Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

yarchlrl

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Ive never had an issue. I use my 950xl as a home wifi as well and i get a solid 12-13 hrs on it all day before I plug it in. In normal use, I get 2 days easy of no charge usage.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
On latest public non-insider build...

My and my wife's phones have both become restart monsters, almost to the point of being unusable. It's usually locking up when I unlock the phone and swipe up on the lock screen. It goes blank and unresponsive. Other times, it starts making a steady noise. Once this happened when call was coming in and I wasn't able to take the call. I'm getting extremely discouraged and the wife has said more than once she's about to go back to apple. :'(

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

My and my wife's phones have both become restart monsters, almost to the point of being unusable. It's usually locking up when I unlock the phone and swipe up on the lock screen. It goes blank and unresponsive. Other times, it starts making a steady noise. Once this happened when call was coming in and I wasn't able to take the call. I'm getting extremely discouraged and the wife has said more than once she's about to go back to apple. :'(
I'm experiencing something similar. Once every few days, when I turn on the screen and swipe up, the screen shows no pin input buttons. Power button turns off screen, but when I turn it back on, still no input buttons. Holding down the power button to power off the phone does nothing. The only way around this for me is do a battery pull.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

This is a tough one: I hate the suggestion of "hard reset", so I'll suggest a soft reset first. Given that it's happening to both phones, you could look for common apps that you have installed and try uninstalling them one at a time to see if it solves the problem, but my guess is that it's not an app causing the issue.

Last resort: hard reset.

I suppose you could also try jumping on the insider release preview ring (don't go slow or fast ring or you'll start getting RS2 builds which I'm guessing you don't want) or just wait for the next public build to see if that solves the issue.

P.S. - I completely agree, Go 'Noles! (What a game Monday night. Look at my profile pic close enough you'll see my horse is "wearing" an FSU hat and my shirt is sporting a Famous Jameis quote!)

mikey405

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Good morning all.

Apologies if these questions have been asked before but I'm having a couple of issues with my 950XL (on the latest fast ring version) but the MS blog indicates "No known defects" so perhaps it's just me. ☺

Firstly is that my "Gadgets" app no longer finds any paired Bluetooth accessories (it used to work fine on the production ring). (Band 2, Bluetooth speaker and Nokia treasure tag all connected at the moment but the Gadgets app says nothing is connected.)

And the second thing is that often when I try and zoom in on my photos they don't zoom properly and just go whizzing off down to one corner and disappear.

If anyone has had these issues on the latest software then at least I know I'm not alone.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
UK, 950XL
FW: 01078.00053.16236.35014

jurd

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Mike I also have the photo issue. Sometimes the screen goes dark when zooming or gets stuck. I don't use bluetooth gadgets so no info on that.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
often when I try and zoom in on my photos they don't zoom properly and just go whizzing off down to one corner and disappear.
Same here, it's one of the most annoying bugs I have atm. Please report this by pressing power+volume down when it happens. That will add also a screenshot to your report. You can also search for the issue and upvote anything that sounds related.

mikey405

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks Jurd and Joe. Is there a way to be able to report these defects without using the phone? I'm enrolled in my company MDM for email and calender and it doesn't allow the full use of the feedback hub so I can't report stuff through my phone. I will have a look to see if there's a way to report the problem using my PC at home. Thank you for the reply though - at least it isn't just me for that one.

I'm interested to see if anyone also has the "No devices" issue when they load the Gadgets app.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

marcx987

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
anyone else get the weird bug that causes phone screen to randomly just shut off and cant turn it back on till soft reset phone whit power and volume down.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya, when all else fails after receiving the latest updates, a hard reset has worked for me more than a handful of times. When the issue occurs after the hard reset is when I start getting concerned.

Cuong Ha2

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Anyone still has wifi connecting issue?

I still have Wifi connecting issue after last fw update and RS1 update. After couple days, you can not turn on wifi. Before the updates, I was able to get the wifi back after reboot the phone. Now, most of the time I still can not get wifi back after reboot the phone. LTE still works 100%. At home, I want to use wifi to connect to my local network to watch TV and big download/updates, and most of the time I am not able to do it.

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
anyone else get the weird bug that causes phone screen to randomly just shut off and cant turn it back on till soft reset phone whit power and volume down.
Same here. Just signed up for that problem. Usually happens for me if I wake up the phone or unlock it. For me this looks like a driver issue, hard reset DIDN'T solve the problem for me, even if I started from scratch without the use of any backup. Was fine before around the anniversary update was rolled out.

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
both my phone (950xl, fast ring and 950 ds, release preview ) also has this bug and it seems to me that is far more intense since last update.
maybe this bug is specific of the anniversary update, who knows ? :grin:

Last edited:

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Another vote for this one. I'm glad to see this is a thing, because it really started to feel like a hardware issue. My phone has been really corrupt the past few days, and even more so since updating to 10.0.14926.1000 around the same time. The system is also continually having a hard time reading SD cards, and the crash reboots are causing warnings about SD card corruption.

Having repaired this once already, and considering the price drop and status of things, if this fails it might be my last foray into Windows 10 Mobile territory.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On my 950XL running 14393.189 I've started to have trouble with brightness. It ends up in a state where tapping the brightness toggle through all five settings doesn't change anything.

Also, this morning connecting to bluetooth in my car, I couldn't get any audio app to even start playing. It wasn't just that there was no sound, something was in a broken state so badly that Groove didn't even start playing, and Podcast Lounge also didn't make it to playback. Subsequent restart took forever, with the 'Goodbye' screen staying up for over a minute.

Please be good Pixel XL, we need you..

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Another vote for this one. I'm glad to see this is a thing, because it really started to feel like a hardware issue. My phone has been really corrupt the past few days, and even more so since updating to 10.0.14926.1000 around the same time. The system is also continually having a hard time reading SD cards, and the crash reboots are causing warnings about SD card corruption.

Having repaired this once already, and considering the price drop and status of things, if this fails it might be my last foray into Windows 10 Mobile territory.

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I was worried I was the only one having this issue too. I'm literally currently doing a hard reset and hoping it will fix it or wait for another Production release to overlay it. My phone crashes atleast 4-5 times daily with this new build making me wonder if I should join Insider if it will be just as buggy :p.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs