11-27-2015 06:58 PM
71 123
tools
    She doesn't know what she is talking about. The whole purpose of the preorder is to guarantee that they hold one for you.
    Made me think of this Seinfeld clip:
    Nick Metro likes this.
    11-25-2015 12:15 PM
    11:11am
    What time does your store open today?
    11-25-2015 12:18 PM
    Just went into Schaumburg IL store and was told they wouldn't sell until tomorrow. Stinks as I'm leaving town tonight. Hopefully that changes.
    11-25-2015 12:22 PM
    Just went into Schaumburg IL store and was told they wouldn't sell until tomorrow. Stinks as I'm leaving town tonight. Hopefully that changes.
    That's what I'm afraid of. WC has a front page story saying Microsoft decided to release them today, not tomorrow. I'm gonna try but am doubtful the word has gotten to all stores. Terrible launch.
    11-25-2015 12:27 PM
    Anyone in Boston for their call or email?
    11-25-2015 12:49 PM
    What time does your store open today?
    It opened at 10am local.
    11-25-2015 12:50 PM
    Just in case anyone is in the DC area, I just got off phone with the Pentagon City Microsoft Store and the 950XL will not be available until tomorrow at 6pm. The 950 is available now unlocked if you want that model.
    SwimSwim, libra89 and wayn1ak like this.
    11-25-2015 12:53 PM
    Just in case anyone is in the DC area, I just got off phone with the Pentagon City Microsoft Store and the 950XL will not be available until tomorrow at 6pm. The 950 is available now unlocked if you want that model.
    You didn't happen to ask if the 950 was a dual SIM model did you?
    11-25-2015 12:54 PM
    Click bait at its finest. They didn't fact check it or anything.
    11-25-2015 12:57 PM
    That's so silly. What a disjointed launch. Do they not want our money? Many stores are selling today, but some not until tomorrow. Makes no sense.
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    11-25-2015 12:58 PM
    That's so silly. What a disjointed launch. Do they not want our money? Many stores are selling today, but some not until tomorrow. Makes no sense.
    If they are leaving it up to store managers who want to drive Thanksgiving day/Black Friday traffic, I'm not sure I can blame them.
    11-25-2015 01:17 PM
    hey, has anyone who has been to an MS store today noticed if they have cases and/or screen protectors in stock for both the 950 & 950 XL?
    11-25-2015 01:28 PM
    I was able to pick mine up today in North Carolina. Walked in and played dumb saying today was the day i heard to pick them up. No issues although all the phones were accounted for so i couldn't switch colors.
    11-25-2015 01:41 PM
    For those in New York City, I can confirm that both the Flagship Store on 5th Ave and the kiosk at the Time Warner Center are not releasing them today, according to the representative I spoke to on the phone. He knew already that the flagship store would not be releasing them until tomorrow, but he put me on hold and called the kiosk directly to confirm with them as well, and it was the same story.

He did say both locations would be open on Friday, and that pre-orders would be held for 48 hours.

Best of luck to everyone and have a great holiday!
    11-25-2015 01:47 PM
    I stopped by the Tysons Corner store and was told that they do have both phones in the back, but that they haven't been added to inventory yet and so they can't be sold.

I was also told to come back when they open at 10am tomorrow, but considering that the mall doesn't open until 6pm, I'm not sure that's correct.
    wayn1ak likes this.
    11-25-2015 01:54 PM
    the inconsistency of this is so annoying, especially given the holidays and busiest shopping time of the year. =\
    11-25-2015 01:55 PM
    I went back to the store to speak to a manager, at least she knew a bit more. Not on sale until Thurs 6pm, but since I've preordered she strongly recommended coming in after midnight anyway to avoid lines. Back to square one! LOL

This is the downtown Houston / Galleria store.
    11-25-2015 02:02 PM
    Do you know the direct phone number for the Arlington Store? I tried calling, but had to go through a stupid call center that was absolutely worthless. So I tried my luck and drove down there to see if they were selling today. Alas, 'twas not the case.

Any word on the Tyson's Store? I hate going there, but if they're selling, I'm willing to make the drive. EDIT: Quick answer, they're apparently not selling until tomorrow. So disappointing.
    11-25-2015 02:08 PM
    I stopped by the Tysons Corner store and was told that they do have both phones in the back, but that they haven't been added to inventory yet and so they can't be sold.

I was also told to come back when they open at 10am tomorrow, but considering that the mall doesn't open until 6pm, I'm not sure that's correct.
    Nevermind on that Tyson's Store plan then, thanks for the info!

What a shame, this whole launch has been an unorganized mess.
    11-25-2015 02:09 PM
    Just walked into my store and bought one, yey! Also met another forum member there, DOUBLE yey!
    11-25-2015 02:26 PM
    Has anyone called/tried the Westfield Montgomery Mall MS store? It's not too far from the Tysons store.
    11-25-2015 02:38 PM
    Just got this in an email:
    pre-order.jpg

I'm heading to the store now. This is in LA (Century City)
    11-25-2015 03:06 PM
    Just picked it up from MS Store @ South Coast Plaza.

First, the guy told me that since I did not receive a phone call from them I could not pick it up today - I was like what??!?. Luckily, there was someone else there, I think she was a store manager (wearing green shirt), who listened to our conversation and she just took my pre-order receipt and said I will take care of this. Sure enough, there was one waiting for me. She apologized to me on how I was treated by that guy, and said he did not know. She even told me that the store had not made any phone call to anyone yet. I was just glad she was around and was able to help.
    11-25-2015 03:09 PM
    Just got the call from the Omaha store, in stock and they are selling the pre-orders today.
    11-25-2015 03:21 PM
    Just picked it up from MS Store @ South Coast Plaza.

First, the guy told me that since I did not receive a phone call from them I could not pick it up today - I was like what??!?. Luckily, there was someone else there, I think she was a store manager (wearing green shirt), who listened to our conversation and she just took my pre-order receipt and said I will take care of this. Sure enough, there was one waiting for me. She apologized to me on how I was treated by that guy, and said he did not know. She even told me that the store had not made any phone call to anyone yet. I was just glad she was around and was able to help.
    We must have just missed each other there...
    11-25-2015 03:43 PM
71 123