Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I just returned from a trip to Florida using the Maps App and can say that it worked really well. It gave me basically the same route as HERE did (some slight difference, I think?). It does NOT have the adjustable Speed (or, over-the-speed) Limit Alert, and this "NEEDS TO BE ADDED SOON", some of the very useful data on the display is rather small (needs to allow you to touch the data displayed to enlarge it), and I didn't find an easy way to zoom in/out. But other than those, soon to be added (I HOPE), issues - I was able to get where I wanted to go, and back (I even took a very obscured route back, and the app picked it up - as well as a newly finished road/route/improvement recently completed). But! the BIG THING I NOTICED was, that: even with; the Display ON; Bluetooth ON; Wifi ON, it still CHARGED, faster than it Discharged...(which is NOT the case with my old 920). So when I arrived to my meeting, I had a FULLY Charged phone...halla-friggin-luya!

ninnghizzida

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed any poor call quality with the 950 xl, I don't know if it's me but I'm having really horrible call quality when holding the phone up to my right ear, holding it up to my left ear the quality is crystal clear.

Have your right ear checked. JK, I have had people complain about call quality but I haven't noticed if it varies with how I hold the phone.

Luis

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with Bluetooth pairing in my car as well (MG3). My 920 never had a problem pairing with my MG6 Turbo or my MG3 but the 950 took a few restarts and 20 minutes, but it found it and connected in the end. Keep trying!

Had two issues with the camera over the last two days. Firstly had a 'split screen' effect when recording video. Was also there when I played the video back but thankfully disappeared after a reboot. Secondly, my camera just locked up after taking a photo. The photo never appeared in my camera roll. Had to reboot to get the camera working again.

EDIT: also forgot to say, I can't get my phone to pair with car via Bluetooth at all. It doesn't even find it. My 1020 and 635 both pair fine.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else wake in the morning to find Cortana not working? Had it a couple of times now so have to restart.

Also woke to it saying too many failed hello logins. Pretty sure Cortana had stopped working and my usual quiet hours also, do remember beeps waking me in the night.

Seems to the only issue so far.

neJANIS

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Been using my 950XL for 5 days now and have been experiencing Wifi problem. After some time wifi (couple of hours) just doesn't work anymore, it has disconnected and says that there are no Wifi connections available (although there are plenty). Rebooting device helps and then the same thing happens again. Not sure whether this was a thing already before latest update. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Not sure whether I should bring phone to service center or it is a fixable software error.

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've searched but can't find any info so thought I'd ask here. I can't figure out a couple things. How do I save an image to my phone from Bing images? A long press does nothing and I can't find any on screen buttons for that option. The other thing is I can't figure out how to have more than one Edge page open at a time. I can have several apps open but only one internet page. Opening a new page replaces the old one. I knew how to do this in 8.1

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Open the image you want to save. Then click source image and a long press will allow you to save.

In the bottom left hand corner is a stack of two rectangles click on that and you will see the tabs you have open to open a new one press the +

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While the phone is locked, if you launch the camera and take a picture, then proceed to preview the picture take --> this disables Windows Hello =(

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice that when you send an voice note in Whatsapp it sounds so deep and almost in slow mo?

Yes I have the exact same thing, reported to whatsapp support many many times, and even sent some logs to analyze .... no update on this... but it annoys me as well....

you can record your audio message with the built in voice recorder and then share it... its a bit more work, but works just as fine as an interim solution....

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else's Cortana stop it's live tile? Maybe it's not supposed to always be on, but my 930 on 8.1was. Is it was always showing live updates and what I call breathing is the ring shape movement.

Seems to stop on this phone. Turn the start screen on after an hour or so and nothing until I go into Cortana's home page. Then it starts working again.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Data sync cable not working

I used the usb type c cable that came with the phone and connected it to my desktop and it will not recognize it also used it in usb outlet in my car for charging it and it wont charge anybody else have this problem

I've noticed the same issue with usb charger. I've found that if you plug in the charger and reboot the phone, it will start charging. Strange that this doesn't happen with QI chargers.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This phone has done my head over the last few days.

1) Phone wouldn't turn off properly. When I'd power it down, it would just black the screen. The phone itself would still be powered on, just not the screen. The infrared camera would attempt to look for me if I press the power button but the screen wouldn't come on. Had to reset the phone and this happened a few times.
2) Camera annoyed me due to failing to focus on what I wanted to. Took a few attempts to actually get it a picture taken in focus.
3) Trying to transfer pictures to my laptop and it kept crashing File Explorer. Had to copy the all the photos to my SD card to transfer them.

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This phone has done my head over the last few days.

1) Phone wouldn't turn off properly. When I'd power it down, it would just black the screen. The phone itself would still be powered on, just not the screen. The infrared camera would attempt to look for me if I press the power button but the screen wouldn't come on. Had to reset the phone and this happened a few times.
2) Camera annoyed me due to failing to focus on what I wanted to. Took a few attempts to actually get it a picture taken in focus.
3) Trying to transfer pictures to my laptop and it kept crashing File Explorer. Had to copy the all the photos to my SD card to transfer them.
Mine won't focus at all after the last OS update. 😓

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I powered up my phone this morning only to find a big exclamation point on the screen and then it kept trying to restart itself. I found information in another forum on how to reset it pushing a series of buttons and that got it going but not sure why it did that. It was fine last night.

LuckySXM

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine has horrible wifi download speed, even after rebooting both phone and router.
I have a optic fiber connexion with 50MB/s download and 8MB/s upload speed.
Upload speed is normal (7,55MB/s)
Download is anywhere between 0,2MB/s and 5MB/s, whereas with any other devices I have I get over 30MB/s, up to 45MB/s sometimes, and certainly never under 25MB/s.

Something's fishy...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786