Those on the fence for 950 XL - regarding available apps

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
just tried the Chase mobile website and its not bad... can move around easy enough and its actually mobile optimized...
however, its no where near as quick to move from option to option, such as show more detail about an account or go back to accounts... in this sense, an app is really needed... still disappointed they dropped the windows 8.1 app.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Get the XL! The difference is much more than screen size. The camera is very different and there is more memory as well. My 640XL sold me on WindowsPhone and my 950XL has been shipped. I think I am one of that rare breed of recent converts!

<TED>

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Get the XL! The difference is much more than screen size. The camera is very different and there is more memory as well.
<TED>
wait, what? are you talking about the 950? Only differences are 10% bigger screen size, 10% bigger battery size and the 810 processor. (someone else please flog me if I'm wrong :wink:)

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I was actually NOT on the fence when it comes to third party apps since that gap was always there with 8.X and it didn't bother me.

But I am now on the fence due to key changes to the OS that I used all the time. Specifically pinning my key contacts as Live Tiles to my start screen and at a glance seeing if any of those folks sent me any messages. That, and the ability to see history for a contact in the People Hub being removed, have me thinking about cancelling my 950XL order.
It sucks as I've been waiting to get back into Windows via this Flagship and ditching Android for good. I'm not sure what WM10 is giving me now to be honest.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was actually NOT on the fence when it comes to third party apps since that gap was always there with 8.X and it didn't bother me.

But I am now on the fence due to key changes to the OS that I used all the time. Specifically pinning my key contacts as Live Tiles to my start screen and at a glance seeing if any of those folks sent me any messages. That, and the ability to see history for a contact in the People Hub being removed, have me thinking about cancelling my 950XL order.
It sucks as I've been waiting to get back into Windows via this Flagship and ditching Android for good. I'm not sure what WM10 is giving me now to be honest.

its been a while since i was on windows phone back when we pre ordered the 920 okay so I noticed something are you saying we can no longer pin contacts and that the one the best things the history in the people hub are no more? are they doing away with the people hub all together? O lawd I came back and its even more broken please say it isn't so why are they getting restrictive that was some of what made this OS unique.

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I was actually trying to get confirmation in the Windows 10 forum that I wasn't doing something wrong, but no response yet. I'm where you are where I didn't know this happened until a couple of days ago (a post on another forum). I didn't believe it, so I loaded WM10 on my L920 and lo and behold, it looks like it's true! :(

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
wait, what? are you talking about the 950? Only differences are 10% bigger screen size, 10% bigger battery size and the 810 processor. (someone else please flog me if I'm wrong :wink:)

This was in response to a message on the 640 vs. the 640XL

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does. But it doesn't support notification of a message from the pinned contact via a counter. therefore it's the same as Android now.

Again, that is what I an seeing and have heard.

Ah. Yep, that IS a bummer. I do admit the People Hub of early Windows 8 mobile was a huge attraction to me coming from IOS. Completely blew me away. I am sure that there are explanations for what has been changed since those days, but I regret that differentiation getting watered down.
Me and the wife even used the shared "room" feature and it was powerful! She would be at the grocery store and I would torture her by updating the "grocery List" on my phone. Hers' would then sync and she would hear it. It would send her down an isle that she had already completed.

Wonderful little torture feature. I miss it.

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Ah. Yep, that IS a bummer. I do admit the People Hub of early Windows 8 mobile was a huge attraction to me coming from IOS. Completely blew me away. I am sure that there are explanations for what has been changed since those days, but I regret that differentiation getting watered down.
Me and the wife even used the shared "room" feature and it was powerful! She would be at the grocery store and I would torture her by updating the "grocery List" on my phone. Hers' would then sync and she would hear it. It would send her down an isle that she had already completed.

Thanks for confirming that SB. Really appreciate it. Unfortunately, that was a killer feature for me as I get bombarded with emails and messages all day and need to prioritize them. Looks like I will stick with Android for now. Very depressing :(

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

win 10 has group...wonder if it would work the same....

Last edited:

Sandra Milo

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
NO! Really? Seeing notifications from pinned contacts at a glance was one of the BEST features. I used a 1520 for almost two years before it died an accidental, watery death about two months ago. I've been suffering along with an iPhone 4S while waiting for the 950 XL. But, this is terrible news. Maybe I'll buy a used 1520 and not update the OS..... Does anyone have a link to a comparison of 8.1 vs 10?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Once I start loading apps I'm going to make a comparison Chart of iOS vs Windows Mobile apps that I used vs what I'm going to have to use or not use now. Hopefully everything (for the most part) works out well.

BrickEngraver

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
FRom what I understand the camera is absolutely identical. Only difference from what I understand is that the post processing is faster on the XL. But same in every other way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)