Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
This is #@$#&^ sickening now!!! 3 new batteries and my DS L950XL is still shutting down around 45% battery life..........45%, really???? Wish September was tomorrow so that I'd see what MS is doing with this mobile platform to help me decide whether to jump ship or hold on for their next device that'll give me a similar experience in terms of OS to what I have now. ? is will it be directed at consumers of enterprise. If it's enterprise GS 8+ here I come.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After the recent update, my Outlook mail app has been weird in that when I press back after reading an e-mail, it brings me to the inbox of that particular account and not my linked mailboxes inbox, anyone experience this or know how to fix this?

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Can't understand why MS released such a high end device and have such a below low end OS experience for some on it. That should never have been accepted by anyone who develops this OS for MS.

We could at least expect them to release updates to fix it...but I guess it wont happen.

Cheers

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
After the recent update, my Outlook mail app has been weird in that when I press back after reading an e-mail, it brings me to the inbox of that particular account and not my linked mailboxes inbox, anyone experience this or know how to fix this?

There is a new update as of today. Check the store or use the "Check for updates" button in the store to download and install the latest version

Bhani Ramjee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL started to freeze and subsequently heat up after the latest update, contacted support and had to send my phone in, I used my Old Lumia930 and are dreading the answer of not getting another 950XL I'm currently using an Iphone, which is @/&!*#

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
For the past few days the screen on my 950XL has been behaving very oddly.
Sometimes the right half of my screen will get fixed and not react and the left half will scroll normally. Sometimes the right half will flicker and display garbage only.
this reduced a little bit after i turned off the auto display brightness but it sill happens ocassionally. I think it happened after an update but i am not too sure, I am on 10563.483 right now.
Any help, any idea how i can roll back an update on the phone?
thanks all.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Finally forced to a very very hard reset of my 950XL as it was impossible to fix anything. Battery was draining quickly for no reason even after all background apps disabled. MS Store was not functioning properly as it was my only hope to fix bad apps but itself was a bad app not fixing any app or updating anything. Since 2015-Dec I have frequent soft resets, restarts, app uninstall, app reinstall, and two hard resets. This would be the last chance I give 950XL before throwing it into garbage and stay with iPhone.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
HARD RESET GOOD NEWS:
After all problems mentioned earlier, I gave up and decided on a hard reset whole 950XL while keeping all data & maps on SD card intact. After everything installed smoothly and efficiently and quickly, I noticed that MS Store become a totally new app able to function properly while before reset Store was unable to update apps and clean app mess. Glad to see that 950XL is back to normal functioning smoothly and nicely as expected with battery not draining even after overnight background apps. As far as I learned, soft reset or reboot when not recovering malfunction a hard reset can do miracles. Thanks Microsoft.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Last week update caused following malfunctions:
  • Cortana no longer can start/stop Quiet hours
  • 950XL not connected to power starts heating up consuming battery quickly ending up dead battery
  • Without notice SIM card shown as INVALID SIM and Settings cannot even restart/scan SIM connect to wireless provider
  • more coming soon...

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I ask stupid Cortana what time is it? She gives me time somewhere else on planet called Meddas, Sardina...OMG this phone is so stupid.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I ask stupid Cortana what time is it? She gives me time somewhere else on planet called Meddas, Sardina...OMG this phone is so stupid.
It's even worse than you think. Even if she knows what planet you are on, and even if the phone already has the current time within a few microseconds even if its been inside a lead building for 24 hours with no outside access of any kind, Cortana can't tell you the time if she can't ask some MS server.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Took my 950XL out for a spin the other day. I tried to use the Maps app for navigation, but it had trouble keeping up with my position, putting me on the next street over on occasion. Weird. I also had two spontaneous reboots on one evening, so I guess this means the battery is not able to provide enough power. All in all a bit of a disheartening experience!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem before with my 830.. it never show me in the right spot. .. calibration problem .. it mysteriously right itself after an insider update

... !

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem before with my 830.. it never show me in the right spot. .. calibration problem .. it mysteriously right itself after an insider update

... !
In that case I may be out of luck, because I updated last week before this happened, and I think the Insider program for WP is no more!

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It would be appropriate for Microsoft to refund us at least $650 for all the troubles we have had with this phone since its release in 2015.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It would be appropriate for Microsoft to refund us at least $650 for all the troubles we have had with this phone since its release in 2015.
That gets my vote since I paid $278 for my 950XL from the Microsoft Store during 2016 holiday sales. But I have had few if any problems that mattered, just things like Hello not recognizing that I even had eyes which I knew due to the two 950XLs bought a year earlier and promptly returned because of the horribleness of the not-ready-for-prime-time W10 Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk