Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Right, my reboots problems are gone for 2 days now - all I did was inserting a new battery (bought from a 3rd party retailer on amazon).
Is this just me or are the random reboots gone for you guys as well?

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Right, my reboots problems are gone for 2 days now - all I did was inserting a new battery (bought from a 3rd party retailer on amazon).
Is this just me or are the random reboots gone for you guys as well?

No, here. Mine crashed today 4 times between 12:00PM and 5PM. I haven't been using it since.

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, as I've tried all insider builds as well I'm not sure if this will solve the problem, for me it didn't make a difference. I'm starting to smell that the battery went buggy, it's neither crashing nor getting hot anymore. My phone is 7-8 months old now while I was charging it every day. Probably a bad batch of batteries? Give it a go and get a new battery.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I took a look in here to see what was new...My battery life is awful, yesterday it went dead by noon. I purchased the extra warranty coverage so I'll see what Microsoft store can do.
I posted in another thread, but gadgets doesn't see the display doc so I can't update it, which I must need to do because video just disappeared one day. No Netflix, no Youtube, the only way I got video play on my phone was to clear all Netflix and Youtube histories. So using Continuum to watch Netflix is out after using it for 6 months now. Someone suggested Gadgets4.4 but I'm too skittish to try it even though others said it worked for them. Has anyone here tried it?
I've had to hard reset way too many times and it never goes well. Even with a thorough backup something always goes missing. It's way too time consuming and frustrating to have to put the start screen back together but it would be worth it if it was successful, but HR hasn't worked for me ever. Do other OS go through this or is it just WP?

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my text keyboard. It seems to be stuck in the Small setting, when I have it in Large. I'm also experiencing the zooming-in-photos issue. Surface phone please hurry up!

SunToucher

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has had an issue where you resize your apps Display, then Size of text, apps and items on this display. I cannot change the size back to what it originally was. The app size is stuck on 450% on my start screen. If someone has a solution that would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Disregard, figured it out. A setting somehow turned off.

Last edited:

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their pictures turning into .thumb files and not sharable? That's the problem I'm having now and its really annoying.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
anyone else get the weird bug that causes phone screen to randomly just shut off and cant turn it back on till soft reset phone whit power and volume down.

Same problem with my 950 xl. No matter what the build is, whether Anniversary update or RS2. This problem is driving me crazy. Plus the phone often shuts down randomly with a brief green on screen.

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with my 950 xl. No matter what the build is, whether Anniversary update or RS2. This problem is driving me crazy. Plus the phone often shuts down randomly with a brief green on screen.

Had the same problem. My solution was to get a new battery through a third party reseller - now all problems are gone. Give it a go. :)

kenshin1981

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Here are some issues that still need resolving for the Lumia 950 and 950XL:

- Brightness toggle is not responsive at times until you lock and unlock the screen (using the power button).

- Brightness doesn't go as dim like previous Lumias (where there was a hidden option to lower the brightness further) or other AMOLED phones e.g. Samsung S6, S7 etc. The screen is still very bright despite being on the lowest brightness setting which isn't good for night reading. Hopefully Microsoft will address this issue soon.

Omar Ishak

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone, im having the random goodbye / blackout screen / phone will not boot back up until plugged in.

i find it very frustrating and sad, in 1) how much i paid for the lumia 950 xl at launch, and 2) how poorly supported these kinds of bugs in the operating system are.

Microsoft wonders why people are jumping ship? the support simply sucks. if this device doesn't sort itself out soon (i have done a hard reset and all of the other fixes people have mentioned, i will be trying a replacement battery next) i will be putting this POS up for sale and getting something that has a stable operating system and doesn't crash 6 million times in a given day.

im pissed because i have been a diehard nokia / MS supported of their mobile phones from day one (yes the novelty of a bad *** camera has worn off).

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, all I can tell you is I'm glad that I switched my battery. I got no problems anymore since I did + the battery I've pulled out is now twice as thick as it should be. I guess a bit longer and my Lumia would have turned into a Galaxy Note 7. :D

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Omar Ishak i noticed same thing when i try to restart my phone. Goodbye screen stays there like 3 min,then i can't start phone.
This is since last windows update. Try to press and hold power and vol + until phone vibrate ...that boot up my phone every time. No need for power cable.

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Little update on dead front camera, finally sent it for a repair (had error code: c00d3704), this is the second time it goes because of the same problem.

Phone got sent over to Ukraine, they probably change internals so i will have my 3rd imei on my phone. :D Phone will be back hopefully next week, already miss the phone.

Khalid Al-Riyadh

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
dude, why in the world are you on Insider? mobile is not something you should have Insider on if you all ready have win10. Your production build is fine. I run my 950xl stock: it works100% all the time no complaints. My 640xl, however is on Insider. 640 came with win8.1 so thats why i ran Insider. Last update, i ran into the same problem as you after having a previously stable build. Im always having issues and complaints with my 640xl. My suggestion, roll back production. Im a hard core user. Excel spreadsheets, programme strings, photo editing, PowerPoint presentations, email, continuum, bluetooth keyboards, and active precision stylus - all on production build. YOU DONT NEED INSIDER!

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
So i got back my XL, front camera module and something related to battery was replaced.. Now i have working front camera once again, hope it lasts.

Dizzle81

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me as well and im a day one windows supporter both my 1020 and 950xl are doing the same thing and im pretty fed up and just want to move away at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3