Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

novass_cz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a problem with 950XL and i really don't want to look through 12 pages of comments. I connect my lumia with my car via bluetooth, and everything looks fine, but when i call the phone disconnects from the car on its own. Then after while it reconnects. Anyone else having similar issues? Is there any fix?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Had a TON of problems over the weekend:
Once again, the phone stopped recognizing my SD card, I had to pop it out and put it back in. It's done this now with two different cards, more than once. It kept dropping the WiFi at the restaurant I was at yesterday, over and over again. When I restarted the phone, it kept restarting itself over and over again. Then it got SUPER hot. Then it wouldn't start at all. Then Hello just disappeared and stopped working, so I had to disable and re-enable it. Seems to be working now, but holy cow, what a couple of frustrating hours.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know that in the hell is going on,

I have just recently installed the App: Truecaller (maybe a week ago), and over the weekend (Sunday) installed the App: ISeeVM. And today I was either hangging-up or unintentionally dialing back, very single friggin contact, AND/OR the screen was grayed out and a steady stream of ellipsis where crossing the top of my screen.

Last edited:

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Always ends up with red eyes when taking pictures :/ Never ever had any red eyes on my 1520.

Found out how to crash the UI
pick auto on Brightness and then put it at 0%
Go to startscreen
Now change the brightness to 25% in actioncenter.

butarra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
21/12/2015: CURRENT KNOWN FAULTS WITH THE MICROSOFT LUMIA 950XL WHICH WERE VERIFIED TODAY FROM MICROSOFT (Microsoft call centre help technician):

1. BATTERY OVERHEATING - Potentially can be fixed with software update, if software update can be performed

2. UNABLE TO UPDATE PHONE - EVEN AFTER SOFT AND HARD RESET

Other issues I have encountered with the Microsoft Lumia 950XL:
1.Fast draining battery, (lucky to last half a day)
2.Battery/Phone heating up randomly when not in use
2.Battery/Phone heating up when charging
4.Unable to do updates without WiFi
5.Unable to do updates with WiFi
6.Unable to do updates with data
7.Unable to do updates PERIOD.
8.Battery not charging via USB cable connected to computer
9.Low memory Error message when I have only used 5gig of memory
10.Software Recovery Tool not recognising the device

I have done a soft reset = no change, hard reset = no change

23/12/2015 Update: I have been trawling the forums for resolutions, and liaising with Microsoft chat help, and lastly phone help to no avail. Waiting for a call back...If no resolution, i will be going for a refund...

23/12/2015 Update: Exactly 1 week after purchase, the phone decided to update, finally, see how it goes...

Last edited:

Virtual Enigma

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Bought this Lumia 950xl 2 days ago. I've also installed peny 128 Gb micro sdXC card. Initially things were fine. But after installing build 10586.36 the 950xl started to crashes/reboot randomly. Since 4 hours ago I'm getting the following msg "this device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least 2 hours, and then restart it to try again". I've tried that and did a soft reset. still not working. I'll probably do a hard reset.
Any idea why is this happening. could it be due to the large peny micro sdxc card?

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
i called my local MS store but i got a call center instead. and he called my local MS store to ask them. but he said the store was asking if i had microsoft complete. i was like no but why would i need that? i have 1 year warranty and i have only had the phone for a day

I went to microsoft store to get Microsoft Complete for my 950 XL and they said they don't have it yet. So, do they have Microsoft Complete for Lumia 950 XL now? Or are the CSR that u spoke with just randomly asking question about microsoft complete without knowing that it is for 950 XL?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I went to microsoft store to get Microsoft Complete for my 950 XL and they said they don't have it yet. So, do they have Microsoft Complete for Lumia 950 XL now? Or are the CSR that u spoke with just randomly asking question about microsoft complete without knowing that it is for 950 XL?

Yapchagi, I stopped by my local MS Store (Tennessee, USA) about 3 weeks ago, and was able to purchase Complete (950XL) for $99.complete picture.png

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to microsoft store to get Microsoft Complete for my 950 XL and they said they don't have it yet. So, do they have Microsoft Complete for Lumia 950 XL now?

I went into the MS store in Scottsdale, AZ last week and got complete for my 950XL, so it's definitely available. Someone at your store is quite misinformed.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, received my 950 XL this morning (hurray) however, i think the phone is defective because my nano sim will NOT lock into place. I haven't scoured through the thread entirely, but has anyone else experienced this?

My 950xl single sim the nano sim slide in fine but no locky clicky thing - I will have to use a thumb tack to remove it later (if ever) - works fine though

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl single sim the nano sim slide in fine but no locky clicky thing - I will have to use a thumb tack to remove it later (if ever) - works fine though
I had the same for SIM slot 1, but at some point I did get the card it to click in. SIM slot 2 was much easier.

Tom Prouton

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not happy..... only had my XL for 20 days and now have this line of dead pixels! Anyone else have this issue? Know of any fixes? Thinking its faulty device.

Capture.JPG

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, received my 950 XL this morning (hurray) however, i think the phone is defective because my nano sim will NOT lock into place. I haven't scoured through the thread entirely, but has anyone else experienced this?

i had the same problem. took me 5 minutes to realize that you need to use your finger nail to push it past where you would feel it is flush with the plastic. Then it locked.Just pushing it down to where your finger stops is not enough

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Not happy..... only had my XL for 20 days and now have this line of dead pixels! Anyone else have this issue? Know of any fixes? Thinking its faulty device.

View attachment 119335

Hey Tom, I looked at my phone and tried to duplicate the page you were on in you photo example - and when I got to where you were, I show the top of the keypad in the place of your line. Does that make any sense to you? Also, it looks like I am using a larger text (medium, I think) than you.
wp_ss_20151223_0001[1].jpg

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Guys is there any chance to turn off this finishing touches after taking a picture? sometimes it really ruins the overall picture quality....

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Guys is there any chance to turn off this finishing touches after taking a picture? sometimes it really ruins the overall picture quality....

Good question, I'm still trying to figure out when the finishing touches comes into play, most of the time it does not present itself, other times it does - so there's a trick, but I don't know what it is. Course, I've not taken too many pictures yet, but I too, would like to know the answer/technique to your question.

Last edited:

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Is that the same as 'rich capture'? I disabled that. And that ridiculous living images feature. And the press and hold camera button. I just want a camera that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo