950XL on EE

GnatsUK

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
My 24 month contract with EE finished in March my poor old 920 in those early days of Windows 10 was a pain to use but stuck with it and was determined to hang on for the as then unannounced flagship Windows Phone, I have been waiting since the 950XL was announced to snap their hands off when the phone became available and been regularly checking for the option to pre order.
So the other day up popped the 950, but I want the 950 XL phoned the upgrade team who said no news yet, but then trawling the EE forums discovered that the 950XL can be got with a business account.
I can understand them offering it to businesses but why not offer it to personal customers as well and why can Carphone Warehouse offer it to the punter off the street on EE, but EE wont.
I have been an Orange/EE customer for 13 or 14 years now and on the whole been pretty happy with the service they have given me, I have had a Windows phone for almost that length of time too (remember the SPV) which I still have, along with the detachable camera. This has really pissed me off as I am being forced to move my account elsewhere if I want the 950XL, or take out a business account, I did phone up the Executives office and spoke to Stephen Harris (who I have spoken to a few times before) and made my displeasure known but doubt much will change.
So still contemplating my choices, wait to see if the will offer the XL to personal users, switch to a business account or tell them to poke it and jump ship, my leaning is towards a 12 month business account.
Any other suggestions

Gnats

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
why can Carphone Warehouse offer it to the punter off the street on EE, but EE wont.
I am being forced to move my account elsewhere if I want the 950XL
I must be missing something. Those seem to be contradictory. Or is it that you aren't a punter and don't qualify? What is a punter, anyway? And could you become one if you just worked harder?

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse are offering it to upgrades as well. I pre-ordered mine as an upgrade with an EE contract and a slightly cheaper contract than my current with more data at that.

If EE won't buy stock of the 950 XL for its personal account customers, their loss.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
The OP appears to be from England so his experiences are uh, different from ours. A punter is a regular Joe...

<TED>

liquidphantom

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I went through CPW in a PC world store for my 950XL, as Vodafone stores didn't seem to have a clue when the would get it. Always have great service with CPW which is why I have stuck with them for years. As a bonus I also got a ?50 PC World/Currys voucher

Robert Hall2

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also going through CPW, for 2 reasons...
1. They are actually selling the XL to Joe Public not just business users.
2. They have better prices with more data than EE are offering.
Now I just have to wait until the 8th December to get it

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I went through CPW in a PC world store for my 950XL, as Vodafone stores didn't seem to have a clue when the would get it. Always have great service with CPW which is why I have stuck with them for years. As a bonus I also got a ?50 PC World/Currys voucher

The ?50 voucher is pretty cool. Wonder if it's a national deal?? - was it advertised instore?

liquidphantom

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
The ?50 voucher is pretty cool. Wonder if it's a national deal?? - was it advertised instore?
When I asked about the phone a few months back they told me then, didn't see any literature about it though. It's worth asking just say its something you heard, might just be the CPWs in a PC World/Currys though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos