Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I have had my 950xl for a few weeks now and while I am liking it more and more I have an issue with blue tooth. when connected to either my car or any blue tooth speaker the phone continually drops Bluetooth connection then needs to repair. this is quite annoying and does not seem to be getting any better. I am running the .29 OS and do not have the latest firmware as it has not hit the US yet. is this an issue with my phone or are others seeing this as well?

also does anyone who has the latest firmware know if this is fixed in that update?

thanks,

Having the same problem too. I'm on insider .36 OS. Highlighted it in Windows feedback

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth has been rock solid for me in the car for audio streaming.

My MS Band is another issue, pretty sure that's not the phone's BT.

rudedog1979

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
New one! For some reason, my camera started displaying everything upside down today--pictures are captured upside down, the icons and menus are upside down--but everything else, including the photos app, displays in the correct orientation. Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions for a possible fix?

Just tried Windows Hello--it's in the correct position. Changing rotation lock does nothing. Power+Volume Down does nothing. Only app that is doing this... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey buddy, do you have a MOZO back cover by any chance?

I was having this, I was frustrated because start screen was normal, but every other app I opened was rotating (the ones that support rotation), email, message, everything, I swithced the phone off several time, even rotation lock didint work, then I removed the MOZO cover while the phone was on and VOILA, everything worked (maybe also with the original cover, maybe not) try and see.

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got the new firmware update and still having the same issue with Bluetooth dropping. Anyone else still effected even after firmware? Also the has restarted twice since the update due to SIM changes. Anyone else have multiple SIM change restarts?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Just got the new firmware update and still having the same issue with Bluetooth dropping. Anyone else still effected even after firmware? Also the has restarted twice since the update due to SIM changes. Anyone else have multiple SIM change restarts?

It say here that you may need to use the CONNECT toggle to select your device????? I am using a Plantronics Savi 7xx and it is like going through a friggin maze to get connected on the second call. I had it down pat 2 weeks ago, went out of town, returned...and now I have to remember the dog and pony show, to use my damn Headset.

Untitled1.png

Mutant, if you try the above (or have tried the above), please let me know if it was successful for you. I'm sure my customers just love my hanging up them.

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey buddy, do you have a MOZO back cover by any chance?

I was having this, I was frustrated because start screen was normal, but every other app I opened was rotating (the ones that support rotation), email, message, everything, I swithced the phone off several time, even rotation lock didint work, then I removed the MOZO cover while the phone was on and VOILA, everything worked (maybe also with the original cover, maybe not) try and see.

I don't have a MOZO back plate--it's the white OEM plate with an Incipio case. I was actually only experiencing the 180? rotation on the 1st party camera app; photos was normal, 3rd party camera apps were normal, Hello was normal. Even in the affected camera app, the image in the viewfinder was correct but the menus, words, icons and resultant pictures were upside down. The FW update didn't fix it right away, but it has seemed to fix itself since then. Hope this info helps! Are you still experiencing this?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just for fun, here's a graph of the length of this thread since it got started. The good news, it's slowing down. The bad news: it's still growing pretty quickly!

thread-length-950xl.jpg

rudedog1979

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a MOZO back plate--it's the white OEM plate with an Incipio case. I was actually only experiencing the 180? rotation on the 1st party camera app; photos was normal, 3rd party camera apps were normal, Hello was normal. Even in the affected camera app, the image in the viewfinder was correct but the menus, words, icons and resultant pictures were upside down. The FW update didn't fix it right away, but it has seemed to fix itself since then. Hope this info helps! Are you still experiencing this?

Not anymore buddy, but was annoying as hell!

anon(9009677)

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the bottom back speaker? Mine had no output with music, video or games. Only top back speaker had output. Got a replacement phone and this one has the same issue.

amneo

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Its strange when I play music with the on board speakers it would play fine. It would also play fine with the headphones that came with the phone.

But what it would not play smooth with is when its lined out to the AUX IN of my car music player.

The music always plays jittery i.e it would stop and start.

To see if the cable is okay I tried with my Lumia 640XL and it worked like a charm.

For some reason when I Line Out the Gadget App does not launch on its own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss