Continuum

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Most present company excluded, but people are short sighted.
Do they not recall the development path of the laptop ?
Back then people were not liking the laptop, too big, too heavy, and way under powered - when compared to the desktop.
Well a few of us saw the benefits of the laptop and kept using them and pushing the envelope of what they could do. Developers and engineers kept working on them and eventually we ended up where we are today. Most people have and prefer laptops or even tablets over desk tops.
For people and reviews to say, can't use your phone as a computer, well they are wrong. we (present company) will use it and push the envelope of what it can do. Developers and engineers will keep improving and eventually most people will be carrying their computer in their pocket - when they aren't making calls !

I look forward to the future of this continuum to develop and show all its true potential.

DZimbrich

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Well stated! I just ordered my Display Dock for my Lumia 950 XL which will arrive in the morning! I have a Surface Pro 3 and plan on pushing the envelope as well! Cheers!

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have an office at work, or some sort of private work set up, this type of arrangement makes perfect sense, esp. if you are using mainly office suite and web browsers. The main applications I use are Quickbooks Online, bill.com, bank application all on a web browser, word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, spotify. Nothing high powered. I've been using my SP2 as my desktop computer for almost two years. I keep a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, display, good quality speakers, and 4 port usb hub in my office. If I bike to work, my tablet fits easily in my Carradice bag. Plenty of room for a jacket and loaf of bread. I LOVE having that set up. There are days when I walk briskly to work, and when I do that, the less I can carry with me the better.

From there to using a phone in the tablet's place is a fairly small leap. It may not be there now, but I am getting the display dock and I will try it with my 950xl to see how it works for days when I want to really travel ultra-light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs