Check those emails, 950 XL pre-orders shipping!

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Everyone who's got detailed tracking info, where do the packages ship from? Thanks.

My tracking finally updated and I live in Washington State. Mine is coming from Ontario, CA. Free next day air saver, delivery tomorrow by end of residential routes it says!

Also, i really feel bad for those that paid for expedited shipping, I would contact support and get a refund on the shipping price.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Can someone that has a delivery requirement post a screen cap where the tracking page says signature required? I wont be home and just want to make sure mine is delivered. I dont see anything on my tracking about a sig.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting... units are shipping from Canada? So the Canadian pre-orders should be shipping out too then.. I just hope I will have no problem picking one up from MS store on the day of.

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting... units are shipping from Canada? So the Canadian pre-orders should be shipping out too then.. I just hope I will have no problem picking one up from MS store on the day of.

Ontario, CA = California, not Canada.

My tracking isn't asking for a signature at all, and it originates from Harrisburg, PA.

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Me too. UPS says they'll be here at 10:15 a.m. and I took the day off to be with my kids but thinking i'll be putting them in front of the TV for a little while, while Dad plays. I ordered my 950 XL from Microsoft store within an hour of it opening and they charged my credit card yesterday with 2 day delivery means, tomorrow it is.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yep, shipped today from CA and delivering tomorrow. That's fast and I didn't pay for expedited shipping. Says it will be here by 10:30. I'll practice some picture taking on Thanksgiving day.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Got my notification for tomorrow delivery from UPS. Took all day to update and show tracking info. My ups account also shows all scheduled deliveries to my address and they sent me a confirmation email as well.. So, it's definitely coming. I chose express shipping but the UPS shows ground delivery. It's arriving because it's being shipped from Mira Loma, CA and I live in CA. Interesting... Either way

Keng C

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Live in Los Angeles and being shipped from Mira Loma, CA as Ground. WTH did I pay $17 for express shipping for? I am getting that back for sure.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Live in Los Angeles and being shipped from Mira Loma, CA as Ground. WTH did I pay $17 for express shipping for? I am getting that back for sure.

Logistics software determines the most cost effective delivery route and ships via that. If you pay for overnight, it will arrive overnight, regardless if you are a block or 2,500 miles from the distribution center. You paid for overnight to guarantee you'd have it next day. The warehouse just happened to be close to you in the ground=1 day zone.

If stock levels weren't high enough at the Mira Loma, CA warehouse, it could have shipped from Illinois or something. And you'd still get it in one day.

Basically you paid for the guarantee.

Keng C

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Logistics software determines the most cost effective delivery route and ships via that. If you pay for overnight, it will arrive overnight, regardless if you are a block or 2,500 miles from the distribution center. You paid for overnight to guarantee you'd have it next day. The warehouse just happened to be close to you in the ground=1 day zone.

If stock levels weren't high enough at the Mira Loma, CA warehouse, it could have shipped from Illinois or something. And you'd still get it in one day.

Basically you paid for the guarantee.

I understand that, seen plenty example from Amazon Prime. It's not right when other people picked Free Shipping and got Next Day Air, I could have saved that $17 and still get next day delivery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos