Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Even though I disabled it ...after taking the picture there is still an automatic phase (final adjustments or whatever it is called) that is sometimes annoying..

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Even though I disabled it ...after taking the picture there is still an automatic phase (final adjustments or whatever it is called) that is sometimes annoying..

I'll dig more, I'm 99% sure I disabled that garbage as well. As someone who does a lot of high end photography, I prefer to let the lens and photographer do the work, not a bunch of automated junk.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
So...UPS came by today:

200GB SD card) SanDisk 200GB Ultra UHS-I microSDXC Memory SDSDQUAN-200G-A4A B&H

Works Good, easy install, easily recognized.

wp_ss_20151223_0002.jpg

New Case: Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, VALKYRIE Lumia 950 XL Flip Slim Wallet Case For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with Card Slot Flip Cover and Stand Feature - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got the Black Graphite, but no longer listed when last I looked. actually, I had to order from an Amazon Sub-vendor (I can give link if anyone is interested. Case is pretty nice, and a big surprise was the magnet (not the magnet itself, for I knew it had one for the purpose of securing it open), as you can see below, I was able to stick it to the front of the refrigerator. The case will also allow QI Wireless charging. I do wish that the case had a notch in the case's side edge, where the power button is (but I may cut a notch in it myself), so I could have a feel reference for quick power on.

FOT9121.JPG
FOTD5E9.JPG
FOT6DA6.JPG
FOTE2F9 (2).JPG

Sorry, I meant to post this on the 950XL Cases Thread.

A Safe and Happy Holiday Season to ALL - Cheers!

Last edited:

Tom Prouton

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply - makes perfect sense! The line of dead pixels is on every screen of my phone; i used a a screenshot of a 'new mail' because it was the easiest screen to show it on (white background etc)

Bought it from expansys.co.uk and they are now processing an "RMA" for me..... looks like i am going to be without my phone for a while :(

interactivejohn

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I got the SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD (SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A).

I'm having all sorts of issues with it. The phone keeps losing detection of the card alerting me to safely remove the card next time, but I didn't remove the card at all. It has been doing it for 3 days now and everytime I have to shut down the phone, and pop the card out, put it back in, and turn my phone back on. It will work for a couple hours and then lose detection of the card again. Anybody know a solution for this? I don't know if it is the card or the phone that is causing the issue.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

I'm having all sorts of issues with it. The phone keeps losing detection of the card alerting me to safely remove the card next time, but I didn't remove the card at all. It has been doing it for 3 days now and everytime I have to shut down the phone, and pop the card out, put it back in, and turn my phone back on. It will work for a couple hours and then lose detection of the card again. Anybody know a solution for this? I don't know if it is the card or the phone that is causing the issue.

Did you update to the newest firmware? It has improved SD card support listed in its changelog.

ToasterPhone

May 14, 2015
Visit site
When I'm viewing a dark grey page, such as settings or messaging, I notice the bottom left of the screen is darker than the right hand side. Interestingly there's no discernible difference on colours and whites. Just the dark grey.

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
When I'm viewing a dark grey page, such as settings or messaging, I notice the bottom left of the screen is darker than the right hand side. Interestingly there's no discernible difference on colours and whites. Just the dark grey.

Me too. I've contacted my Telco (Optus) and theyre getting back to me about organising a replacement (the department was closed for christmas)

I've also got feint Vertical lines in low brightness on my screen. Its the only thing im hating about my phone.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

PauLita, I just downloaded the Providences in Asia last night, and I had some issue with the process. First Providence (size: 500M) took hours to complete, I was downloading to a SanDisk 200GB SD card (Drive: D). Kept re-starting the download; go to about 30%, then go back to 0%, then quickly rise back to 30% and stay, until repeating the cycle a few seconds/minutes later. During one of the cycles, I received a message to "close all maps and retry", but I had no maps open - I did a soft-reset and when I returned to the download screen I had jumped up to about 85%, and then finally after a few more minutes (10-15) the download was complete, and then started on the second Providence. At that point, I called it a night. In the morning when I woke-up the phone it was only at 15% for the second download - I thought "hell" - had a cup of coffee and re-checked, download was complete.

ALSO: during this process (above), I had a notification on one of my emails pinned to the START screen register "3" - and "5" was registered on the OUTLOOK APP itself, nothing I did would remove either notifications?? They were still there in the AM, and no other email were received overnight, which is very unusal, so I check my desktop - no new emails there either, so I email my self an email, and that seemed to unstick whatever was stuck, and the notifications were gone.

PauLita2

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
mtf1380, I have exactly the same behavior when downloading maps... Trying various combinations of Bluetooth/Data/WiFi On/Off. One time helped, other - - not! Now stuck at Italy:
wp_ss_20151227_0002.jpg

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Hey Interactive,

I put a SanDisk: SanDisk 200GB ULTRA MICRO SDXC UHS-I CRD-CL-10 (Mfr# SDSDQ200GA4A) a couple of days ago, and everything seems to be ok with it. I changed the STORAGE => Save Locations => SD Card (D:), on where future APPS/Downloads/Music/Pictures/Videos would be SAVED TO. I subsequently took about 3GB of videos, downloaded 1-new app, and transferred all the pictures taken prior to installing the SD Card from (the 950XL) the Device, to DRIVE D: (the SD Card), and all data went to, and is accessible from, the new SD Card.

I see there is a slight discrepancy in the model numbers, if you want, check here for additional specs to compare: SanDisk 200GB Ultra UHS-I microSDXC Memory SDSDQUAN-200G-A4A B&H

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi PauLita,

I just checked where my settings were last night, and FYR: I had Bluetooth "OFF", but I don't know if that was a pro, or a con - just where mine were.

It looked to me, that the downloads were just taking long time, maybe a lot of activity on in the pipeline?

I did seem to prompt some type of download movement by Powering "DOWN", a couple of times, and nothing on other attempts.

out of curiosity, how big are the MAP files?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
PauLita,

My Offline Maps show:

When looking at the SYSTEM => OFFLINE Maps area, they look like they are ready to download,

wp_ss_20151227_0003[1].jpg

but when I tap on the Download Map => Map (in my example Guangdong, China) it appears to be loaded. So I disabled WiFi and went to the MAPS APP, then searched for a location in Guangdong, it showed a detailed map of the streets, and all the "find" features (hotels/restaurants/shop/etc) worked.

wp_ss_20151227_0004[1].jpg

So, you might check to see if they are indeed downloading, looks to be indicated by the DELETE option under the individual map.

I can not find where the files are stored on my phone (should be on SD Card, and probably are judging from the additional space used - jumped up by 700MB)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo