Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

jurd

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, all I can tell you is I'm glad that I switched my battery. I got no problems anymore since I did + the battery I've pulled out is now twice as thick as it should be. I guess a bit longer and my Lumia would have turned into a Galaxy Note 7. :D

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, all I can tell you is I'm glad that I switched my battery. I got no problems anymore since I did + the battery I've pulled out is now twice as thick as it should be. I guess a bit longer and my Lumia would have turned into a Galaxy Note 7. :D

Have sent my battery for replacement through Microsoft care. They have no idea when they'll get the replacement battery. The Microsoft India twitter support is pathetic. They don't answer anything, just keep sharing one link after another to click! There are also no resellers for the battery in India, neither online nor any physical shop. LLets see how much time it takes for Microsoft to provide me the replacement battery!

rb2468

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
DIM SCREEN BUG FIXED.................
I had screen dim problems for many months which got worse in time. Sometimes the screen would turn on dim other times it would simply go dim when I needed to see the screen to continue and couldn't until turning phone off and back on. I was almost ready to give up on finding a solution when I decided to open the battery compartment and clean all contacts for battery, sim, SDRAM and reassemble. Walla the phone works like new and has been working perfectly for a couple months now with no further issues. The problem was with contacts (I assume battery contacts) but by cleaning and re-inserting all plug-ins the problem was cured and has stayed that way. ANSWER: BATTERY CONTACTS

byrhtferth

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
So I've had my 950XL for about nine months now, and in the last few weeks it's developed the whole random reboots issue. At first only when the battery got below 30%, but now it can do so when it's as high as 50%. Sometimes it just shuts off abruptly and takes a while to restart; and on one occasion it's turned itself back on a while after I've turned it off. Usually it just goes straight to black, but occasionally there's a flash of green.

In the last day or so, I've started getting interference on the screen - like, flickering horizontal bars in a slightly brighter or darker (not sure which) version of the same colour. I had been planning on getting a new battery, but I'm not sure whether, given this new development, it's actually a battery issue or something wrong with the phone itself. Any advice?

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the behavior I got before I switched my battery. Get a new one, my phone is workin flawlessly again since I switched it. Also the original battery was bloating around four weeks after taking it of the phone, so I'm quite happy.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my 950XL for about nine months now, and in the last few weeks it's developed the whole random reboots issue. At first only when the battery got below 30%, but now it can do so when it's as high as 50%. Sometimes it just shuts off abruptly and takes a while to restart; and on one occasion it's turned itself back on a while after I've turned it off. Usually it just goes straight to black, but occasionally there's a flash of green.

In the last day or so, I've started getting interference on the screen - like, flickering horizontal bars in a slightly brighter or darker (not sure which) version of the same colour. I had been planning on getting a new battery, but I'm not sure whether, given this new development, it's actually a battery issue or something wrong with the phone itself. Any advice?

Exact problem I was having. Have sent the battery for replacement. It's been around 28 days. Still waiting for the replacement battery. Hoping that i get the battery soon and that it solves the problem.
Its amazing that despite this issue being such a wide sspread one, there has been absolutely no acknowledgement by Microsoft!

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have received the new battery today. Have inserted it. Has been about an hour, it has not restarted so far. But I have noticed screen flickering issue a few times which was there when I decided to get the battery replaced. Lets see how it goes.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Try to clean your battery contacts in your phone and on the battery.
Also clean the contacts on your plugins as sim and sdcard as well.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Try to clean your battery contacts in your phone and on the battery.
Also clean the contacts on your plugins as sim and sdcard as well.
How to clean the contacts? I have tried with a soft cloth, but to no avail. I know liquid should not be used.

There is a continuation of this issue, when the battery gets charged to about 99%, the screen turns green and the starts to flicker with horizontal lines running across and finally it looks like all the colour has been sucked out from the screen leaving behind just pale light yellow colour on the screen.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Microphone is at an unusable level. Requires use of blue tooth headset. Confirmed with recording app. Automatic switch to speaker disabled.

kiddo0101

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
DEAD PHONE OR SO I THOUGHT
Problem Left phone charging was probably below 30 %
Had been using it trying a feww games etc
put it on charge came back to it a hour or 2 later
nothing pressed power button just got a empty charge battery graphic
tried everything power button + down and Up no go
rmoved memory car d no go
removed memory card and simm
no go
checked battery voltage only 3.5 v so problem
mains charger was obviously not doing the job
problem solved
charged for a couple of minutes on usb 3 cable and then back to charger and hey presto phone working again
weird phone seems to be not charging with stock charger can't check this with multimeter as connections are deep inside usb c connector a bit hard to reach and might short circuit the charger .
conclusion stock charger is a bit on the duff side, maybe its not working properly or phone is not recognising it for some reason could be a voltage/current/resistve /capacitive /static load spec problem .anyway my contribution to the L950xl scary adventure hope this helps a few people out .up to 38% as I write , great phone otherwise has been stable for a good while .This all happened in the last 30 minutes by the way not good mr gates definitely no caps here mr Msoft get it together .... mr jobs type needed I think..... GoodnighT

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Had the same problem. Even hard reset didn't work. Had to take it to the service center. Not sure what they did (neither are they), but the battery was replaced and a software update had been done. My baby feels better now, still a few hiccups though. Too bad my warranty is up.

morfeas1000

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
just "lost" my last two days photos... They are stored on a micro sd and my pc and my tablet can see them just fine.
Tried rebooting, force closing the app, nothing... I am on official rom

earthbellybutton

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my phone if the battery goes down to 30-20% is randomly restart. I did think to buy a second battery,and to replaced, but I don't know if this helps.
Too shame that 950xl is a such a nice piece of kit

Braineh

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my phone if the battery goes down to 30-20% is randomly restart. I did think to buy a second battery,and to replaced, but I don't know if this helps.
Too shame that 950xl is a such a nice piece of kit

All I can tell you is my experience - and yes, it solved my problem. I got the new battery for some months now and no problems anymore. Probably a bad batch...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3