For those with a Store preorder for the 950 XL

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, since the online orders have begun shipping and are scheduled to arrive on the 25th to those that ordered, shouldn't the store receive their shipments on the 25th as well? That would only make sense right? If they have them then, why wouldn't they give them to those that preordered. Will they really make us wait another day? I'd like to think we'll be able to pick them up late afternoon/night on Weds. My store doesn't open until 6PM on Thanksgiving, and with family over and the Black Friday craziness, I really don't want to go then.

What are you guys planning on doing?

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The two stores in the Seattle area (where Microsoft is based) aren't even open on Thanksgiving, meaning I will have to go to the mall on black Friday. I'm kinda annoyed at that frankly. I want to avoid the mall like the plague on Friday.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
they may get them on the 25th but wont have them setup for sale perhaps until after the 25th - which means it may depend on when your "local" store opens up after thanksgiving day has started....

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I called my local store, they said even if they do get them in tomorrow (25) they won't be in inventory and couldn't sell it to me until Thursday the 26th. Sucks...

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried to call the Florida Mall (Orlando) store but don't think I ever got to speak to someone at the store. The guy I talked to kept revering the them in the third person. Anyway, I told him that last week I was told that they MIGHT get the phones in today (11/24) and if they did, I MIGHT be able to pick my phone up on Wednesday (11/25). His response to that was, and I'm quoting him, "if they did that the store would be fired". How do you fire a store? LOL!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Guess I won't bother harassing my MS Store guy then. Seems a little silly that I pre-ordered my XL Oct 6th in store thinking I'd be the first to get it yet people who pre-ordered last week are getting theirs today. :eck:

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. Ordered mine on 10/10 thinking that while I might not be first, I would at least be among the first. Now not only do I get to drive 4 hours to the mall, I get to do it either Thanksgiving Day (the store opens at 6pm) or brave the Black Friday crowds. That is assuming they call me tomorrow to tell me that I can pick up my phone! While I was talking to the guy who said the store would be fired I couldn't even get him to tell me if enough phones where sent to my store to cover the pre-orders! His response was "that was not public knowledge"! No kidding, why did he think I was asking him! Don't get me wrong, he wasn't rude or anything like that. He was very pleasant but not very helpful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6