving directions have started working as well, they didn't after the 29 update, but tried again today and they were working. I don't think maps has updated but I can't see how to check that like you could in 8.1

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried every game since I updated the device. Very gpu driven games like asphalt 8, dungeon hunter 5, minion rush and mass effect. None of these games make my unit warm, but for some reason candy crush soda makes it pretty warm, not hot though, but just found it odd given the game. Not even the original candy crush saga does that. My guess is something to do with the application itself. So not going to see this as an issue really. The battery has been lasting pretty long for me even when gaming. Though I think it could last longer. In general .29 is pretty nice and stable and haven't experienced any big problems.

One small issue I have with mail is sometimes when I swipe right to delete it shows "deleted" but the mail still stays there. I think it only happens when I tap a mail notification to open mail. Doesn't happen if I open mail directly.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my 950 xl and although very excited I think the screen is no good. No matter what I display the screen is brighter one side than the other like on greys left side os bright right side darker grey. Has anyone else had this issue please?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my 950 xl and although very excited I think the screen is no good. No matter what I display the screen is brighter one side than the other like on greys left side os bright right side darker grey. Has anyone else had this issue please?

Hard reset, if it doesn't fix just return it for a new one.

Garry Charles

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed any poor call quality with the 950 xl, I don't know if it's me but I'm having really horrible call quality when holding the phone up to my right ear, holding it up to my left ear the quality is crystal clear.

Delitus

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
For the 950 XL, there is an audible 'click' when the speaker powers off. This happens after five seconds of silence since the last sound played, including system sounds, such as key presses. Not audible in an office environment, but definitely noticeable in a quiet room. It is quite jarring.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
but its kinda weird don't you think? For me the quality is equally good on both sides.....although....:

Your left ear is better than your right ear at receiving sounds from speech, whereas your right ear is more sensitive to sounds of music and song...

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
but its kinda weird don't you think? For me the quality is equally good on both sides.....although....:

Your left ear is better than your right ear at receiving sounds from speech, whereas your right ear is more sensitive to sounds of music and song...

yeap you seem right about this...I did notice that somehow, on my right ear, I hear the music much clearer and a little louder than on my left ear, when using headphones.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I noticed yesterday my speaker was emitting white noise when no app was in use at all. i had to power the phone off the stop it. I too, get the speaker click --but not every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven