Double Tap to wake is gone on 950/950XL OS...

tullyhubbert

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Why it is so difficult for MS to give an explanation why the double tap to wake feature is missing in WM10?

Forgive me as I haven't read all this thread and might be saying something that's already been posted.

Double tap to wake (And sleep) was enabled on my 640XL when I was running it on the Insiders program (I rolled back to 8.1 last week because of minor annoying bugs) Therefore it mustn't be a feature lacking in WM10, rather a hardware issure with 950s?

Anyone confirm if it's still not avail yet or likely to be in the future? It's like the missing glance screen saga on 930's all over again.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They still didn't address directly the 950/XL, just generic, "devices that support this feature". Ok sure it's obvious only the 950/XL have the "problem" but they didn't actually say 950/XL is supposed to have it :)

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I had just convinced myself to settle for a 950 (coming from a 1020 that won't focus anymore), but then I found out about this. No sale. Double tap to wake is needed when my phone is docked in the car mount as the power button is inaccessible. I will replace my 1020 with another 1020. Sigh...

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
double tap works on my 1020 on w10, As with everything MS now, double tap to wake is "coming soon" with the new deivces, but soon will be 2017 as that's when they said they will even be some what interested in mobile devices running Windows. The great thing is my new xperia z5 has tap to wake.

akiramike

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Can't use my 950xl without the double tap. Its so much easier compared to reaching around the phone lying in front of me.

FFS why can't Microsoft confirm that its not coming to the 950 so I can sell it.

5-hole

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I had just convinced myself to settle for a 950 (coming from a 1020 that won't focus anymore), but then I found out about this. No sale. Double tap to wake is needed when my phone is docked in the car mount as the power button is inaccessible. I will replace my 1020 with another 1020. Sigh...

Same. Double tap is a big deal for me...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I read recently that in the next update or the following one it will be fixed.

Where did you read that? Microsoft has never acknowledged it was broken in the first place so I doubt they will be "fixing" it, in fact its explicitly mentioned on the device specs page that its not supported, doesn't sound like something they'll be trying to fix anytime soon.

Sam Holt

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I wish more people had that attitude, for me its the small things that irritates me the most. All OS:es have come a long way so now its the small stuff that affect your productivity on a daily bases. Take Swype for instance, it works pretty great on Android and iOS but on WP its a gamble every time.
The windows touch button in the middle, annoying as hell. I keep touching it when i'm writing by mistake. This does not happen on my LG G4. Small things but when there are enough of these things put together the experience gets destroyed in the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6