Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Build.107 is a Turd because...

1. Unlimited apps open in background when they have not proven battery performance fixes yet
2. Phone now locks up and has to be hard reset at times
3. Phone now gets stuck in dim mode and has to be powered off and on
4. When the phone rings, it no longer says the person's name who is calling.

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Loving the phone,only problem is the camera often doesn't open when the phone is locked,read somewhere that you can leave feedback for Microsoft or vote if someone has already posted the problem so they are aware ,where do I go to do this,sorry if it's an obvious question

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Loving the phone,only problem is the camera often doesn't open when the phone is locked,read somewhere that you can leave feedback for Microsoft or vote if someone has already posted the problem so they are aware ,where do I go to do this,sorry if it's an obvious question

For camera: Go to settings => devices => default camera and uncheck "Prevent accidental camera launch when the device is locked". Maybe this will help.

For feedback: Push power and volume down button together and it should open a feedback app.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
For the last three mornings I have had to soft-reset the 950XL (OS: .1004 / FW: 38) to get it out of the Lock Srceen. anyone else having this problem?

pawelosk

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
After the .164 update I'm experiencing the proximity sensor issue.

When on a call, the screen is just black all the time, and the proximity sensor does not switch on the screen. I have to press the power button twice to bring up the call screen. Also, when I'm making a call, screen goes black just after I push the call button, and I have to press the power button twice to see what's on the screen.

Anybody experiencing the same, or it's just my bad luck?

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the 950XL from the MS Store yesterday. When I got home, I updated the phone and signed up to the Insider Fast Ring. Everything was running fine until 20 minutes ago. A bunch of apps updated and now the weather app, photos app, and money app keeps crashing. Also, my SMS history is not syncing.

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I purchased the 950XL from the MS Store yesterday. When I got home, I updated the phone and signed up to the Insider Fast Ring. Everything was running fine until 20 minutes ago. A bunch of apps updated and now the weather app, photos app, and money app keeps crashing. Also, my SMS history is not syncing.

The preview updates may have lot of bugs. I suggest reset your phone using recovery tool then update to the latest build 164. Use it for some time. The build is good. Then choose fast ring and you can update to Redstone builds. I updated to it and I had lot of bugs too. I was unable to play video in edge, mytube etc. There was a security problem as the phone was unlocking without password. Thus I reset it back and got the build 164 through normal update.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay... so... my rich capture is on, flash is on, yet I can't adjust my photos? the frick? And when I click the edit button nothing happens. Yet I can delete or share without issue.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Just for understanding, the fast ring is in the development branch - aka Redstone. The builds there are relatively fresh. They are running fine for me, but YMMV. You can do several things now. Proceed in this order, from easiest / quickest to... harder ;) If it does not solve your problem, do the next step. Sorry, if there are too easy / obvious things in here.

First of all check, if there is and / or make a backup in settings -> update&security -> backup -> more options -> backup now. Takes some time, ensure that it finished. Have you carried your backups over from 8.1? Or did you do a fresh install without using a backup on a windows 10 installation? It would be good to start with 10, sometime.

Now, for actual solving:
- Search for updates in the store install, reboot. Solved?
- Do a soft reset - hold 'Vol down' and 'Power' key until the phone vibrates, release. Solved?
- Change the scaling in settings -> system -> display -> size of text, apps... e.g. so one notch smaller, reboot. Why? This causes all universal apps to be reinstalled. Like... weather, photos ;) You can watch / trigger the reinstall by going to store, check for updates, install all of them. You can now check, if the apps are working. You can change the dpi setting to the original setting, will update / reinstall the app again, same process as before. Solved?

If you are here and it did not solve your problem, you will need to hard reset. This will solve your problems and give you a fresh start. You can go the Threshold branch, pretty sweet and stable, or the redstone branch, bleeding edge.

Threshold:
Use WDRT to install whatever it offers you. It will be a 10586 build. When installed, sign in but do not choose backups. Only install insider app, choose slow ring and install whatever itz offers you. It will be 10586.164, as of today. After it is installed, HARD RESET the phone once again (settings -> system -> info -> reset phone). Now you can set it up normally, e.g. restore your backup.

Redstone:
Use WDRT to install whatever it offers you. It will be a 10586 build. When installed, sign in but do not choose backups. Only install insider app, choose fast ring and install whatever itz offers you. It will be 14283.1000, as of today, the REDSTONE build you are having today. After it is installed, HARD RESET the phone once again (settings -> system -> info -> reset phone). Now you can set it up normally, e.g. restore your backup.

Please tell us, how it went :)
Corwin

KIYR

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Folks, new here and new user of Lumia 950XL. I had my reservations while buying this phone, but I am possibly looking at my worst fears coming true.
I am facing the following issues with the phone.
A) keyboard disappearance- any msging app(SMS, Skype, WhatsApp) does not let me type megs quickly and then move on to the next. The keyboard becomes un responsive, disappears and then o have to type the msg box again to get it back. After doing this 10-15 times, the keyboard refuses to open up anywhere (touch is fine, but no keyboards anywhere.. msg, mail, settings, contacts). Sorely disappointing. This is more the case I feel after the latest update I received 10.0.10586.164
B) random reboots- this happens every 5-6 hers. And usually after I try all the msging nonsense above. The phone heats up and boom..restart.
I tried searching for a solution, bit not sure what it is. Any ideas for people who have similar issues experiences.
(I have a SD card in the phone and a few apps reside there)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Folks, new here and new user of Lumia 950XL. I had my reservations while buying this phone, but I am possibly looking at my worst fears coming true.
I am facing the following issues with the phone.
A) keyboard disappearance- any msging app(SMS, Skype, WhatsApp) does not let me type megs quickly and then move on to the next. The keyboard becomes un responsive, disappears and then o have to type the msg box again to get it back. After doing this 10-15 times, the keyboard refuses to open up anywhere (touch is fine, but no keyboards anywhere.. msg, mail, settings, contacts). Sorely disappointing. This is more the case I feel after the latest update I received 10.0.10586.164
B) random reboots- this happens every 5-6 hers. And usually after I try all the msging nonsense above. The phone heats up and boom..restart.
I tried searching for a solution, bit not sure what it is. Any ideas for people who have similar issues experiences.
(I have a SD card in the phone and a few apps reside there)

KIYR: How long have you have the L950XL? is it possible that your data, and apps are still updating? Have you tried a soft reset? I had an issuse with the 950XL's keyboard when I first got the phone, but my issue was that I could not see whatr I was typing because the keybouard was "floating" (had to press and hold the keyboard and drag it to the bottom of the screen to get it to stick in place).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99