Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to know why you would do this anyway

I can understand that if you plug it in (needing a charge), and your not thinking (other things on you mind, or no mind at all...in my case) and see it go into charging mode, one could very easily walk away thinking it was charging. Only to come back to it later, and find that it has not - and you JUST KNOW it will happen that one dang time you just possively, absolutely, need to have your phone ready to go (directions / expecting important call, etc.).

My phone does the same thing by the way, and I HAVE LEARNED to double check...but, like I said --- no mind, LOL!

mervs2402

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't do it intentionally. It happened like this.... just before bed I had my phone on charge and thought of switching off the main power and leaving the cable still plugged in because .... I don't know why...or why not...
In the morning I woke up only to realize that the phone was completely drained out.
Ok...so I thought it was a bug....or maybe its not... as per CaptainLumia.
Still strange to me though...

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you get annoyed by the fact that the microphone on the bottom of the screen picks up so much dirt/dust?
Not really a bug/deffect but just a "design" flaw?

Can it eventually be cleaned by taking off the back cover, though?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it only me..... ?

sometimes I need to close the apps cause the point accuracy is getting weaker... I mean I click on a picture during selection and it opens a totally different one?

I've had this happen, too. If I'm in portrait mode rotating it to landscape will sometimes fix the issue.

Vagner Tavares Jr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Found a partial solution to the problem!

Should put the phone on the charger and hope it manages to find its way to a stable lock screen where you should manually shutdown the system. (It might take some time and the phone overheat, but don?t let super overheat)

Follow the instructions to do a hard reset (back to manufactures settings).

This will solve most of the problems, but to avoid complications the guys from MSFT said to install app by app and not transfere data or restore any backups from previous phones or versions.

In regards to the overheating of the phone, the guy said its anyones guess. but they were looking into the charger and batter closely.

Since my phone overheats while using and not ont he charger, i have noticed that if you update the system via the store it will overheat after the 7th-9th update as well as after a couple of minutes using video/graphics like skype.

Another thing while enabling and configuring my phone on an app by app and waiting (using for a few minutes at a time), the phone also over heated when used after i enabled the Microsoft Health app, and with settings on for tracking movements. (especial after this)

So this is my report on why some 950xl?s are having overheat solutions even after some updates. Go Figure!

ludikreco

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I am the happiest person ever...i managed to read this entire thread...and I really don't have any problems with this phone which was bought in Germany I am on .63 With insider app...no restarts no overheating all connections work fine battery life is amazing..i just love this phone...to be honest there are some minor bugs with some apps but phone is win win for me...after all this years of Android and iOS.Now the question for me is...is it my luck or depends of the market where did you bought it?

Adel Dubai

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi All ..for last two years I am using windows phones last one 640xl os 8.1 very nice phone and stable os fast expect the internal memory 8gb not enough ..now I am with 950xl wp10 👍..i could not believe we in 2016 we have Apple and Android Samsung blackberry and and and... we face such bugs ..WP10 came up with smarter phone 950xl or other I thought the market trends Will go from 3% to ..! But I found or we that they are still under beta testing not 100% ready one example App. Not working shame..i think either the device are weak or the software 10 are so strong to handle mobiles phones or something else let's make A check list to find what's the problem??!! From Hardware or Software or from or from strategy!
I recommend to Microsoft to separate mobile phone Division to company with visions and what market customers likes ..WP10 are strong ..but not to be as Beta.

Wic

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey buddy, do you have a MOZO back cover by any chance?

I was having this, I was frustrated because start screen was normal, but every other app I opened was rotating (the ones that support rotation), email, message, everything, I swithced the phone off several time, even rotation lock didint work, then I removed the MOZO cover while the phone was on and VOILA, everything worked (maybe also with the original cover, maybe not) try and see.

I had the same problem with the rotation. Some apps remained in portrait while others switched to landscape mode with bottom to the button side of the phone. No matter how the phone was held. In addition the camera rotated completely different. Once a landscape picture was taken, the picture was presented upside down.

I have a MOZO cover too but switching back to OEM cover and restarting the phone did not help. But when I restarted the phone with OEM but without the sd card the rotation problem was gone. Now I don't know whether it was the cover or the sd card. But MOZO and sd card are reinstalled now and everything is fine again.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
My non existant SIM 2 is somehow using data. I looked at Datasense today to find that Sim 2 had used 31.7MB of data. The problem is that I don't have a SIM 2.

AchtungZBoom

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
MS Health app refuses to open for me... I get a Network error every time so I have not been able to pair my band 2 with my new MS phone since I bought it.

1) Have reset my phone 3 times..
2) Have re installed app to both internal and SD cards
3) Have tried while connected to many hot spots and over data
4) Took it into the MS store .. they worked on it for over and hour and replicated the same issue.. ultimately gave me a new phone and BOOM.. happened again. They told me they were very sorry and that they felt my pain but all they could do was offer a refund or suggest I use the feedback app.

So on a MICROSOFT branded phone... trying to connect to a MICROSOFT branded activity band... using a MICROSOFT app.. it will not work. SO frustrating.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Well I think I may have narrowed down the notification issues.

It seems worse when charging. No idea but the notifications don't ever appear on my phone then (well the phone was unlocked and I was just running the browser to install the facebook beta but I hadn't clicked on it - iPhone went straight off to notify me but the phone just didn't do anything).

Oh and another bug. Saying I have notifications when I don't. Sliding down clears the notification but it shouldn't be showing in the first place.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about the same :) I also bought the device in Germany... The only complaint I have is the hissing noise from time to time... but a restart solves it :D

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Do you have rotation lock on? Might be worth enabling or disabling it if you do and see what happens then (I have it on and it's normally okay).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second 950XL, returned the first one for a few of hardware/firmware issues. Unfortunately it looks like these were not due to that particular phone, the new one has most of them as well. Sigh. The caller echo was one of them, but I haven't turned Hey Cortana back on, so not sure if that's unchanged. But I still can't reliably charge it overnight, we obviously still don't have Visual Voicemail (didn't expect that to change), and trying to get LTE on AT&T is a pain. The recent apparent change of the indicator icons from LTE to 4G didn't help either. For now the charging problem with my DT-900 is the biggest issue for me. I might have to buy a different charger and see how that goes.

On the software side it mostly works, and thankfully last night's Outlook update fixed the ever increasing mail counter issue. I really do like this phone, but it's certainly not without its flaws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb