3rd party battery covers

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What are the odds that we could get an actual metal back plate from a 3rd party manufacturer? I think it could give the 950/XL a whole new look. Thoughts?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The Qi charging would be out the door if it was metal. But if you didn't mind that it's possible. I don't know that we'll see any officially licensed backs like that, though.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
What are the odds that we could get an actual metal back plate from a 3rd party manufacturer? I think it could give the 950/XL a whole new look. Thoughts?
You mean metal looking? Yes.
Real metal if you don't want wireless charging and can live with less bars of service.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess I meant to say aluminum with antenna lines. Wireless charging I don't care so much about.
I also don't care much about wireless charging. If they sold a model with and an identical one without I would think hard about spending $10 more for the wireless charging model. I still might get the wireless charging to have more potential buyers when I get rid of it.

But the flexing to remove the cover makes real metal problematic. Metal tends to stretch or shrink when its bent and these backs have to be bent to take them off or put them on. That's why the Mozo backs don't use real metal for the sides but a coating that looks like metal.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else notice Mobile Fun has changed availability of the Mozo Black back covers went from expected 1-2 weeks to Available for pre-order???
I ordered mine a week ago with express DHL and they did notify me they were waiting for stock to arrive but that's when the 1-2 week was being advertised, now I'm worried we're looking at a much longer wait!!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice Mobile Fun has changed availability of the Mozo Black back covers went from expected 1-2 weeks to Available for pre-order???
I ordered mine a week ago with express DHL and they did notify me they were waiting for stock to arrive but that's when the 1-2 week was being advertised, now I'm worried we're looking at a much longer wait!!
I think Mozo underestimated the demand by an order of magnitude and is in so far over their heads they have to pick and choose who get therm, including retailers. If the few covers that are still showing 2 days 'till MF gets them jump to 2 weeks again, I'm going to email someone there I've talked with before to find out why the dates keep changing. Will report if their story is plausible or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo