Any word on pre orders for 950XL in the physical stores?

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the store to speak to a manager, at least she knew a bit more. Not on sale until Thurs 6pm, but since I've preordered she strongly recommended coming in after midnight anyway to avoid lines. Back to square one! LOL

This is the downtown Houston / Galleria store.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone is in the DC area, I just got off phone with the Pentagon City Microsoft Store and the 950XL will not be available until tomorrow at 6pm. The 950 is available now unlocked if you want that model.

Do you know the direct phone number for the Arlington Store? I tried calling, but had to go through a stupid call center that was absolutely worthless. So I tried my luck and drove down there to see if they were selling today. Alas, 'twas not the case.

Any word on the Tyson's Store? I hate going there, but if they're selling, I'm willing to make the drive. EDIT: Quick answer, they're apparently not selling until tomorrow. So disappointing.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I stopped by the Tysons Corner store and was told that they do have both phones in the back, but that they haven't been added to inventory yet and so they can't be sold.

I was also told to come back when they open at 10am tomorrow, but considering that the mall doesn't open until 6pm, I'm not sure that's correct.

Nevermind on that Tyson's Store plan then, thanks for the info!

What a shame, this whole launch has been an unorganized mess.

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just picked it up from MS Store @ South Coast Plaza.

First, the guy told me that since I did not receive a phone call from them I could not pick it up today - I was like what??!?:angry:. Luckily, there was someone else there, I think she was a store manager (wearing green shirt), who listened to our conversation and she just took my pre-order receipt and said I will take care of this. Sure enough, there was one waiting for me. She apologized to me on how I was treated by that guy, and said he did not know. She even told me that the store had not made any phone call to anyone yet. I was just glad she was around and was able to help.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Just picked it up from MS Store @ South Coast Plaza.

First, the guy told me that since I did not receive a phone call from them I could not pick it up today - I was like what??!?:angry:. Luckily, there was someone else there, I think she was a store manager (wearing green shirt), who listened to our conversation and she just took my pre-order receipt and said I will take care of this. Sure enough, there was one waiting for me. She apologized to me on how I was treated by that guy, and said he did not know. She even told me that the store had not made any phone call to anyone yet. I was just glad she was around and was able to help.

We must have just missed each other there...

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine was there, setting up now. Pretty surprised at how it is damn near the same screen size as the 1520 but it feels much smaller, and the plastic shell is actually really nice...

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine a couple of hours ago. Did anyone receive the dock? I forgot to ask.

Dock is acquired through an app that gives you a code to 0 out a purchase on the MS Store website. I successfully redeemed and now have one on order for free through my XL.

I would definitely call and or just go down there and ask. I would assume by now every store got the memo that told them they can sell them starting today.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by Valley Fair and picked up my 950xl. No call or email, just stopped by with my October preorder receipt. Guy said no free continuum dock at the store...he said probably use that app to do it online. Couldn't get the student discount. He tried to put it in his phone at checkout, but it didn't work.

Walked over to the ATT store next to get a microsim for it. Got it all setup and just finished a full phone reset to start fresh.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Just stopped by Valley Fair and picked up my 950xl. No call or email, just stopped by with my October preorder receipt. Guy said no free continuum dock at the store...he said probably use that app to do it online. Couldn't get the student discount. He tried to put it in his phone at checkout, but it didn't work.

Walked over to the ATT store next to get a microsim for it. Got it all setup and just finished a full phone reset to start fresh.

Student discount should have worked just fine. I was able to get it added to my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786